Your take on Kedrick Brown

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by OnTheBreakaway, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

Page 2 [​IMG]

Still no minutes for Kedrick Brown. Why don't we put him on the DL and activate Boom-Boom til Diop comes back?

2. KarmaCav

KarmaCav JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mr_Infante:</div><div class="quote_post">Page 2 [​IMG]

Still no minutes for Kedrick Brown. Why don't we put him on the DL and activate Boom-Boom til Diop comes back?</div>

Another big body wouldn't go astray!!!

Any news on Diop BTW????

3. mustafa_shakur

mustafa_shakur JBB JustBBall Member

Sometimes I think Silas doesn't play Brown so that he can hide him from the bobcats or something. He shoots the three better than most on the team, and plays D better than most on the team. He just doesn't shoot enough.

4. DajuanWagner#2

DajuanWagner#2 JBB JustBBall Member

^
    are you saying that he hiding a player so the team can keep him? That would be idiotic! A player that wants the best for a team and willing to play his best, is benched because the coach wants to hide him from other teams? Unlikely, then you have to put the whole NBA on the bench and there would be no league, because no one is allowed by their coaches to play?

5. KarmaCav

Settle down Norway!!!

The fact maybe that Brown is still to raw and hesitant on offense that Silas wants him to work on his ball handling (which is awful) and offensive sets! He scares me when he is dribbling on the fast break. Looks like he is gonna dribble off his knee or feet! He has some talent, but he also lacks alot of the basics. Defensively Brown is good, but because he lacks the smarts and fundamentals to execute the teams offensive sets so he is sat. I hope this improves because his 3 ball can really help this team, and his defense would make Newble defunct! At the moment Newble has those fundementals that allows the team to work it sets. Shame about his shooting though!

6. mustafa_shakur

mustafa_shakur JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DajuanWagner#2:</div><div class="quote_post">^
    are you saying that he hiding a player so the team can keep him? That would be idiotic! A player that wants the best for a team and willing to play his best, is benched because the coach wants to hide him from other teams? Unlikely, then you have to put the whole NBA on the bench and there would be no league, because no one is allowed by their coaches to play?</div>

Norway, I know that wouldn't actually be the case. I was just having a little fun with it. I just don't think it makes sense that he gets no PT after being a starter on the team. I don't know how one day a guy like Kapono or Brown can play big minutes or start and then not play at all for an extended period of time.

BTW, nice points Karma.

So Norway, why do you think Brown isn't playing?

7. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

Brown plays simple ball, scratch that, very simple ball. He doesn't seem to be able to get the job done, he tries hard but doesn't seem to be able to deliver. He has a lot of potential but seems to only be able to get into foul trouble. He needs someone who will teach and allow him to use the explosive offense he's capable of.

8. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

Hands down, KB has no confidence and that is why his is on the shelf.

9. KarmaCav

His lack of confidense on the offensive end, is compounded by Silas not playing him at all. We have been in some tough close games though, making it harder for Silas to trial and test him again. I'm sure we'll see him soon!

10. tankster

tankster JBB JustBBall Member

11. redscoon

redscoon JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting KarmaCav:</div><div class="quote_post">Defensively Brown is good, but because he lacks the smarts and fundamentals to execute the teams offensive sets so he is sat. </div>

I'm not sure if there is anyone who could possibly lack the smarts to execute the Cavs offensive sets. Do the Cavs even run offensive sets? Come on, its not like we're the Sacremento Kings or the Lakers out there running the triangle. The Cavs offense is throw it to Z and let him do his thing, or kick it back out. If the Cavs don't do this, they take their guy one on one.

12. KarmaCav

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting redscoon:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm not sure if there is anyone who could possibly lack the smarts to execute the Cavs offensive sets. Do the Cavs even run offensive sets? Come on, its not like we're the Sacremento Kings or the Lakers out there running the triangle. The Cavs offense is throw it to Z and let him do his thing, or kick it back out. If the Cavs don't do this, they take their guy one on one.</div>

Exactly scoon.

He cant play to our simple sets. He doesn't work off the ball to feed off Z and cant dribble to save himself, therefor not beating his man one on one. Struggles to shoot when the ball is kicked out as he hesitates. There is some raw talent there, but he needs to work damn hard this summer to improve his game otherwise he is an import on some Euro team.