Your Take on Ownership

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by Squishface, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Squishface

Squishface JBB Ministering Fools

The more I listen to the owners of this club, the more impressed I am with them. I'm a big proponent of giving as good as you get, and Wyc seems to be particularly good at it.

Every time I hear Wyc or Danny on the radio, they field questions about the negative reactions of other teams and players to the defensive (and otherwise) intensity this team shows. Each time they answer with humor, but they took their lumps for years with awful teams, and had no answers at the time.

I'm impressed with how much professionalism they've shown when it counted, but how much they seem to have a good time while they're at it (see: Danny throwing a towel during free throws.)

They can be a bit much for opposing executives, I think this is one of the reasons I like them so much.

Oh, and a special thanks to Kevin McHale for making this topic of conversation possible.

2. ¹²³

¹²³ ¼½¾

I don't know much about Celtics ownership, but with the results this team is getting the last seasons, well, fans can't complain much, can they?

3. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

One of the best groups in all of sports. They are fans of the team, first. And they have no problem spending money.

4. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

and what I mean by fans first, I think they would rather have an unprofitable team that wins than a profitable one that loses.

5. Squishface

Squishface JBB Ministering Fools

That would appear to be the case. I think the biggest thing for me is that Wyc, Danny, Steve, et al. all appear to be as passionate as the last guy in the group. The thing that gets me is that there are just as accessible as any other ownership group in town, and they show their due respect to the fan base that got them there, unlike some hockey owners I know of in town.