Your thoughts on the Rondo/West backcourt?

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by CelticBalla32, Mar 14, 2007.

1. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Recently Doc has gone with a starting backcourt of Rondo and Delonte together. I want to know what some of your thoughts are on it. Here are mine:

FINALLY!!! FINALLY Doc realized that Delonte is more of a 2-guard. Rondo is the best point guard on the team without question and he makes things happen on both ends. And what has happened with these two games with these guys on the court together? IT HAS WORKED. Delonte has been awesome and Rajon has ran things just beautifully. Delonte is so effective off the ball, and with Rondo's great drive-and-kick game, Delonte gets even better looks.

I love the move, and I hope they go with this for the rest of the season.

2. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

It seems to be working....So, I cant disagree with it. I have never thought of Delonte as an actual point guard. His best attribute last year was his shooting ability, and the C's need a real PG at the point guard position, and Rondo gives us that. With Wally out for the season, Delonte should log a whole lot of minutes at that spot, which I hope leads to Bassy getting some time. I havent given up on him yet.

3. yankshater213

yankshater213 BBW Elite Member

LOVE it. Shooter in Delonte, playmaker in Rondo, both hustle their asses off, both are pretty damn good rebounders for their size, both play pretty solid defense. LOVE this back court. Nice move by Doc.

4. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

I love it the whole lineup. Everyone in it seems to be playing well together when they're on the floor. Kendrick seems to benefiting from this lineup as well. I love it because not only is Rondo a great playmaker but he gets EVERYONE involved. He's always looking to make the smart play. Also, with Delonte's past point guard experience, he can dish the ball and make plays as well. We all know Deonte won't be the starting point guard in the future but that experience as a point guard will benefit him immensely because as an undersized shooting guard he's going to need to be somewhat passive when he goes up against bigger SG's. I love the lineup and the team plays a solid and exciting game with Rondo/Delonte as the backcourt.

5. AiRuPtHeRe

AiRuPtHeRe BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (yankshater213 @ Mar 15 2007, 05:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>LOVE it. Shooter in Delonte, playmaker in Rondo, both hustle their asses off, both are pretty damn good rebounders for their size, both play pretty solid defense. LOVE this back court. Nice move by Doc.</div>Couldn't agree with you more. Having Rajon Rondo has the playmaker and Delonte as the pure shooter is a beastly move by Doc. I just love the way both of them play on the court. Hopefully Doc doesn't make a dumb move and redo the whole rotation again, which most likely wouldn't happen.

6. GeraldGreen5

GeraldGreen5 BBW Member

Finally, and until Telfair improves his D it should stay this way.

7. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Finally, and until Telfair improves his D it should stay this way.</div>F*ck Telfair, Rondo and West are already both better than Telfair. Telfair is ions behind these two. It should stay this way reguardless.

8. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

I watched the Celtics/Hawks game the other night and it seemed to work. Both these guys are quick as hell and can get into the lane...Doc played Rondo/West together the first 8 or so minutes....thats in my opinion the best backcourt they could have on the floor. Rondo should have been getting the majority of the PG minutes this entire season, especially now.

9. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Mar 15 2007, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I watched the Celtics/Hawks game the other night and it seemed to work. Both these guys are quick as hell and can get into the lane...Doc played Rondo/West together the first 8 or so minutes....thats in my opinion the best backcourt they could have on the floor. Rondo should have been getting the majority of the PG minutes this entire season, especially now.</div>
    Exactly, we've been saying that for months. Remember when Doc benched Rondo because he couldn't shoot? :HAHAHA: This is why we give Doc so much heat. It's the fact that we, as fans, can see almost obvious things, yet our head coach (that gets payed $5M a year) can't seem to figure it out.

10. GeraldGreen5

GeraldGreen5 BBW Member

We he certainly has seen the problem with Allan Ray, who fouled out last night. [​IMG]

11. high54life

high54life Sky's The Limit

I like Rondo at point. But not Delonte at the two and starting. West is a shooting guard but, GG should definitely be the starting SG.Something like: RR/GG/PP/AJ/KP ST/DW/BS/LP/AR

12. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

Gerald hasn't earned a starting spot yet..he's still inconsistent and a bit sloppy at timeshe shows signs of greatness but sometimes he'll just go out there..get a few fouls and a turnover and be back on the bench :dunno:Delonte has earned his spot in the starting lineup..Gerald should be getting more minutes though

13. high54life

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ Mar 18 2007, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Gerald hasn't earned a starting spot yet..he's still inconsistent and a bit sloppy at timeshe shows signs of greatness but sometimes he'll just go out there..get a few fouls and a turnover and be back on the bench :dunno:Delonte has earned his spot in the starting lineup..Gerald should be getting more minutes though</div>Rondo hasn't earned a starting spot, West hasn't, Perk hasn't, so why not Gerald just remeber 25 in 30.

14. playaofthegame

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (High54Life @ Mar 18 2007, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Rondo hasn't earned a starting spot, West hasn't, Perk hasn't, so why not Gerald just remeber 25 in 30.</div>Rondo has..he changes the tempo of the game and is really our difference maker whenever he's in thereDelonte has..he's been with us 3 years and he's been a hard worker every single day..this year he had a few injury problems but how has he not earned a starting role? Maybe he isn't a point guard but all Delonte does is knock shuts and hustle..I'll admit though that Perk shouldn't be starting on a good team with a good big man (hopefully us with Oden) but who are you gonna start? Scal? at center? Gerald? At Power forward? lolHonestly..Gerald has games like that but then he'll have a stretch of games where he does absolutely nothing..you just don't get it..your blind

15. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (High54Life @ Mar 18 2007, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Rondo hasn't earned a starting spot, West hasn't, Perk hasn't, so why not Gerald just remeber 25 in 30.</div>
    1. Rondo has. Like playa said, he is a game changer. He's our best defender as well, with TA out.
    2. West hasn't? [​IMG] I don't even need to say anything... lmao.
    3. Perk hasn't necessarily EARNED it, but we have no choice right now.

Also, Gerald 25 in 30.. great. How about last night? When he scored 2 points and got BURNED defensively, which is why he didn't play much. He's too inconsistent, no way he should start over Delonte. That's absurd.

16. high54life

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Mar 18 2007, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>When he scored 2 points and got BURNED defensively, which is why he didn't play much. He's too inconsistent, no way he should start over Delonte. That's absurd.</div>Rondo played great last night! 6 assists, 14 rebounds :flex: , but 2 points on 1-6 shooting in 35 minutes, he's inconsistent too ya know.. We need buckets. Gerald scored 2 points on 1-1 shooting in 13 minutes. He took one shot and had no turnovers. He played good defensively, just because someone sets a pick on you doesn't mean you got BURNED. Manu is a great player, can't fault Gerald for that. Plus he probably won us the game with the go-ahead dunk. At this point of the season, we should start G$ over D-West because we can develop him and Delonte has already proven himself and is not the future. :happy0144: He's inconsistent, I know that but if you look at his minutes each game there a little inconsistent too. So were does he find his rhythm? <u>GET THE BALL TO GERALD</u>!

17. playaofthegame

yeah..id like to see Gerald get 14 rebounds and 6 assists when he's having "one of those nights"what's the point of starting Gerald who still hasn't proven himself over starting Delonte who has?