Your Top 5 College Players in 2005

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by N4S, Aug 1, 2004.

1. IrishFan1

IrishFan1 JBB JustBBall Member

1. Paul
    2. Hodges
    3. Simien
    4. Warrick
    5. Thomas

2. GiantMidget

GiantMidget JBB JustBBall Member

My mistake on Lamizana, thank you for clarifying that. Stick Warrick in his spot then. Lamizana didnt get drafted then,its a shame cause he was fun to watch.He'll make it to the L if he ever bulks up assuming hes playing overseas.

3. jagman28782

jagman28782 JBB JustBBall Member

I can't believe nobody even has Kennedy Winston close to the Top 10. He's at least a darkhorse candidate for player of the year.

4. Pure

Pure JBB Graphic Design

Here is mine, by position-

PG- Chris Paul
    SG- Rashad McCants
    SF- Hakim Warrick
    PF- Ronny Turiaf
    C- Lawrence Roberts

5. FranciscosGurl

FranciscosGurl JBB JustBBall Member

1. Francisco Garcia
    2. Josh Boone
    3. Kelenna Azubuike
    4. Derion Williams
    5. Sean May

6. Nasty

Nasty JBB Sorry, I killed Fever

1. Jarret Jack
    2. JJ Reddick
    3. Aaron Miles
    4. Hakim Warrick
    5. Rashad Maccants

Those are my favourites who I'd think would be very good pros.

7. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Those are my favourites who I'd think would be very good pros.</div>

All five are great players, but Redick and Miles don't have much a future in the pro's, and Jack is looking more and more like a late first to early second round pick, so I doubt he does very well in the NBA either. The NBA is too dominated by foreigners and high school kids.

8. Nasty

Can you explain to me why you don't think Miles and Redick will have success in the pro level? They sure have talent. Redick is a great shooter, and we both know how lost of an art shooting is in the league. (Not trying to argue or anything, just want to know what's your take on those two)

9. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Purple Fever:</div><div class="quote_post">Can you explain to me why you don't think Miles and Redick will have success in the pro level? They sure have talent. Redick is a great shooter, and we both know how lost of an art shooting is in the league. (Not trying to argue or anything, just want to know what's your take on those two)</div>

Height is the big issue with Redick. He's pretty undersized for a two guard. I'm not sure why Miles won't make it. He seems like a big time player to me. However, I'm just going by what I've read and seen in mock drafts, and most don't even have Redick being drafted and have Miles as a late second rounder. It's not so much that they're untalented. It's just that there's more talented players available.

10. Nasty

Oh I see. So many people (including myself) consider Jarret Jack a lottery pick. He's strong. He can pass, score, post up, defend, you name it. I think when it's all said and done, he'll end up as a lottery pick.

11. S.Livingston14

S.Livingston14 JBB JustBBall Member

I think Jarret Jack is one of the top 20 players in the country, because he combines the aspects of speed, accuracy, and consistency(sounds like I'm talking football LOL). I was very impressed with his play today against Kansas dispite their loss. Jarret had 26 points, and was the teams leader. I don't expect him to go any higher than 20, or any lower than the firs two or three picks of the second round. He will be a steal though.

12. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

Jarrett Jack is extremely underrated IMO...I wouldn't mind him going into the 2nd round, then the Raps could get him. After he performs well, all the so called "experts" would be saying that he's a steal of the draft.