You're better than that Gilbert Arenas

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by BrewCityBuck, Apr 12, 2007.

1. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

Re: You're better than that Gilbert Arenas

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rok @ Apr 15 2007, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>So is Gilbert a bad man? Also, do you know Gilbert personally?</div>
    No, I said that you don't know if Gilbert acts without using his head.

And no I don't know gil personally but I dont make assumptions like that.

2. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Alright, I'll spill it. Gilbert's a gangsta who sells drug, smokes weed and runs from the police.

3. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

It's not so much that I think Gilbert is a "bad person" or anything, I just think that he's an attention whore and it's gotten old. He's pretty consistent with the whole thing and I guess he thinks it's pretty cute or something. Perhaps if it wasn't ALL THE TIME I might think he was a cool guy. Really he just comes off as kind of a dick whenever he does stuff like that. I don't think the guy is Hitler or anything, I'm sure he does some good things and some bad things like any human.

4. Ultimate

Ultimate BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rok @ Apr 12 2007, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yawn, it's just like you defending Gil every time. It's a cycle. You got the lovers and the haters.</div>Yeah, but it's always the haters who have nothing to do with their lives who start sh*t like this. Last few topics this guy started in this part of the forums are always about Gil doing something wrong. Then out of nowhere you'll hear words coming from this bastard's mouth praising Gilbert. *cough* http://www.bballworld.us/forum/The-NBA-nee...nas-t26592.html *cough*. Seriously, lay off Gilbert's dick. But hey, I can be wrong. I can see this guy making threads like this <u>just</u> to piss Ming off, right BCB?I don't mind hearing people hate on Gilbert, but what pisses me off is when they do it, but they don't know much about the guy. Don't come in here bashing the man when you don't have enough knowledge about what he does on and off the court. Please. People point out how cocky and arrogant he is, when you fail to mention the good things this man does for the people on and off the court. You're only making yourself look like an illiterate prick.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ballerman2112 @ Apr 14 2007, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>And pestilence, Gilbert does more than just donate a jersey every game...Im sure he donates money as well. And what about last year in the playoffs? Didnt you watch that special on him? How he took a kid under his wing and all that stuff...</div>Add the fact that He bought $25000 worth of foods and brought them to an Evacuation center in DC where hundreds of Katrina Survivors where staying at. He also dorve all those goods there himself. He also plays in the summer league with your normal average people.http://youtube.com/watch?v=c7BKPLcCjPwThat was two summer ago btw, he didn't have time to play last summer due to being in the USA team.

5. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ultimate @ Apr 15 2007, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You're only making yourself look like an illiterate prick.</div>lololololSo ironic, wow.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ultimate @ Apr 15 2007, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Add the fact that He bought $25000 worth of foods and brought them to an Evacuation center in DC where hundreds of Katrina Survivors where staying at. He also dorve all those goods there himself. He also plays in the summer league with your normal average people.http://youtube.com/watch?v=c7BKPLcCjPwThat was two summer ago btw, he didn't have time to play last summer due to being in the USA team.</div>You're really impressed by someone giving a small fraction of their wealth to needy people? I mean, it's certainly not a bad thing, but you're acting like Gilbert had to make some sort of huge sacrifice for either of those things... he didn't.

6. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

He is a VERY nice and generous man, but his arrogance sometimes blinds people from seeing all of the amazing things this guy does for his fans. Go to a Wizards game and you will see just how nice he is to them....every extended hand he will high 5, gives out his jersey every games, talks to some fans, etc... Then with all of his charities, donations, mentoring, school visits....just a very nice guy. BTW, if anyone is interested, this weekend if you sign up on his website and donate 25 dollars to his website, you will recieve an autographed jersey and pair of his shoes.

7. Garbajosa.n.cheese

Garbajosa.n.cheese BBW Member

Gilbert also described his ideal shoe commercial like this:? You know how I always throw my jersey into the stands after a game? In Washington, they just go crazy for it. So in this commercial, that's what I'm gonna do with my shoes. I've just hit a game winner, and I throw these shoes. Everyone starts to react, and you see everything in slow motion. Everyone's pushing, shoving, doing whatever it takes to try to get to these shoes. People from the 400 level, they're jumping off the ledge, they're missing the pile, hitting nothing but chairs, and you can just see in people's faces like, Ooooh, that hurt. While all this stuff's going on, one of the shoes pops out of the crowd, and a little girl gets it and she takes off. A couple of people see she has it, and they start chasing her, and she's looking back running?and then she gets clotheslined by a kid in a wheelchair. So he picks the shoe up and says?he's gonna have the only line in there?"They said I couldn't get it. Heh. Impossible is nothing." And then he rolls off."When a cripple beats up a girl in a shoe commercial, you know your whack

8. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Garbajosa.n.cheese @ Apr 29 2007, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Gilbert also described his ideal shoe commercial like this:? You know how I always throw my jersey into the stands after a game? In Washington, they just go crazy for it. So in this commercial, that's what I'm gonna do with my shoes. I've just hit a game winner, and I throw these shoes. Everyone starts to react, and you see everything in slow motion. Everyone's pushing, shoving, doing whatever it takes to try to get to these shoes. People from the 400 level, they're jumping off the ledge, they're missing the pile, hitting nothing but chairs, and you can just see in people's faces like, Ooooh, that hurt. While all this stuff's going on, one of the shoes pops out of the crowd, and a little girl gets it and she takes off. A couple of people see she has it, and they start chasing her, and she's looking back running?and then she gets clotheslined by a kid in a wheelchair. So he picks the shoe up and says?he's gonna have the only line in there?"They said I couldn't get it. Heh. Impossible is nothing." And then he rolls off."When a cripple beats up a girl in a shoe commercial, you know your whack</div>If he'd changed it to a little boy getting clotheslined, would you have said the same? I think that's the only problem, I like the message and ending though.

9. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

Did he give those 20k jerseys out?<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ming637 @ Apr 29 2007, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If he'd changed it to a little boy getting clotheslined, would you have said the same? I think that's the only problem, I like the message and ending though.</div>WTF is wrong with you? And why would it change it? It's still a little kid.

10. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

He needs to sign and personalize all of em, it takes time.

11. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Something-To-Say @ Apr 30 2007, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Did he give those 20k jerseys out?WTF is wrong with you? And why would it change it? It's still a little kid.</div>What? Do you think I'm a pedophile or something now? I thought you meant that it was wrong that it was a girl instead of a boy that was being clotheslined.

12. Garbajosa.n.cheese

Garbajosa.n.cheese BBW Member

What makes it wrong is that a crippled boy clotheslines a girl. The boy being crippled isn't anything, but the fact it's a boy clotheslines a girl is what's bad. Hypothetically, if the commercial was aired, some 10 year old boy would see it. Then in school, that boy will clothesline a girl for no apparent reason, and then say "Impossible is Nothing". Basically, what that shows is that Gilbert is somewhat sadistic; he enjoys seeing the pain of others. and the pain of a little girl... come on. Gilbert may be an excellent basketball player, but he needs to go to a shrink.

13. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>By the time Washington Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas ended the season last month, he had racked up 2,105 points, earning $215,000 for area schools -- 29 in the District -- that received donations from the three-time All-Star and team owners Abe and Irene Pollin for every point he scored.As part of the "Gilbert Scores for Schools" program, 82 schools in the District, Maryland and Virginia received $100 each time Arenas made a shot. At the beginning of the season in October, Arenas held a drawing and chose 41 schools, one designated to receive a donation for each of the team's home games. The Pollins matched his offer and chose another 41 schools for the away games.</div>http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7050200735.htmlWe definitely are better than Gilbert Arenas, since we donated over $200,000 right BCB?