Zac Jensen (TUF 10) entangled in wrongful death lawsuit

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by speeds, Oct 31, 2009.

1. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/10/30/tuf-10s-zak-jensen-facing-wrongful-death-lawsuit/

Zak Jensen, otherwise known as Lindermann, was working as a bodyguard during spring break in Mexico. At some point Jensen got into an altercation with a college student in a hotel room at The Sheraton in Puerto Vallarta. The student wound up dead in the bathroom Jimi Hendrix-style (asphyxiation caused by vomit). He had wounds on his face. Jensen is claiming self-defense.

[​IMG]

2. Chocolove

Chocolove Active Member

wait, how's it his fault that the guy died from his own vomit? I understand that Jensen might of roughed him up a bit before but I don't think one lead to the other. Well if he gets convicted Titties can always say that he choked out a murderer.

3. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

This happened in March. When was TUF filmed?

If he had this hanging over his head at the time of the taping, it might explain his odd behavior. The criminal investigation would have taken a few months, so he might not have even known if he was facing time (in a Mexican prison)!

4. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

God damn, a white boy in a Mexican Prison?

He got verbally raped on the show...I hope he's ready to be actually raped.

5. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Excellent observation. It definitely would've been on his mind. Strange that the show wouldn't be aware of it before putting him on--especially considering he's not much of a fighter compared to the rest of them. TUF has a history of not picking the best fighters for the show, though.
    Well if Zak knocked him out and the guy subsequently choked to death, I suppose that would make him a murderer. Probably guilty of manslaughter.

6. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

Just to be clear, all the article mentions is a civil suit by the family. Who knows where things stand on criminal charges. Usually (in the USA), a wrongful death suit isn't filed until *after* the decision is made not to charge the person with a crime. I'm not sure if that holds true in Mexico.