Zach Lowe - 10 Things..CJ's Pull-Up Artistry

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by trailblazer18, Jan 13, 2017.

1. gatorpops

gatorpops Allen Crabb hits winning shot on Nov24 vs Blazers

Honey-Do's
    Aminu is very very good an so is Evan! For There size they are very good. Evan is probably the solution as to Dame and CJ. With improvement of Dame and CJ this team is going to be very good mgoing forward. We still need reserves to step up also. Give us a little more time and we may yetmake some noise! Go Blazers!

riverman likes this.
  2. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

I am also one of those that keep saying we need that 3rd player. Everybody wanted to blame the backcourt for our losses and we have won 3 out of 4 all three with Dame not performing like he usually does. You just see the better effort. That Cleveland game was like watching last seasons team. We just need that 3rd guy

3. handiman

handiman Well-Known Member

I'm of the opinion that's precisely why. The back court redundancy that many here hate hearing about is such that they have to take turns doing their thing. It's fairly uncommon to see both Dame and CJ have good offensive games simultaneously.

4. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I think of the potential of this team with some tweaks as the Larry Brown Pistons....undersized bigs...CJ is Rip, Dame is Chauncey and Mo is Tayshaun Prince...what's missing most is Sheed and Big Ben....Chief is more Buck Williams than Sheed ...I was hoping Ed Davis would become Big Ben...Mason is neither...he's an unusual player for a big guy

5. Cippy91

People just like to find things to blame during bad times. What they never really blames was the fact Crabbe was playing inconsistent and nobody was really playing with effort. Now we look at how consistent Crabbe has played, Ed Davis stepping up, Plumlee playing solidly. That was the issue entirely and has been. Now imagine Dame on his normal night.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  6. Cippy91

Now imagine getting a rim protector. I don't think people understand how much that one position could boost our defense and make us an overall better team

7. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

Clearly that CLE game was a fluke.

8. chzbrgr

chzbrgr Well-Known Member

CJ is my favorite player in the NBA hands down. I recklessly called him the best shooter in the NBA after a few last night and this morning I still stand by it.

9. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

That's not really saying much in the league where shooting guards suck. The talent at the shooting guard level is pretty thin these days. In my opinion Klay Thompson is not a better Defender than Wesley Matthews. :dunno:

blue9 likes this.
  10. handiman

handiman Well-Known Member

I can't disagree with either point. Wes might actually be better, but Klay has a higher profile and often gets more accolades. Wes is a really good defender, though, so that's hardly a knock on Klay when it comes to comparing GS' back court's defensive superiority to our own.

11. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the last couple times I've watched GSW I've not been that impressed with Klay. I'll take CJ over Klay. The only SG I might take over CJ is Butler.

It sure would be nice if a whole bunch of really good SGs and SFs started entering the NBA, because the talent pool at the wings just kinda sucks right now.