Zach not Untouchable?????

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Vyper, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Vyper

Vyper -Vintage '73-

jaded corporate lackey
    <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">There could be one big trade left for Blazers

02/13/04

T he most difficult question has to be asked today. The unlikeliest possibility has to be considered. Portland's new-chapter, new-look loss to Denver on Thursday left the franchise facing a realistic prospect.

Maybe there is one more trade left to make.

Maybe it involves Zach Randolph.

Maybe, maybe, maybe.

Against the Nuggets, Randolph took just seven shots. He scored eight points. And early in the fourth quarter of the 107-98 loss, here were the Blazers trying to make a comeback behind the electricity of newcomers Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Theo Ratliff.

Where was Randolph?

He was lying on the floor, his toes just off the baseline near the Blazers' bench. And he was clapping like the league's best 20-and-10 cheerleader.

"Shareef and I essentially play the same position," Randolph said. "I'll do what I have to do, but I couldn't really get in a rhythm. I never found my rhythm. I don't know what's going to happen."</div>

Link

2. nikebasketball

nikebasketball JBB JustBBall Member

I really really hope that the Blazers don't trade Zach !

3. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Don't be surprised if Celtics try and make a play for Randolph, a Davis, Woods, Randolph for Paul Pierce is actually possible and could help both teams. Ainge has made it no secret Pierce is more than available, Danny wants to go young which Zach certainly fits that bill.

4. ZeroToOne50182

ZeroToOne50182 JBB JustBBall Member

You cant trade him for one bad game.. Jesus give it some time.. They arnt going to get in rhythm with one game.. They need some time..

5. Rave

Rave JBB JustBBall Member

I don't see why he's being treated like this. He's one of the reasons you guys are still a team, let alone pulling in victories. He's improved so much since becoming your star. Improving to a double double, that is just amazing.

Look at Rashard, he's inconsistent but great, and they're keeping him. Because in their hearts they know he's a keeper. That he can be a major factor on the team. The same goes for Randolph, and he already is one.

6. nikebasketball

nikebasketball JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Magic Johnson:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't see why he's being treated like this. He's one of the reasons you guys are still a team, let alone pulling in victories. He's improved so much since becoming your star. Improving to a double double, that is just amazing.

Look at Rashard, he's inconsistent but great, and they're keeping him. Because in their hearts they know he's a keeper. That he can be a major factor on the team. The same goes for Randolph, and he already is one.</div>

I agree 100% with this ^^

Zach is the core young talent of the Blazers since Sheed and Bonzi got traded.

I feel that Zach should be the major focus.

I understand that bringing in SAR and Ratliff are supposed to make the Blazers a contender immediately, but we all know that will take some practices and playing some games together to learn one another.

The Blazers have gone through alot of changes this season and it has to be very difficult to adjust constantly to the changing roster and wondering who is gonna be playing with you week to week with all the Blazers trade rumors that have been swirling around.

Sure he's got things to work on such as his defense, temper etc. but this all comes with experience as we all know.

I'm sure that next year and many years after that Zach will be in the All Star game as long as he keeps putting up a double double average, it can't be ignored for long.

Everyone needs to give Zach his credit where his credit is due after all he is 1 of only 4 players in the entire league that is averaging 20pts. 10 rebs.

I'd like to see anyone on this board even think about trying to average 5pts 5 rebs a game in the NBA much less Zach's average.

7. Trail_Blazer76

Trail_Blazer76 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ZeroToOne50182:</div><div class="quote_post">You cant trade him for one bad game.</div>Absolutely, talk of trading Randolph is ridiculous. Why would management say that he is the future of the team, and then trade him?

8. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">Don't be surprised if Celtics try and make a play for Randolph, a Davis, Woods, Randolph for Paul Pierce is actually possible and could help both teams. Ainge has made it no secret Pierce is more than available, Danny wants to go young which Zach certainly fits that bill.</div>

If I could get Pierce for Zach and a guy who has been trouble for them in Davis, along with another trouble maker Woods I would do it in a second. Shareef has been a PF though most of if not all of his career anyway, and the lineup of Ratliff, Shareef, Pierce, Anderson and Stoudamire is one hell of a team.