Zach Randolph: Memphis is 'home'

Discussion in 'Memphis Grizzlies' started by truebluefan, Nov 4, 2013.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Memphis Grizzlies power forward Zach Randolph, who has the right to opt out of his contract in July and join the NBA's loaded class of 2014 free agents, says he wants to retire as a Grizzly.

In a recent interview with ESPN.com, Randolph said he hasn't decided if he'll opt out of the final year of his contract or play out next season at $16.5 million.

But Randolph was adamant that he doesn't want to go anywhere after entrenching himself in the Memphis community far more than he ever did in previous stops with the Portland Trail Blazers, New York Knicks and Los Angeles Clippers.

"I'd like to be here," Randolph told ESPN.com. "I'd like to retire here. You never know. If I've got to make some sacrifices to be here, I would. I still can play, I can still help a team out. I want to win a championship. I've made all the money in the world. I just want to win.

"I don't know yet [about opting in or opting out], but Memphis is my home. If they trade me tomorrow, I'm here. I just bought a new house. My daughters go to school [in Memphis]. That's my home."

Read more http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9...ays-wants-finish-nba-career-memphis-grizzlies