Zombie Zach Randolph

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by mike18946, Oct 23, 2003.

1. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Zach Randolph....

I reckon he might well win most improved player award..now that I come to think about it.He has been very impressive as a starter in pre-season his last two pre-season games shows how much talent he has to be a 20 and 10 player

27 points 18 rebounds v Nuggets
    25 points 9 rebounds v the Suns last night

So far in pre-season he is averaging 17.9 points and 9.1 rebounds per game on 61% shooting

The blazers have moved Rasheed Wallace to SF which has opened the gap for Zach to start.He has all the tools to be a very good player and an allstar...I expect him to be a 20 and 10 player within a few years....Hell he could be this season...It is possible.

He is simple a beast..

Randolph is one of many good young players to look out for this season.

2. mcgrdmagic

mcgrdmagic JBB JustBBall Member

let's just wait and see what he does this year instead of going by his preseason stats.

3. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mcgrdmagic:</div><div class="quote_post">let's just wait and see what he does this year instead of going by his preseason stats.</div>

Yes but thats all we can go by right now.Seeing how the young players in this league do in pre-season is showing what they can do and hopfully continue it through the season....I have made a few threads on what young players to look out for this season...So thats why I mentioned Zach Randolph.

4. G-UNIT

G-UNIT JBB JustBBall Member

Zach is gonna be a finalist for Most Improved Player, he showed it last year when he got some PT. Its about time the blazers add some youth to their lineup

5. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

17 and 8 are what I least expect from ZR.

6. JGNYK

JGNYK JBB JustBBall Member

Yea guys check out the post I made about Zach Randolph before in the 13 Young players who could break out thread; I was the one who started saying he would be the most improved player...

7. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

I'm glad ZR is playing well, but I'm not too sure I like the move of putting Wallace at the 3. He already attempted the most 3 point shots last year and will attempt even more while playing the 3. He should take the ball down in the post where he is dominating IMO.

8. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Thought I would bring this thread back to the top..Considering how well Randolph has been playing to start the season

He is averaging 21 points 11 rebounds so far...He is still my pick for MIP

The last 5 games including pre-season Randolph has been the Blazers top scorer and rebounder..This guy has a great future...and is taking over as the Blazers best player ahead of Sheed...

9. wil4lif92

wil4lif92 JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting allnet:</div><div class="quote_post">I reckon he might well win most improved player award..now that I come to think about it.He has been very impressive as a starter in pre-season his last two pre-season games shows how much talent he has to be a 20 and 10 player

27 points 18 rebounds v Nuggets
    25 points 9 rebounds v the Suns last night

So far in pre-season he is averaging 17.9 points and 9.1 rebounds per game on 61% shooting

The blazers have moved Rasheed Wallace to SF which has opened the gap for Zach to start.He has all the tools to be a very good player and an allstar...I expect him to be a 20 and 10 player within a few years....Hell he could be this season...It is possible.

He is simple a beast..

Randolph is one of many good young players to look out for this season.</div>

I never thought that he could even have over 10 points and 10 boards. Cearly i'm suprised.

10. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

The weird thing is that he didn't even start for his college team. Just by that fact I didn't really think he had much of a chance to do a lot in the league but slowly he is starting to prove me wrong. He just has to keep it up, hopefully Portland won't start to limit his role anytime soon.

11. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

id bet on him to be MIP...as long as he can co-exist with Sheed

12. go_duke21

go_duke21 JBB JustBBall Member

I'm not really too suprised about his performance this year after what he did in the playoff's last year. Plus for the past couple months for every season preview everyone has been hyping him so it can't be that big of a suprise. Looks like I'm a genius for taking him in my fantasy draft.

13. grizzoistight

grizzoistight JBB JustBBall Member

How are the blazers so bad, when they have so much damn talent??
    If they can keep randolph outlaw and qyntel woods, those guys have the chance to be something special, esp. qyntel!!

14. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting go_duke21:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm not really too suprised about his performance this year after what he did in the playoff's last year. Plus for the past couple months for every season preview everyone has been hyping him so it can't be that big of a suprise. Looks like I'm a genius for taking him in my fantasy draft.</div>

hahaha...me too...i got him in one of my fantasy leagues...i got him in a trade before the season started...guess who i traded for him...Christian Laetner... [​IMG]

15. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

I thought he'd get MIP last year, but he didn't get the minutes to unfortunately (9 and 5 in 18 mpg is still good though). Anyone remember his summer league stats when he first came into the league? Averaged 35 and 15 and got no playing time in his first season.

I think he'll do 18 and 10 this year.

16. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Last year he showed enormous potential, but he was playing behind Sheed. This season the Blazers are giving as much playing time as possible, and so far he is delivering. This is his most important season so far.

17. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sunsfan1357:</div><div class="quote_post">The weird thing is that he didn't even start for his college team. Just by that fact I didn't really think he had much of a chance to do a lot in the league but slowly he is starting to prove me wrong. He just has to keep it up, hopefully Portland won't start to limit his role anytime soon.</div>What are you talking about? I had season tickets the year he started at Michigan State. It has him, Andre Hudson, and Adam Ballinger downlow.

I've been saying he'll have a breakout year every year. You can go back to January of 2002 and find me saying that. Hell, you can go back to the summer of 1999 and find me saying that. Maybe that's just because I am a homer though.

18. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

Are you positive? I may be thinking of either him or Gerald Wallce. I know someone who didn't start for their college team got drafted in the first round and was expected to do big things. I'm thinking they were from Michigan State but I can't remember that well.

19. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sunsfan1357:</div><div class="quote_post">Are you positive? I may be thinking of either him or Gerald Wallce. I know someone who didn't start for their college team got drafted in the first round and was expected to do big things. I'm thinking they were from Michigan State but I can't remember that well.</div>Maybe you are thinking of Jason Richardson who didn't start as a Freshman. I am sure that Z-Bo started in college.

Everyone knows what the Rocky Mountaine Review is, right? It's a summer league for guys who are relatively new to the league (rooks, 2nd year guys, etc.). Does anyone remember Zach Randolph winning the MVP award for that event then not getting any time whatsoever the following season. That really made me mad.

20. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Wave:</div><div class="quote_post">Maybe you are thinking of Jason Richardson who didn't start as a Freshman. I am sure that Z-Bo started in college.</div>

NO NO!! Randolph came off the bench in college, just like Magette(sp?) did for duke a few years back.