Zombie Zach Randolph

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by mike18946, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<------- Michigan State Fan For Life

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting notMuchgame:</div><div class="quote_post">NO NO!! Randolph came off the bench in college, just like Magette(sp?) did for duke a few years back.</div>You are wrong. I had season tickets man. I even followed them in the tournament that year. Randolph was a starter.

2. sunsfan1357

sunsfan1357 JBB JustBBall Member

I found a couple articles stating:

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo had a host of talented seniors last season and didn't even have room to put Randolph in the starting lineup. Zach averaged less than 20 minutes per game.

"Coach Izzo is hard on freshmen and he likes to bring them a long slowly," says Randolph. "There isn't anything wrong with that and I never complained, I just knew I could do the job and was ready for the next level. I wanted to come out early and prove myself."</div>

and

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"He wasn't a starter at Michigan State," said Barkley in a chat at blazers.com. "I don't know if coach Izzo held him back, but he wasn't scoring as much as he's doing now." </div>

The sources being: http://www.nba.com/blazers/news/Randolph_D...ough010919.html and http://www.nba.com/features/summerhoops_notebook_010726.html

Maybe he was an on and off starter during the year? It's not like it really matters, but it's bothering me trying to remember who it was.

Also yea I do remember that summer league. I thought he would really get some PT following his performances, but it didn't come out that way.

3. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

If he did start, he didn't play much from my recollection... Didn't he average like 13pts of less.

4. Voodoo Child

I am not doubting your sources, but Randolph started. He didn't start right off the bat, but by the end of the year he was starting. He averaged about eleven points and seven boards in about twenty minutes. Do those even look like bench stats? Who would have started over him anyway? Anagonye?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting sunsfan1357:</div><div class="quote_post">Maybe he was an on and off starter during the year? It's not like it really matters, but it's bothering me trying to remember who it was.
    </div>Bingo!

5. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

6. Kid Canada

Kid Canada JBB Banned Member

Wave your wrong. Those sources are right.

7. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kid Canada:</div><div class="quote_post">Wave your wrong. Those sources are right.</div>Kid Canada, as I stated earlier, both of us are right. My eyes are right, and the internet is right. Randolph started and benched. It was a nice combinations that went virtually unnoticed anywhere but on the stat sheet.

8. illslope

illslope JBB JustBBall Member

Zach makes Rasheed expendable

9. grizzoistight

grizzoistight JBB JustBBall Member

Zach and Rasheed together are a good combo. The teams losses have nothing to do with them. Wallace may be a nut, but the guard play has been suspect to say best!! I'm amazed at Randolph though. He only has one move, and always turns his left shoulder. NO ONE can stop it!

10. mattyc

mattyc JBB JustBBall Member

Randolph has impressed me as he's got more minutes due to Dale Davis ageing a bit. Very mobile for his size, can move with the ball and has a variety of post moves.

Big future.

11. STC

STC JBB JustBBall Member

nm.

12. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

Randolph again dominated tonight

29 points 9 rebounds on 12/22 shooting :thumbsup:

13. Voodoo Child

I am telling you, this kid will be an All-Star. Most people will not realize how good he is though untill All-Star break when they take a look at everyone's stats and see that he is averaging better than twenty points and ten rebounds a game.

14. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Hussle, heart, aggression, touch.

This kid as it all

15. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

He's always shown signs of this sort of breakout season, but hadn't had the chance before this year. An absolute beast

16. Voodoo Child

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sir Desmond:</div><div class="quote_post">He's always shown signs of this sort of breakout season, but hadn't had the chance before this year. An absolute beast</div>Indeed. I remember one night in Memphis he scored over thirty points and grabbed over twenty rebounds, but he was benched almost half the game for Wallace.

17. mattyc

mattyc JBB JustBBall Member

This kids a fantasy pimp as well as a damn fine player.

18. kobeonfire

kobeonfire JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting illslope:</div><div class="quote_post">Zach makes Rasheed expendable</div>

No he doesn't. The Blazers have a potent forward combo in their lineup with Wallace and Randolph, and they'll be able to exploit it against many teams, especially in the eastern conference. Wallace has an inside-outside game, while Randolph is primarily a post player. How does he make Wallace expendendable?

19. magicfrankie

magicfrankie JBB JustBBall Member

Wallace is not a pure SF, which could cause matchup problems defensively. If they can trade him for a good SF, they will think about it if Randolph keeps playing like this.

20. obie1124

obie1124 JBB JustBBall Member

Damn Meeeeeeeeeeeee!

I bought a pack of basketball cards last year where there were three autographed cards per box. I opened one up and got Zach Randolph! I didn't think he was going to be good and i thought nobody heard of him so I think I got rid of him! I got to try to look for it.

Anyways, this kid keeps surprising me. King James, was right, this kid has it all. He is one of the stars in the NBA's next generation.

I thought Vin Baker would win CPOY, but I may have to change my choice.