Zambrano's tirade could leave to waiving no trade clause?

Discussion in 'MLB General' started by Petey, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Petey

Petey Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer! Staff Member Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Carlos Zambrano bit the hand that feeds him Monday afternoon at Wrigley Field, ripping Cubs fans for booing him off the mound after another in a series of erratic outings. As he walked to the dugout after being removed in the fifth inning of an 11-3 loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers, Zambrano pointed to his head, nodded repeatedly and said, "I hear you." What was going on in Big Z's head? "I don't accept that the fans were booing at me," a seething Zambrano said afterward. "I can't understand that. You know, I thought these were the greatest fans in baseball. But they showed me today that they just care about them, and that's not fair, because when you're struggling, you want to feel the support of the fans. "No, I don't accept it. I just pointed to my head, and I will remember that because I don't want any bad outings. I know the great moments of my career will come." ... When Zambrano signed a $91.5 million deal last month, it was considerably below market value. He said he agreed to accept less money because he only wanted to stay in Chicago and play for the Cubs. But Zambrano's tirade may ultimately lead to a strained relationship that could cause him to waive his no-trade clause this off-season.-- Chicago Tribune</div></p>

Imagine if this guy signed in NY? Jeez.</p>

-Petey</p>

2. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Imagine the bounty it would take to pry Zambrano away from Chicago....

3. Petey

Petey Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer! Staff Member Administrator

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>Imagine the bounty it would take to pry Zambrano away from Chicago....</div></p>

If he keeps bashing the fans and being a distraction? Not as much as you may be implying (his latest run on the mound isn't gonna help either).</p>

But that wasn't my point... I was trying to imply he would be run out of NY already with the fans and media.</p>

-Petey </p>

</p>

4. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

I don't want him anymore.