Zeke Tells Steph, "Walk Like a Man"

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by Shapecity, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Zeke Tells Steph, "Walk Like a Man"

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">December 23, 2005 -- Stephon Marbury and Knicks president Isiah Thomas sat at a table under a basket, deep in conversation.
    During Wednesday night's embarrassing Garden loss to the Spurs, the hometown son of Coney Island was slammed with boos after he was obliterated by Tony Parker and taken out of the game with 3:11 left in the third quarter.

It's unclear whether the two were discussing remarks Thomas made over the weekend, in which he called Channing Frye, Eddy Curry and Larry Brown the team's "three pieces" to build around.

"I said, these are really tough times for him as a man and a basketball player," Thomas said. "This is a time when you really show the type of person you are and what you're made of. You've got a wife, kids, who are watching you, and they have to watch you handle a tough situation. Be manly about it."

Marbury, when asked about the conversation, said "no comment." Regarding the building-block remark, Thomas said Marbury was still part of the team's future, but added, "When Channing is 27 and Curry is 27 five years from now, I don't know where Stephon will be. I hope he's still playing basketball. I hope he's still playing for the Knicks." </div>

Source