Zimmer Tribute at Trapoicana Today

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by Yankeefan5545, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    Hosted by Dewayne Staats, who stated Zimmer wore the Rays Uniform for more years than any other organization with whom he was associated, Gave numbers and percentages of personnel whom Zimmer had coached and played relative to baseball total players and hall of famers. In giving the World Series and Playoff Totals it was glossed over that Zimmer had his most championship days with the Yankees merely that he was a member of Joe Torres Staff. There was a collage shown of Zimmer throughout his career with interjections of memories by Rays Players, with one by Giradrdi and Jeter. Then they showed one with James Shields who stated that he'd have liked to have been at Tropicana Today but he knew that Zimmer would tell him "Never mind, you have to pitch on Sunday, go out and beat those old Yankees. What an A-hole, everyone knows Zimmers best success coaching was when he was with the Yankees. I hope the Yankees give him a ceremony of their own.

I meant Tropicana damn computer can't spell.

2. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

I've no doubt that the Yankees will do something nice, and deservedly so.

3. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    It would be the right thing to do, for the Yanks to have a day for Zim....the Cubs too, and the Bosox, (tho I despise those bastages in Bean Town)...

I heard on the radio today a bit piece on the Trop Ceremony today, "Don didn't have a church, but the baseball stadiums he made his life, was HIS CHURCH...so its very fitting, and I bet that was one heckuva show, the Big Ball Player/Ump- in Heaven, and Zim himself, were smiling looking on....!

Thanks for sharing this with us Michael....!!

4. Yankeefan5545

Yankeefan5545 Well-Known Member

Retired
    Yep, that comment about the ballpark being his church was pretty much spot on. Used to go to Yankee ST Games in Kissimmee when they played the Stros, Zim stood out, loved that helmet liner with the Yankee logo.

5. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    Classic Moments and Memories....Priceless...!