Zo

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by Philly_Freak93, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

is it right that Alonzo Mouring got a kidney transplant just becasue hes a celeb.

theres over3000 people on the list, and he jumps on top. i think it was a family member that gave it, but still he was going to get it from just ordinary fans. he should be on the list and wait his turn, theres other people as important as he and wait so should he. if its a family member its ok, but if not thats really SAD

2. Send em back al

Send em back al nfl-*****s member

Zo can't go anywhere near the top if he doesn't match the donor. In addition, the more severe your illness, the closer to the top of the list you go, regardless of when you signed up. I you were on the list for one year and were fairly healthy and I signed up today with a month left to live... I'm at the top of the list and you slide down. If the first organ that comes through does not suit my needs, it might fall to you. It is plain wrong to assume that the rich get moved to the top of the list based on fame or money alone.

Beyond that, Zo is bringing attention to the need for donors. Anything that does that is a good thing. There are more people needing organs than there are people willing to hand them over.

3. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

In Zo's defense, he got his new kidney from a relative, and he issued a statement asking that all those who offered him a kidney, should still donate it, just to someone else that needs it....hes a pretty classy guy and I think he gets it....We wont get to see him play anymore ball, but I look forward to watching a long and successful broadcast career from him...

4. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

i didnt know it was priortiy first. but i knew that he turned down peoples(fans) organs but was still offered them just becasue hes a celebrity.