Zona/UVA

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by yankshater213, Nov 12, 2006.

1. yankshater213

yankshater213 BBW Elite Member

I just finished watching this game, and wow, for November, this game was amazing. UVA pulls the upset over Arizona (who is one of the teams I like for the final four). Singletary, who IMO is probably the top guard in the country, didn't have the best game but hit some big free throws down the end. But Diane played excellent, seemed as if everything was going down for him. As for Arizona, this loss doesn't change much in my eyes. They lost to a very underrated UVA team in an uncharacteristically loud arena for a November game. Budinger and Williams really impressed me. Budinger played extremely well and was even better than I thought he would be. Radenovic played well too. Mustafa Shakur was a let down though, he didn't play well at all and he will need to step if up if this team is going to make any kind of run in the tournament this year. As a whole, Arizona played well, but they just got beat by a good team, and as I said, I still believe they are a final four caliber team.

2. KCX

KCX BBW VIP

Yeah, I dont think this will happen very much. Arizona had a chance to tie the game, they just couldnt execute. They played kind of poorly in the 2nd half.

3. yankshater213

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KCX @ Nov 12 2006, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, I dont think this will happen very much. Arizona had a chance to tie the game, they just couldnt execute. They played kind of poorly in the 2nd half.</div>They had more than a chance to tie it. I thought it was an amazing look, especially for the situation. Granted he was close to NBA three range, he was open though.

4. Diawsome

Diawsome BBW Elite Member

This game must have been punishment for Arizona's upset win over California last night :no3:

5. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

I watched this game as well, and it was a good one. The intensity of the players and crowd was awesome. Great win for Virginia, they played their hearts out.

Shakur had a bad game. He fouled out, he couldn't hit a shot, and he was frutrated. Also, late in the game was it Shakur or McClellan that blew that fast break? Another guard was wide open on the break, ahead of the pack, and the ballhandler didn't feed him. I'm pretty sure that was Shakur, but either way it should have been 2 points.

EDIT: I also want to say that Ivan Radenovic had a good game. He hit everything, he hustled, he grabbed boards, and he even hit a huge 3 at the end. Props to Rad for the good night.

I agree with playaofthegame, Sean Singletary is arguably the best PG in the country, and he came up big at the line last night. He struggled with his shot, but he made them count at the charity stripe, and he hit the big ones at the end.

I love college basketball, I'm so happy it's here too!

6. Diawsome

Diawsome BBW Elite Member

The good news is last time Arizona lost @ Virginia they ended up in the Elite 8 :happy0144: and would have made the Final 4 had Illinois not been given a home game in that tournament :thumbdn1:

7. yankshater213

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Nov 13 2006, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I agree with playaofthegame, Sean Singletary is arguably the best PG in the country, and he came up big at the line last night. He struggled with his shot, but he made them count at the charity stripe, and he hit the big ones at the end.</div>you mean me :ranting:

8. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KCX @ Nov 12 2006, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yeah, I dont think this will happen very much. Arizona had a chance to tie the game, they just couldnt execute. They played kind of poorly in the 2nd half.</div> :lmao-1: You guys suck. :)ASU pwns joo. :shifty2: Well not in basketball but still this was great to hear.But hey, ASU women basketball(3-0) and before you say anything...I hear UA fans bragging about women's softball of all things...so shut up.