Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by DajuanWagner#2, Feb 20, 2004.

1. KarmaCav

KarmaCav JBB JustBBall Member

Cant remember that last game where Diop changed a shot for a win! However it was a great defensive play. But the problem is, he stuffed up a couple of plays at the other end, which left us in danger. He is on the up, and I appreciate that he gets put in instead of Z at times, as Z has some D problems at times. I just get frustrated by the fact his complete lack of O, negates his solid D!

And my Z picture is up!!!

Thanks again Mr_Infante and KJ for your help!

2. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

I never miss Cavs games, I would know [​IMG]

3. redscoon

redscoon JBB JustBBall Member

Pretty sure he got a hand in the face of Billups the last time we played the Pistons as the buzzer was going off. I seem to recall another one also, but I can't recall what team it was against.

4. jbbKing James

^ Thanks scoon.

Yes I remember the Piston one not too long ago, but he got another one for us earlier in the season, forced someone to shoot a very high rainbow shot that stood no chance of going in.

5. KarmaCav

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting King James:</div><div class="quote_post">^ Thanks scoon.

Yes I remember the Piston one not too long ago, but he got another one for us earlier in the season, forced someone to shoot a very high rainbow shot that stood no chance of going in.</div>

Maybe we should play him just in the last possession for the opposition!

That way the only reason he touches the ball is to block it!!! :thumbsup:

6. redscoon

redscoon JBB JustBBall Member

Diop has surprisingly developed a decent touch on his shot. However the ice water veins he has developed is alarming. The worst thing that can happen to the Cavs is for Newble and Diop to make their fist shots. They become Darius Miles and think that they are Reggie Miller the rest of the game.

7. KarmaCav

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting redscoon:</div><div class="quote_post">Diop has surprisingly developed a decent touch on his shot. However the ice water veins he has developed is alarming. The worst thing that can happen to the Cavs is for Newble and Diop to make their fist shots. They become Darius Miles and think that they are Reggie Miller the rest of the game.</div>

Thats it!!!

We dont want Diop to look for his shots. Just shoot the open ones that present themselves. That jumper he is starting to fin at around 17 feet is nice. But I think its time he develops a game in the post! If not he is a very poor mans Ben Wallace in offense! [​IMG]

8. KarmaCav

Nice little Z article!

NEW YORK - They came to see the kid and left talking about the giant.

Madison Square Garden was abuzz in LeBron James fever Sunday. You had to look no farther than the four-story billboard bearing his likeness a block away from the arena.

As has been James' calling card for years now, he didn't disappoint. But he wasn't the headliner. That role belonged to teammate Zydrunas Ilgauskas. The 7-foot-3 Lithuanian stole the show with his best game of the season in leading the Cavaliers to a pivotal 92-86 victory over the Knicks.

James' numbers were solid, scoring 22 points with five rebounds and three assists. But he didn't have any breakaway dunks or headlong drives to the basket. It was bad for the highlight shows, but exactly what the Cavaliers (22-34) needed on this day. Not that James didn't enjoy his first trip in the world's most famous arena.

continued on thread below:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=knig...night&type=lgns

9. mustafa_shakur

mustafa_shakur JBB JustBBall Member

Z is greater than Magloire

How did Jamaal make the all-star team over Z? Z showed tonight that he is clearly a better center than Magloire. Evertime Magloire tried to counter something Z did he just about always failed. Magloire looked confused and overwelmed. IMO, he's no all-star.

10. jbbKing James

Try to stay on topic with the current threads bro.

KJ

(Thanks for the post)

11. Yes!AndTheFoul!

Yes!AndTheFoul! JBB JustBBall Member

This is for you Karma. I will now keep my mouth shut about Z. I give him credit. I still think he gets frustrated way too fast, and does force the issue. But I can't complain too much about his play recently. I give you credit for having faith and sticking to your guns though.

I still think we should be looking for a center though for the future. I'm not totally sold on Diop. Although he has improved from last year. I don't think he's the long term answer. This team is ready to explode in the next year or so, and I don't know if Z & Diop will be around for that.

12. MikeS

MikeS JBB JustBBall Member

Salary Cap Question?

This is a scenario I've been thinking about. You guys will probably think this is a dumb idea, but I'm gonna ask it anyway.

I think we should keep Z and let his contract expire. IF we let his contract expire, could we try to sign someone like Ray Allen or TMac and then resign Z after we sign them? Is this even possible?

How much do you guys think Z will resign for? 4 Years @ 24 Million! I hope he gives Gund a discount!

13. KarmaCav

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">This is for you Karma. I will now keep my mouth shut about Z. I give him credit</div>

Thanks Y.A.T.F. (yes ans the foul )

Z struggled early on in this season as he was an afterthought!

But since the trades, we have better perimeter D, which means he can occasionally only have to worry about his own man. A point guard, which means he gets fed when he gets position, and now feels safe since the trade deadline!

As for our future scorer here's my take!

Our main scorer James. You would like to think his scoring will increase with time! 24ppg next year.
    Other scorers :
    Z 16-17ppg
    Boozer 15-16ppg
    Wagner 10ppg

What we need to find is a shooter.

Stephon Jackson can be that guy. Capable of 15-18ppg and from range.
    Good defender, works well with big bodies(Duncan), good interior passer and ball handler.

With James's development as a scorer, and with Z and Booz,we do not need another dominant scorer. We just need a consistent wingman with range.

14. KarmaCav

Z will definately sign for less!!!

Will it be low enough for us????

I just hope he still is with us that long, as the rumours suggest otherwise.

I dont think we need another superstar, we need a consistent shooter on the wing (Stephon Jackson)

15. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

How about this idea. Trade Z during the off season. Then sign him back after his contract expires.

16. Yes!AndTheFoul!

Yes!AndTheFoul! JBB JustBBall Member

When the Cavs move the ball around like they did tonight, they are a dangerous team. It's just a matter of having confidence that your shot will go down. And it helps when you get open looks. I hate it when they stand around trying to force feed Z or Booz the ball. Work the ball around and let the game come to them.

As far as the shooter goes. I watched Kapono a little when he played at UCLA. He's a shooter. I know tonight was just 1 game. But he does deserve some PT. He's not any worse on the defensive end than anyone else we send out there. Especially Newble.

17. jbbKing James

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Mr_Infante:</div><div class="quote_post">How about this idea. Trade Z during the off season. Then sign him back after his contract expires.</div>

LMAO, classic.

Z does not want to leave here, and with his played the last few weeks, I doubt that we will trade/let him go either.

<font color="Red">Moved by KJ</font>

18. nextCAVSowner

nextCAVSowner JBB JustBBall Member

this is my last post. i say keep z. there is no need of trading him. he is very valuable to the cavs. he signed a long and big ass contract. but right now he is helping us get to the playoffs. there is no one in the east that can match up with him in the east. and in the west there is maybe 2 centers that can match up wit hi. 7'3 athletic centers ae are to come by and he has shown that he can play defense if he tries. lookwhat he did on duncan. yes he gets his 2 traveling calls a game, and he can be clumsy. but keep him then if he is good when his contract expires than, sign him to a much lower contract, but i think 7 has about 5 good years left in him. i will admit i wanted to trade him. but silas has really got in his head and he is playing at a much higher level now. he need the big fella, we we it to him, and he owes it to us. its been good everyone go cavs!

19. tankster

tankster JBB JustBBall Member

Z or no Z

No one in possession of his faculties could ever make the decision to move llgauskas unless he had in place a plan to replace him with a quality big man. And the supply of those critters is limited to say the least!!......

Unless we could retain a sneak thief, and steal that guy, much in the manner Indiana did when the Blazers let ONeal slip away, the prospects are dim. Detroit is working hard to get in a position of resigning Okur. And the prospect of a front line of Wallace , Okur and Milicic is a fearsome thing. Yet, Milicic "IS" out there. He's reportedly not too happy not getting any minutes. Detroit should be so stupid...........Still??

In my mind Z is exceedingly grateful to the cavs for the patience they showed him when he was injured and nothing but a liability. I'm sure he thinks he can be productive for a few more years before calling it quits. He's not hurting for money as we speak, so chances are he's be willing to sign at the MLE, in order to finish his career as a Cav.

Bottom line!!............It would suprise me if Z went anywhere......anytime soon............Tank

20. DajuanWagner#2

DajuanWagner#2 JBB JustBBall Member

He started his career as a Cav, he'll end and die like a Cav if it's up to him. Zydrunas don't want to go from Cavs, he wants to stay as I have heard, but it's not for sure that Cavs will keep him for ever either.
    I think they might trade him if the get a better center in return, but if the don't get a center, then they will never trade him.