Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by DajuanWagner#2, Feb 20, 2004.

1. KarmaCav

KarmaCav JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DajuanWagner#2:</div><div class="quote_post">He started his career as a Cav, he'll end and die like a Cav if it's up to him. Zydrunas don't want to go from Cavs, he wants to stay as I have heard, but it's not for sure that Cavs will keep him for ever either.
    I think they might trade him if the get a better center in return, but if the don't get a center, then they will never trade him.</div>

Who are the better centers they could get in return???

Shaq??

Yao??

I dont think so!

Keep this unique asset of ours.

2. mustafa_shakur

mustafa_shakur JBB JustBBall Member

I love Z with the cavs, and I think Z really likes the cavs.

Match made in heaven.

3. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Z has a big game tomorrow againt Yao.

Let's keep things on topic people, thanks.

If youw ant to talk tos omeone, please IM/PM them.

4. mustafa_shakur

The dictatorship we have come to know as forums.

5. KarmaCav

Post on Mustafa!!!!

I cant believe they still rate Magloire at 5 and Z at 6 as the NBA's best center. Surely the New Orleans game showed the gap between them!

6. mustafa_shakur

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting KarmaCav:</div><div class="quote_post">Post on Mustafa!!!!

I cant believe they still rate Magloire at 5 and Z at 6 as the NBA's best center. Surely the New Orleans game showed the gap between them!</div>

Z is far superior to Magloire, even good ol' Walton last night said Z was in the top five. Z has more passion, size, and not to mention a great long jumper.

7. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

The only problem with Z is he's kinda slow. He's like Todd Mccullough times 2.

But don't get me wrong. I love the big guy. [​IMG]

8. mustafa_shakur

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting InNETSweTrust:</div><div class="quote_post">The only problem with Z is he's kinda slow. He's like Todd Mccullough times 2.

But don't get me wrong. I love the big guy. [​IMG]</div>

Atleast to me he seems to be have the hustle up as of late. He's been kind of galloping down the court, actually beating people down court now and then. Atleast he's not Vlade.

9. KarmaCav

Z has lost that lateral quickness he had before his string of injuries. For a guy 7'3 he was very quick footed. Damn he would of been our franchise.

Anyway, he is rather quick for his size up and down the floor. Its more the turning and changing direction after defending picks that he struggles.

Its kinda funny that Z has hit 66.6% of his 3 point attempts. 2 of 3

While Kapono hits at 52%, McInnis 41%, Wags 37% and Brown 36%!

10. thajuiceman

thajuiceman JBB JustBBall Member

I know a lot of people don't like Bill Walton, but during the Houston game he asked Sean Elliott where he though Z lined up in the heirarchy of NBA centers, and he said the top 5. Bill concurred, holeheartedly! So do I! Thank god we didn't trade him.

11. DajuanWagner#2

DajuanWagner#2 JBB JustBBall Member

Ilgauskas makes statement by standing up for himself

Ilgauskas makes statement by standing up for himself

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Yao Ming doesn't speak Lithuanian. Zydrunas Ilgauskas doesn't speak Chinese.

There was no time for a clear translation into broken English, either.
    When Yao of the Rockets gave Ilgauskas a shot to the head, inadvertently or not, in the second half Wednesday night in Houston, Ilgauskas retorted with a hearty shove.

It earned him a technical foul, by far not his first nor likely to be his last. It was probably a little uncalled for, given Yao's reputation for avoiding such action, but it was another statement.

Ilgauskas is in the statement business these days. He has taken an emotional beating this season, from the nonstop trade rumors to spats with his coach to challenges of his manhood.

Like that shove to Yao and the on-court fight last month with Greg Ostertag of the Utah Jazz, Ilgauskas is sending a message with his actions that he's not taking it anymore.</div>

Full story

*thanx to mustafa for this one:)*

12. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting KarmaCav:</div><div class="quote_post">Z has lost that lateral quickness he had before his string of injuries. For a guy 7'3 he was very quick footed. Damn he would of been our franchise.</div>

Well he's almost made out of metal so what do we expect? Hehehe.

Looks like his benching during 4th quarters made him work harder.

13. Glen Infante

Glen Infante JBB Trend Setter

I love the fact that Z is getting mad, and pushy under the hoop. That shows that he indeed is competitive and everyone one is wrong about him. Keep it up Z! Let them know your not a b--ch.

14. KarmaCav

My main man has really stepped up his game this past couple of months. Its amazing what a player can do when his coach finally shows him some trust and offensive plays. He shouldn't be trade bait. We can find that free agent small forward we crave without losing our only real post presense.

15. KarmaCav

The Z Bandwagon

I've been keeping the seats warm for quite some time now!!!

Mighty Fine Article on my Main Man

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Tougher Ilgauskas emerges

03/07/04

The title of Best Center in the East is like naming the most socially relevant episode of the "Jerry Springer Show."

Zydrunas Ilgauskas deserves higher praise than that for his work over the past few months. The difference between the Cavaliers and the other playoff bottom-feeders isn't only the unbridled creativity of LeBron James. No other contender - a term as distorted in the East as what you'll find in a fun-house mirror - can claim the conference's best all-around big man.

"In fact, not too many centers in the league are playing better than him," coach Paul Silas said on a night when Ilgauskas' 29 points and five blocked shots led the Cavaliers over Milwaukee, 106-97.

To have showered Ilgauskas with that kind of talk in December would have required greater imagination than anything J.R.R. Tolkien has put on paper. But now he's the No. 1 validation of the Cavaliers as a serious playoff threat. The postseason becomes a half-court push-and-shove and Ilgauskas has seemed willing to fight for position ever since his night of sparring with Greg Ostertag in Utah
    </div>
    continued....

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindeale...55645289510.xml

16. mustafa_shakur

That night against Greg Ostertag does seem to be when this sudden urge of real toughness has taken over Z.

Keep it going big fella!

17. jbbKing James

I am thrileld over the new (old) Z. He is being aggressive, playing smart, and seems to have added some more range to his shot.

Never thought I would have said this earier in the season, but I'm glad we did not trade him.

18. KarmaCav

I'm just thrilled not to have to defend him all the time! Everyone wanted his blood, but I knew what he had in him! Good to see him playing to his potential and destroying teams.

19. KarmaCav

Olympic Recall For Z

Article on the possibilty of Z playing in Greece. Better not get hurt.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Ilgauskas could earn Olympic recall for Lithuania

March 9, 2004
    ATLANTA (Ticker) - Lithuania had to qualify for the Olympics without Zydrunas Ilgauskas but may not have to play without him.

Lithuania's basketball federation said Tuesday it has been in contact with Ilgauskas and the Cleveland Cavaliers about the 7-3 center's potential participation in the 2004 Games in Athens, Greece in August.

"We are talking about that, but today we can't give a definite answer," Lithuania national team officer Algis Pavilonis said. "A lot of factors are important, the club with his contract situation - a lot of clubs aren't very positive about losing players because of the possibility of injuries. But we are talking to him."
    </div>
    continued
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ilga...ov=st&type=lgns

Doesn't matter anyhow, my Aussies have gold for sure.

20. jbbKing James

No, I don't like this for Z.

Please get your rest, enjoy your off season, he can't mess this up again bu putting too much strain on those feet.

I reject that 100%