Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by DajuanWagner#2, Feb 20, 2004.

1. KarmaCav

KarmaCav JBB JustBBall Member

But KJ, you must see he may finally want to play for his country. They too have suffered through these injuries. Personally I'd rather him rest to, but we must understand. I know Australia used to suffer because Longley (dont laugh) would stay to rest up for Chicago. Now we were thin in the middle and it hurt my Aussies chances. Thats my view anyhow.

2. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

Well that is the American way of looking at the games though, I mean to the rest of the world, the olympics are the top of the mountain, but to NBA players, many don't want to take that risk of getting hurt and losing money.

The NBA is the big time.

3. KarmaCav

I understand your way of thinking! But there is nothing better then chopping down that tall poppy called USA. Sorry if that offends.

I took a little bit of joy at that last world champs.

As a Cavalier fan I'd like Z to rest.

As a basketball fan, I'd like to see Z play.

As a non-American, I want to see you guys lose again (sorry again)

Go the Australian Boomers!!!

4. tankster

tankster JBB JustBBall Member

The first list of teams/players protected and unprotected is out on Chad Ford's ESPN Insider segment. Just the way he thinks of course, but he has Z left Unprotected!!..........Thoughts??

Tank...................................

5. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

I took a risk in our Yahoo league. I had Sheed and I traded him for Z because I have faith in the big guy and I badly needed a C. It's working wonders for me. [​IMG]

6. KarmaCav

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting tankster:</div><div class="quote_post">The first list of teams/players protected and unprotected is out on Chad Ford's ESPN Insider segment. Just the way he thinks of course, but he has Z left Unprotected!!..........Thoughts??

Tank...................................</div>

Chad Ford = idiot.

You just dont take the risk of losing Z.

7. redscoon

redscoon JBB JustBBall Member

The Bobcats have stated numerous times that they don't want big salaries, so some may think that they wouldn't take Zs big final year. Of course, there is nothing stopping them from selecting him, then trading him off for a bunch of younger players.

At first, I was all for getting Z out of here, but he's showed me over the last couple of months that he is working hard at the defensive end and that he is willing to make sacrifices on the offensive if need be to benefit the team.

I woudn't mind hanging on to him and trying to resign him for a few more years at much more reasonable cost.

8. tankster

tankster JBB JustBBall Member

Maybe leaving Z unprotected is not as idiotic (as you put it), or as risky as it sounds. There is a lot of subterfuge and deceipt connected with the expansion draft.

It's common for teams to leave players with large salaries unprotected. As Redscoon has said, the Bobcats have said numerous times they don't want to take on big salaries.

But aside from that, there are all mannerisms of foreplay involved in the process. It's common to offer future draft picks, cash, trades or most anything to entice an expansion franchise into taking or not taking a particular player.

I would certainly not be an advocate getting rid of Z, but this expansion draft cat and mouse game must be played to our best advantage. And leaving him unprotected might pay dividends by being able to retain another player who might be more at risk...

Just the way I see it..............Tank