Bogus! Chris Mannix: Chauncey gone

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by MickZagger, May 8, 2024.

1. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

LOL...yeah right. You do know I wasn't just talking age, right?

those Minny players you mentioned have combinded for 10 all-star games, 6 all-NBA selections, and 4 DPOY selections. And Anthony Edwards is ascending to a top-10 level. Minny is squeezing a hell of a lot more talent thru the window than Portland would be so any comparisons trying to justify Portland standing pat are loopy. Minny is a contender for the NBA finals now. The Blazers probably won't even contend for HCA in the play-in for years. There's justification for Conley and Gobert on a contender. There's no justification for Grant and Brogdon on a bottom 5-7 team

Phatguysrule likes this.
  2. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Where have the Jazz/Wolves trade haters gone? They were so clearly sure that the Jazz won that thing….and told us daily.

3. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

The only player on this roster that is still questionable is Brogdon, since he plays the same position as Scoot/Sharpe. They tried trading him at the deadline and couldn't find a deal they liked, but then sat him for the second half anyways so Scoot could play 35MPG. Grant isn't blocking the development of any prospects. How good did Kris Murray look starting the second half of the season? Would it have been more helpful for him to play 30+ mpg the whole season? I don't know, but probably not marginally better. I don't really see a problem with either right now.

Truthfully, until Portland has a player that shows all-star or all-nba potential, there is no comparison to any other team that makes sense. Scoot and Sharpe have the best shot, although I wouldn't bet on either. The team tried to put them in position this season. Sharpe was playing 40MPG for a stretch and the second half of the season was almost all Scoot development. It's unfortunate both were injured for much of the season.

BIG Q and Pinwheel1 like this.
  4. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

No, I did not know that. So when you beat the dead horse about the "Blazers having an addiction to straddling fences....age has nothing to do with it?
    My bad, I got you confused with the other dead horse beaters that do have a problem with it.

5. BIG Q

BIG Q Well-Known Member

I actually think he is. But the coach could remedy it without Cronin having to trade him, though I feel his contract is ridiculous on a rebuilding team. Grant is hoisting 20+ shots per game, or around that. Those are shots the young players need. Especially at the end of games. At the end of games I would much rather have the ball in the hands of Scoot or Sharpe trying to win the game. And hopefully Portland drafts another one or two players soon to add to the list. But their was talk that Sharpe would not take over at the end of games like CB wanted him to. Maybe if Grant wasn't in the game demanding the ball Sharpe would feel more at ease to call his own number. These young guys are taught to defer to the vets from the moment they are drafted. Of course Sharpe and Scoot are going to defer when Grant, Ant and Brogdon are in the game.

blazerkor likes this.
  6. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

Scoot hoisted plenty of shots, and missed plenty. Shaedon was given the opportunity to be ball dominant. He chose not to be.

Truthfully, we're splitting hairs with the interpretation. I don't think any of our player's development was hindered by the roster this season. If anything it was just injuries.

BIG Q likes this.
  7. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

Grant isn't going to be a part of any playoff team in Portland. Better to deal him for a pick.

BIG Q and blazerkor like this.
  8. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

where was it I said "age had nothing to do with it"?

you just quoted me as saying "You do know I wasn't just talking age, right?"

age is a factor; fit is a factor; mostly, talent is a factor. They all matter. Minny's roster makes a lot of sense because of their level of talent and where their trajectory is. Portland's roster is a low-talent mess and a big reason is because they can't chose a way forward and are investing significant cap & usage in 3rd-option-non-all-star talent

BIG Q likes this.
  9. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    Oh I know. People said the Wolves GM was an absolute asshole after that trade went down.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  10. Whyachi

Whyachi Well-Known Member

you don't understand. Blazer fans must bash on other teams, to deflect criticism about their own squad.

Dumbest trade in history. 6 first round picks for a Center that can't shoot? Edwards is a stat padder. Towns has the worse contract in NBA. Naz Reid is overrated. NAW got the pink slip in Portland, what a bust. Minnesota squandered their entire future just to become First Round fodder.

....fast forward to this season
    >> Minnesota is fantastic! The Blazers should rebuild like the T-wolves!!

11. LayneStaley

LayneStaley Well-Known Member

Badass
    I doubt it would work but I think it would be awesome if Roy was coach and successful.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  12. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

It's interesting that the Blazers or Billups aren't dispelling this.

UKRAINEFAN likes this.
  13. Whyachi

it might be a Klutch sports thing. "We gotta extend Chauncey before somebody lures him away !!"

Last edited: May 10, 2024
    Phatguysrule and Chris Craig like this.
  14. Ripcity4life77

Ripcity4life77 Well-Known Member

My bold prediction is by this time next week either Billups will be gone or his option will be picked up on the 5th year of his deal -- I am hoping he is gone.

I like Billups the player and wanted so much for him to work out but for a HoF player he kind of sucks at the X and O's side of things and since he was a PG that kind of surprises me.

Chris Craig likes this.
  15. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Billups will probably return as the Blazers head coach next season. The Suns look like they will be hiring Budenholzer. Not sure why they didn't just hire him after during Monty. Hiring Vogel was stupid.

It would be funny if the Lakers hire Chauncey.

16. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

Was Bud already fired from Milwaukee when Vogel got hired? Not sure what happened first.

17. CJ_is_Gone

CJ_is_Gone Well-Known Member

Bud interviewed in PHX before Vogel was hired.

My guess was Bud was the first option, but Bud declined because of his family issues and the fact that he was still being paid by the Bucks.
    When Vogel bombed - they circled back to Bud

Chris Craig and kjironman1 like this.
  18. Chris Craig

Yes

19. Chris Craig

Is he gone yet?

20. Whyachi

heck no, Coach was at the draft. He's excited to help the young Blazers lose early and often and often until this exact same time next year.

Wizard Mentor and Chris Craig like this.