Isiah acquires Rose, Taylor and 2 1st round picks

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by 02civic, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Either you're bad at English, or everyone else is. From "I still consider Camby better than Walker, Peja and Z.", my understanding is that you still think Camby is a better player than those three, while you insist you meant that he was a better draft pick.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    So, Ilguaksas rebounds (not as well), and doesn't play good defense. His offense is better than Camby. Z is a role player too. I wouldn't consider him a star. He is just a role player with James obviously being the star on his team. What makes Z so much better? What makes him so much better?
    </div>Ilgauskas rebounds less because of Drew Gooden's presence in the frontcourt, and Lebron is also a great rebounder for his size. I didn't say Z was a star, but star and role player aren't the only two types of players that are in the NBA. Z is more of the Matt Harpring, Shawn Marion class. A jack of all trades but master of none. What makes Camby so much better? Besides shotblocking, and little edges in rebounding and defense, Camby is not better than Z. Hustle won't matter much, because no seven-footer hustles anyways. Meanwhile, Z has much better offensive skills, and also is much less injury-prone than Camby.

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

The thread is getting off-topic. Let's get back on track and move away from the fighting. Otherwise it's getting closed.

3. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">How the hell do you know what I watch him? I do watch him, and why are you the only one on his meat about his defense? I've seen him play defense it has improved, but it's nothing great...that's my evaluation.</div>

Obviously we all know he isn't anything great, but if you watch him play you can see that he's a better than decent defender.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I believe we were talking about the draft which is in the past, son. </div>

LOL...Past? wtf are you even talking about? We aren't talking about how Peja was a better option than Camby back in 1996, because he wasn't. I'm talking about your current statements on how you still think Camby is better than Peja.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Camby is a power forward or a center. Camby is/was not a bad player like some of you imply. Maybe he might not have had the career others had, but he turned out to be a good player. The fact of the matter is whether you think Isiah scrwed up or not, this one incident can not take away what he has done.</div>

I can't really respond to that cuz there's nothing to respond to.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">But Z gives you more +/-? What is his +/- stat please show me a link. Z plays better defense? Since some of you guys like stats so much
    ZI: 29.0mpg 14.8ppg 7.7rpg 1.2apg 0.56spg 1.87bpg 2.1TO
    MC: 29.1mpg 10.7ppg 8.5rpg 1.9apg 0.96spg 2.31bpg 1.4TO
    What is so much better about Z which sky rockets him over Camby? I just don't see.</div>

Did I bleeping say Z plays better defense?

Lets see. Zydrunas is much better offensively than Camby, and is a more efficient scorer. And yea, that seems about right. Z can score at will when you feed him the ball Camby can't. He'll get a few plays ran for him here and there, but for the most part he's a guy that gets his points of tip ins and putbacks. Check 82 games, it has stats from the past coupe of years, but you won't get much there. My NBA official stat books have stats from a few years ago and the late 90's, so that's one of my sources.

Lets just put it this way, Zydrunas's Defense and Camby's lack of offense cancel out eachother. Leaving Z's O, and Cambys D, where in that case...Z's offense is much better than Cambys defense.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">First of all, I think Kurt Thomas is a great rebounder, second of all who said I was quoting you? So before you accuse me of anything why don't you get your facts staright!! [​IMG]</div>

lol are their any facts here? Don't try to deny kid. I said that I said "Kurt Thomas isn't that great of a rebounder", and then you go off looking for my posts in the old Raptors thread where I said, to actually see if my quote was right.

BTW, even though I know you were reffering to me...What poster in your mind are you reffering to now? I can understand if you don't wanna give anynames (cuz Banks is the name).

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I think this comment in which I owned you in wins</div>

This is too funny...Explain how you owned me with a comment I made?

You(mrj18), said this:

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">Sorry, that award was taken by the same person who said and I quote, "Isiah isn?t a good drafter", and the person who said Kurt Thomas isn?t a good rebounder. </div>

Pretty obvious that everyone knows you're reffering to me, wheter you like to admit or not. I gave you my exact quote. I told you that you were twisting my words, and you were, as I did not say that. And now I'm suddenly owned? Wow? Give a direct quote and source next time you decide to post bs like that.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">First off, I never said I was quoting you, kid. You are wrong, while I am tempted to flame with you, I'm going to be the mature one and leave it at that.</div>

Oh tough guy...I'm a kid.

Honestly...I'm really really curious to know who you were reffering to. Just please give me a name and direct quote that says that. I know you were searching that old Raptors thread for a while to see if my quote was right or not. Go ahead flame me (if you can), I don't mind.

4. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Trip:</div><div class="quote_post">Either you're bad at English, or everyone else is. From "I still consider Camby better than Walker, Peja and Z.", my understanding is that you still think Camby is a better player than those three, while you insist you meant that he was a better draft pick.</div>
    Yeah I said excuse me, I meant a better pick.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Ilgauskas rebounds less because of Drew Gooden's presence in the frontcourt, and Lebron is also a great rebounder for his size. I didn't say Z was a star, but star and role player aren't the only two types of players that are in the NBA. Z is more of the Matt Harpring, Shawn Marion class. A jack of all trades but master of none. What makes Camby so much better? Besides shotblocking, and little edges in rebounding and defense, Camby is not better than Z. Hustle won't matter much, because no seven-footer hustles anyways. Meanwhile, Z has much better offensive skills, and also is much less injury-prone than Camby.</div>
    Those are career stats, not just this year. I consider Shawn Marion a star. I don't consider Z a star. Camby hustles, blocks/alters shots, gives second thoughts to players taking it inside. Little edge in defense? Z is not that good of a defender while Camby is a good defender. He can run the floor well while handling the ball, and players his size usually don't run the floor the way he does. Whether 7 footers hustle or not doesn't matter. Camby hustles. He also plays with a lot of heart. Z has better offensive skills, Camby has better defensive skills. Both of them have had injury problems, but obviously Camby takes the cake. I would take Camby over Z anytime but that's just me. Choosing Camby over Z wouldn't make a huge differnce would it? I don't see why Isiah missed out because he didn't select Z.

5. JWohl

JWohl JBB Lovin the BCS

trades

Once again Im going to express my displeasure at the knicks recent trades. Just replace Im going to express with Im going to allow bill simmons (espn.com) to express my displeasure for me. <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">KNICKS GET TWO MORE UNDERSIZED POWER FORWARDS </div> <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">1. When Isiah called the Spurs and said, "We'll give you Nazr Mohammed, you give us Malik Rose and a crap No. 1, and we don't care about the $20 million difference in salaries," do you think Gregg Popovich said, "Lemme call you right back," then pretended he was deliberating about it for 30 secondsw before speed-dialing Isiah back? Was there laughter in the Spurs offices? High-fiving? Was Popovich the guy who called Isiah under the "Maybe Isiah will be dumb enough to give us a center" premise? How did this go down?</div>