|Øfficial| Straight outta Bòsnia

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Fez Hammersticks, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

The only way I can see a problem with his motivation is if he doesn't play. These young guys want the opportunity or they miss out on a big pay day. If someone beats him out for playing time then that means we landed a pretty damn good center. The guy who beat him out the last time....

JOKIC RIDING TRIPLE-DOUBLE HOT STREAK
    Wednesday marked Nikola Jokic's second consecutive triple-double and fourth since the start of February. He had none prior to then.

2. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

I like big Nurks, I can not lie.

The other NBA centers ain't got that size.

riverman likes this.
  3. SIeepwalker

SIeepwalker The lone sane poster

This guy is awesome

4. Reep

Reep Well-Known Member

I don't see Nurkic turning. He just wanted to play and show what he could do. I can't see anyone supplanting him now as starting center. And I don't think he is playing well out of anger. He is playing well because he seems to really like the game and has found a team that fits his skill set. What's not to like?

His vision is really amazing for a guy his age. Does he have the best vision on the team? I know he turns it over a bit, but most of his passes are right on the money. He's doesn't throw the creepy no look behind the head passes Sabas used to do. He's more deliberate. Constantly watching and then zipping it in at the right time. I will be curious to see how that develops. For just a hand full of games it is truly amazing.

Quickness: quick feet we had heard, but also quick hands and reflexes in general.

Eastoff, riverman, blue9 and 3 others like this.
  5. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

If he does that, this city will build a statue for him

6. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Then don't.

7. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    I've been ready to trade Plumlee for a center upgrade since last year's playoffs. This is a move that needed to be made. Nurkic is the truth. He's our second most valuable player. Cornerstone. I love this guy.

Eastoff, Jade Falcon, dviss1 and 4 others like this.
  8. BBert

Selfless Public Servant
    PB&J FTW

BLAZINGGIANTS likes this.
  9. Trackjack

Trackjack Well-Known Member

All big Nurk wants to do is play basketball and in Denver he didn't get that opportunity due to Malone wanted play a different style game. But that alright due we got him here now to play for the Blazers. We can be really good running team now due some them out pass he did in 1st half was great.

BBert likes this.
  10. BBert

Selfless Public Servant
    Fair point.

11. Trackjack

Trackjack Well-Known Member

We always need a third scorer and I believe we got one now in Nurk. Now this off season we to get a PF and strengthen our bench.

12. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

Then don't understand the overall point, FAMS. :smiley-195517897341

13. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Lowest dribble I've seen from a Blazer big in a long time...maybe ever...very unusual for a young big man

14. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

That makes it official. Hey, @BigGameDamian Jusuf Nurkic is officially untouchable!

BNM

Eastoff, dviss1, BBert and 3 others like this.
  15. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

One thing that I like about Nurk is his ability to play like an old-school guard - in the sense that he will go for a layup when he sees that there is no point in going high. This makes guarding him in the lane pretty hard for many bigs. He is going to be a very interesting player to watch as time goes on.

riverman likes this.
  16. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

#needlemoved

PDXFonz and riverman like this.
  17. Blazers Roy

Blazers Roy Well-Known Member

Nurkic is ruining everything, we had that top 3 pick locked down!

BBert likes this.
  18. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Serious question: if we go on a tear, make the playoffs and end up facing GSW - assuming we're healthy and they're not (no Durant), do we have a chance at an upset?

GSW has looked very, very ordinary without KD. Yeah, it's only been two games and they still have other great players, but their depth took a huge hit losing Barnes, Bogut, Ezelli and Barbosa to clear cap space for Durant and now he's out. They look shell shocked right now over losing Durant, but have time to pull themselves together.

The problem as I see it is, without Durant (or Harrison Barnes) their small ball "death line up" looks a LOT less deadly. Reggie Miller (of all people) commented on it last night during the CHI game. Their small ball line up without Durant or Harrison Barnes (who is playing the 4 in DAL) is just too damn small. CLE exposed them in the finals last year, after Bogut went down. Without a rim protector, CLE outscored them by 17 points in the paint in the last three games of the series. With no Bogut and Kerr playing way too much small ball, it became a lay up drill for LeBron, Kyrie, etc.

So, would we have a chance, and would upsetting GSW in the first round, be worth falling out of the lottery? Of course, this is a best case scenario, but I think such an experience would really help such a young team come together. I think it would be good for the team, but I especially think it would be good for Nurkic, who has ZERO post season experience.

BNM

Jade Falcon, dviss1 and 42N8Bounce like this.
  19. riverman

riverman Writing Team

After last night's win with Turner coming back and Chief back healthy I think we'll have a shot at the playoffs..we're 9th in the west but from 8 to 13 in the west it's a one or two game swing to drop or gain ground...Minnesota has won two in a row and is on our heels...Dallas is winning..we're not running away with the 8th seed by any stretch with the remaining games. Only teams locked into the high lottery are Phoenix and the Lakers in the west

20. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

One of my friends who is a GSW lifelong fan and I were talking about a possible playoff rematch last night.

He said this.
    " As far as first round matchup is concerned, the Warriors are essentially tied right now with the Spurs. They're 2 losses ahead with 2 games in San Antonio being on the second night of back to backs. I don't think they'll win either one the way they're playing right now. It's fucking ridiculous how bad they look. That first seed is definitely in question especially with Durant out probably the entire regular season."

I personally do not want to be eliminated by the team LaMarsha decided to join. Even getting eliminated in 7 games would piss me off. I'd rather lose 4 straight by 40+ to the Rockets than lose to the team LaMarsha joined.