Politics Please say rock bottom is getting close

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by calvin natt, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

what do you mean a convenient excuse to kill Jews? I dont get your point at all.
    I was referring to what is taught in Christianity that Jesus was hated by many not just romans. I realize that the Romans killed him but who then was yelling crucify crucify according to the Bible? Wasn't the Jewish priest the ones that tuned him over to that Pilot dude? I was raised by a religious family and was exposed to that story for years. I'm not a religious person however.

2. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

The Christian Bible is not a work of history. It is a collection of legends, many written decades after the events they claim to be reporting. Often internally contradictory.

For centuries, Easter was preferred but not only time for pogroms in which Jews were robbed, raped, murdered as punishment for allegedly killing Christ. It was not until 20th century that the Pope declared Jews collectively should no longer be punished for death of Christ .I was seven fucking years old when a group of Catholic girls spat on me because I killed Christ. Didn't make sense, he's been dead for ages, how could I have killed him? Hell of a thing for a Jewish mother oto have to explain to a child.

Phatguysrule and Chris Craig like this.
  3. Hoopguru

Sorry you had that experience. Most Christians that Ive known/know support Jews and actually some think they are related by faith through Abraham. I agree that all religion is based on a collection of whatever, usually to gain prominence over people. There were evil jewish kings and religious nuts that also killed indiscriminately. Religion regardless of belief, Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Buddhism, , has always been a way for leaders to manipulate, control and kill many in the name of the belief.

4. Hoopguru

The old testament also is based on legends, man made prophecy & theater. I mean, we all can accept things as historical fact or not. Thats why I have hard time with any sect or religion.

5. Hoopguru

I do believe Jesus existed as an historical fact the same why I believe Napoleon existed.

6. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Of course.

7. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

There are contemporaneous records of Napoleon.

8. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Sorry you went through that.

Yeah, the Bible is mostly allegories and highly exaggerated accounts of things that actually happened, mixed with a bunch of legend.

9. Hoopguru

A number of years back, I was in New Orleans and had lunch within few friends on a mezanine terrace on the corner of bourbon street & ?. The person that waited on us said that Napoleon had eaten on the same terrace.

10. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

I saw Jesus in my toast this morning. It was a caucasian representation. But I know it was Him because I have faith and He gave me proof in the toast.

[​IMG]

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  11. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

I can believe there might have been a rabbi and teacher named Joshua ben Joseph a couple millennia ago. Many legendary figures are based loosely on real people. Many are conflated, the words and deeds of several people merged.
    All religions are based on legends which serve as unifying force. So are countries. Some are harmless. Some are positive. Some are excuses to harm others. Very few have actual evidence.
    Which is why I am an atheist.

12. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Meanwhile...
    Biden has proposed a modest tax increase on the very wealthy. MAGA world calling this a race war against white people although very few would pay more and most would benefit from better services.
    I think of what Lyndon Johnson said in 1964 or 65, which explains archaic language. If you can convince the lowest white man he is better than the Negro, he will vote for things that hurt him as long as they hurt the Negroes more.

13. AmirIcon

AmirIcon Well-Known Member

Writer, Director, Actor
    I've been an atheist all my life. Until about a year ago. Looking at the science, there seems no way it could all be random in addition to the UFO/alien revelations that have come to the light in more recent years. Also, God means so many different things. I think NHI (non-human intelligence) intervened and created us.

14. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean by "random" or what UFO revelation you mean, nothing new there at all. No evidence for non human intelligence creator. But your headache. Arguing religion is a waste of time.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  15. Kano John

Kano John Start 'em young!

Retired
    Except that science has yet to discover the true origins of the universe (yes there is the big bang theory but what was the cause of the big bang). And as of yet the origin of actual life is unknown. How did it all begin - or has it always been but how could that be. It's all still a mystery.

16. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

True what happened before big bang is unknown. Which means it's unknown. Not that a god did it. Until 1930s we didn't know why the stars were hot. All known combustion would have burned out in a few thousand years. That didn't mean the universe was a few thousand years old. Or that a god did it. Just that we hadn't discovered nuclear fusion.

Origins of life are pretty well understood.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  17. Kano John

Retired
    I'm not saying there is a god - all I'm saying is that unknown is unknown - just that.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  18. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

Which means we probably shouldn't support religious ideas that can be harmful.

Believe whatever you want as long as that doesn't negatively impact anybody else.

19. oldfisherman

oldfisherman Unicorn Wrangler

200 billion trillion perfect stars make a strong case for some higher intelligence...until...

You try to fit in the highly flawed human race.

There is no way humans are the highest form of life in the universe. At no time in our history did everyone get along, and keep peace on earth.

My "therory" is. We are the factory seconds. And earth is where all of the universes rejects are sent.

All of the ufo sightings are the universes carekeepers whose job it is to keep an eye on us. The sightings have greatly increased lately. They probably do not want us to migrate to their neighborhood.

20. Kano John

Retired
    Your theory is just about as sound as many theory's out there today!