Scoot and Sharpe in the backcourt?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Bingo Bango, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Whyachi

Whyachi Well-Known Member

bad at defense, high volume 3-point shooting. Pair Tyler up with Ant for an ultra wimpy version of Steph & Klay. Blazers can tank away for picks, while still keeping their fantasy stats quota.

Lowry would be part of the Dame to Miami trade, and we would hear at nauseam about Kyle being a veteran presence bringing championship level experience to the young & bouncy Blazers team.

As long as Portland doesn't hamstring themselves by trading their best rookies, future picks... tank away.

Watch out Spurs, your super Wemby team might have some real competition to get next year's #1 pick.

2. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Taking on Herro would basically give us two guys that we need to trade who play very similarly lol

3. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

4. Graduate32

Graduate32 Well-Known Member

This is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things and gets to your italicized portion, but I also would imagine that the Heat could work out a deal with OKC to simply unprotect the pick in 2025, especially since it will be unprotected in 2026 anyway. If the Blazers required that 2027 pick vs. the 2028 pick and wanted an additional swap that would be one way to do it... but again... we are discussing semantics here. It's still not an ideal package.

5. SheedSoNasty

SheedSoNasty Well-Known Member

Just so we’re clear, I would not be excited about having Miami as a trade partner for Dame. If forced, I’d want as much talent, expiring contracts and picks for him. Herro, while not a good fit, might have more value in a future deal.

6. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

Those are great numbers, ones he probably would not duplicate this year playing with non-tanking starters. But then again we don't need him to if we get a decent forward to play with him and Dame and Grant and Nurk. He just needs to keep improving by the end of the season.