Politics The Trump/Russia Rumor Thread

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Fez Hammersticks, Dec 1, 2018.

1. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

I grew up 2 1/2 blocks from the Speck and my younger brother and I could see the revolving chicken bucket from our 2nd floor bedroom window. That joint was always hopping.....probably because it was one of the more reliable places around town to score drugs back in the day. What I loved most was that it always looked like they were having a classic car show, because that’s where everyone went to show off their hot rods and muscle cars. Another plus was the quality of their car hops. The service was spotty but the view was always excellent......

riverman and SlyPokerDog like this.
  2. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Not your call son.
    I will be back before long.
    But a thought for the day.
    When you see me coming, you best step aside.

3. The Professional Fan

The Professional Fan Big League Scrub

You might be confusing Antifa (a political group) with the gutter punks (homeless young people)

And no, they're not the same.

GriLtCheeZ likes this.
  4. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

When I was a Junior in HS I worked at Toms Gulf on the corner 50th & Powell. Love it as chicks would come in all the time to gas up and I aways got off at 11pm.
    Use to eat The Speaks chicken gizzards on a regular basis.
    I also lived on Center street behind Day Music with some friends right after hs.

UncleCliffy'sDaddy likes this.
  5. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    Why? It certainly wouldn't be from any fear of you. I'm not the one afraid of walking downtown. You are.
    :dumbbells: :pumpitup: :smiley-boxing:

6. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    You do not read well. I have walked it, it is an ugly detestable place.
    Certainly no place to attract the cruisers of old.

7. CupWizier

retired
    There are no cruisers of old to attract. They have laws prohibiting it and it has nothing to do with what you fear walking down 6th ave. They closed that off back in 1987. Do yourself a favor and at least educate yourself on the issue rather than dive into what you perceive to be the deep end where in fact it could be the shallow end and you hit your head.

8. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    When I was young, I hung with some questionable people, I even did some things that were illegal. My dad did not live with us and I didn't get along with my mother. Yet, I turned the corner and I believe others can as well especially if we offer them the right encouragement. I remember when I was about 11 when I had what you might call an incorrigible friend. We went to a trucking company and found some nice ropes in the back of some trucks. He got me to pick up some ropes as he did, as well, and took them home. His conscience got the better of him and he insisted, over my objections, that we return the ropes which we did. This had an impact on me. I'll never forget his act of good conscience even though he was on the cusp of being a hoodlum.

riverman and Hoopguru like this.
  9. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    There used to be a broasted chicken joint in Oswego back in the mid 50s. OMG, they had the best chicken I've ever tasted in my life.
    Other great joints that are gone:
    Waddles;
    Rose's on NW 23rd;
    Quality Pie;
    Jerry's Gable;
    Bart's Wharf;
    Bill's Gold Coin;
    Wade's;
    Farrell's;
    The Carnival;
    Manning's;
    The lunch counter at Newberry's;
    An ice cream parlor that sold 3 cent phosphate sodas and had a soda jerk serving all kinds of ice cream goodies;
    An ice cream store, 24 Flavors, that sold my favorite ice cream, raspberry ripple;
    Gene and Joe's on McLaughlin that had superb hamburgers. It's now known as Tebo's and has moved;
    The lunch counter at Meier and Frank's;
    Sam's Hof Brau near Portland State;
    Henry Ford's just off Barbur near Capitol Hwy;
    Hung Far Low Chinese restaurant in China town;
    Dairy Maid in Oswego/Lake Oswego;
    The Pinafore in Oswego/Lake Oswego;
    A & W Root Beer restaurants that served ice cold root beer in a frost glass mug;
    Bonnie Burgers;
    The Crab Broiler near the intersection of Hwy 26 and hwy 101;
    Shakey's Pizza;
    Top of the Cosmo;
    The Gast Haus;
    Sweet Tibby Dunbar's;
    There used to be a little restaurant, name unknown, that sold a delicious reuban sandwich with a Mrs. Neushin's dill pickle and a coke. It was located in the old farmer's market near the original Meier and Frank building;
    I'll probably think of more given more time but I gotta go.

riverman and SlyPokerDog like this.
  10. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

I remember when Day Music used to be the Ames Theater. My brothers and I saw a lot of movies there and at the Bob White just up the street. I heard a vague rumor a few month back that they may be turning Day Music back into a movie theater but don’t know the validity. Anything is possible the way they are bending over backwards to gentrify the whole Foster corridor.....talk about putting a tuxedo on a pig.......

riverman and Hoopguru like this.
  11. CupWizier

retired
    [​IMG]

12. The Professional Fan

The Professional Fan Big League Scrub

Remember The Metro? I believe it was located where the Columbia store is on broadway. It was a shitty sunken food court where people smoked and read the Willamette Week back when it was cool. I loved that spot.

13. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Because of the homeless people? I find that detestable too, but probably for different reasons than you?

14. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Well, go for it!

I hate to see a section of town just let go to hell like that. The city used big money to turn 6th ave into a pedestrian zone with
    Max as the core transportation. Now it is so fucked up, there is no need for the Max. Nothing down there worth going there.

Then you have those that moved into the vacant zone, camped on the sidewalks shooting shit in their limbs, nothing to inhibited them.
    What a spectacle.

Why was I there? Why did I walk it?

Trying to get from Scappoose to Eugene. The closest a bus comes to downtown anymore is Salmon ST. So I hiked from 6th & Salmon to the Train Station. The only ground transportation out of town since the Bus Station closed, no doubt because the place became untenable. Walk it sometime, see what once was the center of one of the nicest Cities on the West Coast. No more, it now rivals Seattle and San Francisco for most disgusting.

One of the most noticeable thing about the area, is the lack of police. All this illegal shit going on and not a cop in sight.
    It has to be the plan.

15. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Remember The Pink Bucket?

UncleCliffy'sDaddy likes this.
  16. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

These are human beings man. I find that their situation is destestable. No one should have to live that way. All these people fell through the cracks. I have been there myself. I was homeless not so long ago. I lived on the streets downtown. Luckily, I was able to get back on my feet and get a place, and go to college, and get where I am at. And not without learning a good bit of humility.

Yes, the homeless issue has gotten worse. Both Dems and republicans have failed to fix it. Sending people to jail and off to other cities on greyhound buses are not the answer.

As far as I know Greyhound is open as long as you have a ticket.

There are police everywhere. Not much thry can do but tell people to move on or arrest them. The problem is bigger than them at this point.

17. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

That's a pretty demeaning way to refer to Mrs. HCP. Shame on you.

barfo

Lanny, riverman and Hoopguru like this.
  18. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Seems like we got rid of one undesirable by sending him off on the train, though.

barfo

CupWizier likes this.
  19. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Good point! Getting worse all the time. Most of these people are younger white people and black people of all ages. Where did they come from?
    Why did they let them have this section of the City? Why aren't they working at a job that matches their skill level rather than come there to be derelicts? It might have something to do with most of the State being in a state of dereliction. A place where the ability of people to earn a living has been eliminated. Eliminated before creating places for people to earn a living. But we bring more into the Sanctuary. This could be a long vent, but I will stop here.

No, the Greyhound station, which once was the center hub of transportation is closed. One all the bus lines ended up there. no more.

20. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    :cool2:
    Naw, he is very mobile. He will return.