05's Starting Lineup

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by N4S, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

PG- Stephon Marbury
    SG- Allan Houston for first half then Jamal Crawford
    SF- Tim Thomas
    PF- JYD for a while then Mike Sweetney
    C- Kurt Thomas or Vin Baker if he's off the booze

2. jbbSkip

jbbSkip JBB JustBBall Member

PG- Stephon Marbury
    SG- Allan Houston/Jamal Crawford
    SF- Tim Thomas
    PF- JYD
    C- Kurt Thomas

3. Grxmites

Grxmites JBB JustBBall Member

i think Kurt Thomas will be out of Knick uniform before the next seasons Dead Line

4. kwatkins

kwatkins JBB JustBBall Member

I agree grxmites....I think he will be gone as well.. but the starting line up(barring injury) for the 1st game of the season will be:
    PG-Starbury
    SG-Houston
    SF-T. Thomas
    PF-K. Thomas
    C-Nazr
    Subs
    PG/SG- Crawford
    SG/SF- Penny
    PF/C- Baker, Sweets, JYD
    I think K.T. is gone because by January Sweets will show he is ready to start. I also think that this is how I.T. plans on getting a little closer to the cap( i'll explain further in another post.. and before anyone starts yelling about how we will never be close to the cap, just wait till you read my post then comment all you want)

5. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

Starters for opening Game:

PG- Stephon Marbury
    SG- Jamal Crawford
    SF- Tim Thomas
    PF- Kurt Thomas
    C- Nazr Mohammed

Starters at Seasons End:

PG- Stephon Marbury
    SG- Jamal Crawford
    SF- Tim Thomas
    PF- Mike Sweetney
    C- Kurt Thomas

6. jjtheknick

jjtheknick JBB JustBBall Member

PG-marbury
    SG-houston
    SF-T. thomas
    PF-K thomas
    C-nazr

its not that bad

7. jjtheknick

jjtheknick JBB JustBBall Member

no way its ganna be marbury he is going to carry this team and make this team championship contenders

8. TheAnswerIsAi3

TheAnswerIsAi3 BBW Member

YIKES....Man i think the lineup should look exactly like this

Starters....
    C - Kurt Thomas 11.1 ppg, 8.30 rpg, 1.9 apg
    PF - Tim Thomas 14.7 ppg, 4.80 rpg, 1.9 apg
    SF - Allan Houston 18.5 ppg, 2.40 rpg, 2.0 apg
    SG - Jamal Crawford 17.3 ppg, 3.50 rpg, 5.1 apg
    PG - Stephon Marbury 20.2 ppg, 3.20 rpg, 8.9 apg

Bench.....
    C - Nazr Mohammed 7.4 ppg, 5.90 rpg, .5 apg
    PF - Jerome Williams 6.2 ppg, 7.00 rpg, 1.1 apg
    SF - Vin Baker 9.8 ppg, 5.20 rpg, 1.2 apg
    SG - Anfernee Hardaway 9.2 ppg, 3.80 rpg, 2.3 apg
    PF - Mike Sweetney 4.3 ppg, 3.70 rpg, .3 apg
    SG - Shandon Anderson 7.9 ppg, 2.80 rpg, 1.5 apg
    SF - Trevor Ariza (UCLA stats) 11.6 ppg, 6.48 rpg, 2.8 apg
    IR.....
    PG - Moochie Norris 3.5 ppg, 1.00 rpg, 1.8 apg
    SG - Jamison Brewer 2.5 ppg, .80 rpg, 1.3 apg
    SG - (FreeAgent) Demarr Johnson 5.4 ppg, 1.90 rpg, .5 apg

Thats how the roster should look if there wantin to make the playoffs....Kurt Thomas would be a better C to start than Sweetney and Nazr...Tim Thomas can easily play the PF position....Allan Houston has played SF in his prime but just in case he gets hurt or anything theres always Penny and Baker waiting on the bench or even the rookie sensation Trevor Ariza. Jamal Crawford will most likely be Co-Captain to Stephon Marbury which everyone knows he gonna be the Captain. The bench looks very nice when u look at it. Notice how i put all the SGs, PGs on the IR....well thats because they really wont get any minutes with Jamal Crawford, Stephon Marbury, and Penny Hardaway around. Also...theres no backup PG on the bench because when Marbury goes outta tha game (which wouldnt be long out of the game either)...Jamal Crawford could play PG and maybe Penny could come in at SG....this would be a great plan for the New York Knicks to look at and they have the biggest chance at making the playoffs this year if all of this actually happens.

9. Knicks Analyst

Knicks Analyst JBB ? Israel ?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheAnswerIsAi3:</div><div class="quote_post">YIKES....Man i think the lineup should look exactly like this

Starters....
    C - Kurt Thomas 11.1 ppg, 8.30 rpg, 1.9 apg
    PF - Tim Thomas 14.7 ppg, 4.80 rpg, 1.9 apg
    SF - Allan Houston 18.5 ppg, 2.40 rpg, 2.0 apg
    SG - Jamal Crawford 17.3 ppg, 3.50 rpg, 5.1 apg
    PG - Stephon Marbury 20.2 ppg, 3.20 rpg, 8.9 apg

Bench.....
    C - Nazr Mohammed 7.4 ppg, 5.90 rpg, .5 apg
    PF - Jerome Williams 6.2 ppg, 7.00 rpg, 1.1 apg
    SF - Vin Baker 9.8 ppg, 5.20 rpg, 1.2 apg
    SG - Anfernee Hardaway 9.2 ppg, 3.80 rpg, 2.3 apg
    PF - Mike Sweetney 4.3 ppg, 3.70 rpg, .3 apg
    SG - Shandon Anderson 7.9 ppg, 2.80 rpg, 1.5 apg
    SF - Trevor Ariza (UCLA stats) 11.6 ppg, 6.48 rpg, 2.8 apg
    IR.....
    PG - Moochie Norris 3.5 ppg, 1.00 rpg, 1.8 apg
    SG - Jamison Brewer 2.5 ppg, .80 rpg, 1.3 apg
    SG - (FreeAgent) Demarr Johnson 5.4 ppg, 1.90 rpg, .5 apg

Thats how the roster should look if there wantin to make the playoffs....Kurt Thomas would be a better C to start than Sweetney and Nazr...Tim Thomas can easily play the PF position....Allan Houston has played SF in his prime but just in case he gets hurt or anything theres always Penny and Baker waiting on the bench or even the rookie sensation Trevor Ariza. Jamal Crawford will most likely be Co-Captain to Stephon Marbury which everyone knows he gonna be the Captain. The bench looks very nice when u look at it. Notice how i put all the SGs, PGs on the IR....well thats because they really wont get any minutes with Jamal Crawford, Stephon Marbury, and Penny Hardaway around. Also...theres no backup PG on the bench because when Marbury goes outta tha game (which wouldnt be long out of the game either)...Jamal Crawford could play PG and maybe Penny could come in at SG....this would be a great plan for the New York Knicks to look at and they have the biggest chance at making the playoffs this year if all of this actually happens.</div>
    <font size="7">Are you JOKING?</font>

ALLAN HOUSTON CAN'T COMPETE IN THIS LEAGUE AT THE 3! HE'S TOO SOFT TO PLAY THE 2! He barely drives to the basket at the 2! He won't be able to compete with the likes of Ron Artest, Richard Jefferson, Tracy McGrady (SG/SF), Carmelo Anthony, and Shawn Marion! That's a joke.

Kurt Thomas won't be able to play Center, either. He did it for a little while but he plays his best at PF. He does a good job on Shaq, but against Jermaine O'neal, Yao Ming, Shaq (Shaq still can beat his ass pretty damn well), Dampier, Duncan (F/C) he won't have a chance of competing! It's ridiculous.

And wait just a minute, did you say play Tim thomas at PF?! Is that a joke?! Tim Thomas is 6-10 and weighs 240 LBs at SF, yet he only pulls down 4.8 rebounds per game! HOW DO YOU THINK HE'D PERFORM AGAINST SOME OF THIS LEAGUE'S ELITE PFs LIKE BEN WALLACE, KEVIN GARNETT, TIM DUNCAN, PAU GASOL, SHAREEFABDUR-RAHIM?!
    That is simply ridiculous! You need to be much more careful in wait you say, because that is simply WRONG.

Crawford needs a year to develop in the Knicks' system before rolling into the line-up, and if you were to put him in the line-up it would SOLELY be because Houston is injured.

I don't see how exactly you put Baker down as a back-up SF, doesn't really make sense.

My starting line-ups for the Knicks:

PG- Stephon Marbury (Back ups: Jamal Crawford, Moochie Norris)
    SG- Allan Houston (Back ups: Jamal Crawford, Penny Hardaway, Trevor Ariza)
    SF Tim Thomas (Back ups: Penny Hardaway, Trevor Ariza)
    PF- Kurt Thomas (Back ups: Mike Sweetney, Jerome Williams)
    C- Nazr Mohammed (Back ups: Vin Baker <u>and ONCE IN A WHILE</u> Mike Sweetney)

IR-
    Shandon Anderson
    Jamison Brewer
    Dermarr Johnson

^My line-ups are pretty accurate, it is possible that Ariza could replace Anderson on the IR (although I hope to God that doesn't happen).

10. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

^ Kurt Thomas is the Knicks best bigman was why would you play him out of position. Yes, he has played the 5 spot out of need for the Knicks in the past, but he is clearly more comfortable playing the 4 spot. And with K.Thomas being the Knicks most stable and consistent bigman, you want him to be as comfortable in his role as possible.And that comfort seems to come with him playing the 4 spot imo. And if you seen the Buck's play during the big 3 era, then you would undertand that Tim Thomas just isnt fit to play the 4 spot as a starter. He hangs out way to much behind the arc and doesnt provide the rebounding needed out of a starting power forward, 4 or 5 rebounds per game just doesnt cut it for a power forward.

And you said that Allan Houston has played the 3 in the past, I guess your talking about the 2 seasons before Spree came, when the Knicks where using the 3 guard lineup alot with Ward/childs, Starks, and Houston. But Starks was the better defender between the two, so he would often defend the better wing player. On this Knicks squad if they were to use a 3 guard lineup, with both Houston & Crawford, who would guard the better wing player, they both are poor on-defenders. And the 3 spot in the NBA has gotten much bigger since the Knicks used that method. Allan Houston just cant deal with the 3 spot and the size/strenght of some of the perimeter players he may face at the position.

Edit: Well Knick Analyst pretty much shut dude down beofe I got to post mine, so just take mine as backing up KA.

11. Knicks Analyst

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Henacy:</div><div class="quote_post">^ Kurt Thomas is the Knicks best bigman was why would you play him out of position. Yes, he has played the 5 spot out of need for the Knicks in the past, but he is clearly more comfortable playing the 4 spot. And with K.Thomas being the Knicks most stable and consistent bigman, you want him to be as comfortable in his role as possible.And that comfort seems to come with him playing the 4 spot imo. And if you seen the Buck's play during the big 3 era, then you would undertand that Tim Thomas just isnt fit to play the 4 spot as a starter. He hangs out way to much behind the arc and doesnt provide the rebounding needed out of a starting power forward, 4 or 5 rebounds per game just doesnt cut it for a power forward.

And you said that Allan Houston has played the 3 in the past, I guess your talking about the 2 seasons before Spree came, when the Knicks where using the 3 guard lineup alot with Ward/childs, Starks, and Houston. But Starks was the better defender between the two, so he would often defend the better wing player. On this Knicks squad if they were to use a 3 guard lineup, with both Houston & Crawford, who would guard the better wing player, they both are poor on-defenders. And the 3 spot in the NBA has gotten much bigger since the Knicks used that method. Allan Houston just cant deal with the 3 spot and the size/strenght of some of the perimeter players he may face at the position.
    Edit: Well Knick Analyst pretty much shut dude down beofe I got to post mine, so just take mine as backing up KA.
    </div>Thanks for the back-up, Henacy. [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. jbbDavid

jbbDavid JBB JustBBall Member

Knicks Analyst is completely right about Allan Houston. He's a terrific shooter and I respect him as much as the next guy but he's soft. He doesn't ever drive it's getting annoying. Why can't he learn to take it to the hoop? If he could do that he'd be so good! I think it's late now as he is getting older and driving would only hurt his knee more and more. I think he would have been a smarter ball player if he drove also. He could learn weaknesses of players by doing more than shooting on them. If he was also able to improve his ball handling, he could fake out a few defenders every now and then and create better shots for himself.

As far as Tim Thomas goes: TT isn't exactly what you'd call tough. He has what it takes to be tough, but he just doesn't learn to use the abilities he has. If he could learn something, he may be suitable for power forwrd. For now, I'd like to see him pull down more boards at Small Forward, as he has not proven that he deserves anything more. If only Penny could start, I'd let him if it was up to me but Penny hasn't got the stuff.

13. Ed!

Ed! JBB JustBBall Member

KA- You [​IMG] him

14. TheAnswerIsAi3

LOL o well i guess....not really a Knicks fan newayz so i dont follow them around like dawgs haha....Thats just my opinion on how its goin down and if it does ill get back here and laugh my ass off lol so we'll see when the Season starts up i guess [​IMG]

I need to go back to the Sixers forum tho...so im outta this one...lata

15. Knicks Analyst

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheAnswerIsAi3:</div><div class="quote_post">LOL o well i guess....not really a Knicks fan newayz so i dont follow them around like dawgs haha....Thats just my opinion on how its goin down and if it does ill get back here and laugh my ass off lol so we'll see when the Season starts up i guess [​IMG]

I need to go back to the Sixers forum tho...so im outta this one...lata</div>
    Good luck. :P

Enjoy the Sixers forum! You're always welcome here as well. [​IMG]

16. TheAnswerIsAi3

KA - That was actually kinda wrong of me tho to comment on the Knicks when really all i know about them is...NOTHIN. Haha i got what i deserved from a Knick Fanatic [​IMG]...Thats cool tho...I like it when some of my posts get countered....[​IMG]

17. Knicks Analyst

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheAnswerIsAi3:</div><div class="quote_post">KA - That was actually kinda wrong of me tho to comment on the Knicks when really all i know about them is...NOTHIN. Haha i got what i deserved from a Knick Fanatic [​IMG]...Thats cool tho...I like it when some of my posts get countered....[​IMG]</div> No, what you did was fine. Keep posting and making mistakes, and you'll learn something. That's how you learn so keep doing it.

18. TheAnswerIsAi3

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Knicks Analyst:</div><div class="quote_post">No, what you did was fine. Keep posting and making mistakes, and you'll learn something. That's how you learn so keep doing it.</div>

Yea i guess so....as I look back on what i posted....u were right about everything. I actually thought Thomas could play PF but when u mentioned the fact that theres KG, Duncan, JO, etc....lol i knew there would be someone that knew about Knicks get on and say somethin. IM STUPID AHHHHHHHHHHH lol j/p. [​IMG] :P

19. Kobe - Marquis

Kobe - Marquis JBB JustBBall Member

PG: Stephon Marbury
    SG: Jamal Crawford
    SF: Allan Houston
    PF: Tim Thomas
    C: Kurt Thomas

20. Knicks Analyst

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kobe - Marquis:</div><div class="quote_post">PG: Stephon Marbury
    SG: Jamal Crawford
    SF: Allan Houston
    PF: Tim Thomas
    C: Kurt Thomas</div>
    I hope to God that's a joke. [​IMG] [​IMG]

If not, then RE-READ THIS! lol.

Are you JOKING?

ALLAN HOUSTON CAN'T COMPETE IN THIS LEAGUE AT THE 3! HE'S TOO SOFT TO PLAY THE 2! He barely drives to the basket at the 2! He won't be able to compete with the likes of Ron Artest, Richard Jefferson, Tracy McGrady (SG/SF), Carmelo Anthony, and Shawn Marion! That's a joke.

Kurt Thomas won't be able to play Center, either. He did it for a little while but he plays his best at PF. He does a good job on Shaq, but against Jermaine O'neal, Yao Ming, Shaq (Shaq still can beat his ass pretty damn well), Dampier, Duncan (F/C) he won't have a chance of competing! It's ridiculous.

And wait just a minute, did you say play Tim thomas at PF?! Is that a joke?! Tim Thomas is 6-10 and weighs 240 LBs at SF, yet he only pulls down 4.8 rebounds per game! HOW DO YOU THINK HE'D PERFORM AGAINST SOME OF THIS LEAGUE'S ELITE PFs LIKE BEN WALLACE, KEVIN GARNETT, TIM DUNCAN, PAU GASOL, SHAREEFABDUR-RAHIM?!
    That is simply ridiculous! You need to be much more careful in wait you say, because that is simply WRONG.

Crawford needs a year to develop in the Knicks' system before rolling into the line-up, and if you were to put him in the line-up it would SOLELY be because Houston is injured.

I don't see how exactly you put Baker down as a back-up SF, doesn't really make sense.

My starting line-ups for the Knicks:

PG- Stephon Marbury (Back ups: Jamal Crawford, Moochie Norris)
    SG- Allan Houston (Back ups: Jamal Crawford, Penny Hardaway, Trevor Ariza)
    SF Tim Thomas (Back ups: Penny Hardaway, Trevor Ariza)
    PF- Kurt Thomas (Back ups: Mike Sweetney, Jerome Williams)
    C- Nazr Mohammed (Back ups: Vin Baker and ONCE IN A WHILE Mike Sweetney)

IR-
    Shandon Anderson
    Jamison Brewer
    Dermarr Johnson

^My line-ups are pretty accurate, it is possible that Ariza could replace Anderson on the IR (although I hope to God that doesn't happen).