Is it too soon to talk about defensive rating?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Duckhook, Oct 24, 2022.

1. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

I thought you were saying he was playing bad this year, I didn't think you were only referencing his 3pt shooting percentage tonight. My bad.

But yes, the team as a whole is turnover it over way more than they used to. I preferred the more simplistic offense that produced better results.

2. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RIPcity

No legs to make late game shots playing our starters 40+ minutes focused on defense.

3. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

So is he having a bad year or is he just not as good late in games and taking care of the ball as he has been in the past?

4. Fairly-Hard

Fairly-Hard Former Member Gone New!

This can be looked at from another angle. If the Blazers come out against the Magic and shoot well from the beginning they don't fall behind early in the game and have to fight to get back into it. If they make some shots in the third after a long halftime rest and don't fall behind again they don't have to fight and claw back into the game again and play 40 minutes.
    The tired part i believe has everything to do with schedule but yes playing 40 minutes a night is not helping at all.

HailBlazers likes this.
  5. Fairly-Hard

Fairly-Hard Former Member Gone New!

My bet is not having to catch a plane after this game and getting to relax just a bit more in their own practice facility and work on the little bumps and bruises will drastically improve their shooting on offense and that will allow them to play a bit better defense because they will not have to work quite so hard on both ends of the court.
    I obviously could be wrong but my bet is the numbers on defense and offense will get better over the next 20 games.

6. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

upload_2023-1-24_14-38-12.png

7. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RIPcity

8. Tince

Tince Well-Known Member

I haven't been tracking on where we've been at, though I see we're 8th. I believe we were 13th a while ago.

What probably makes the most sense it to track the net difference between the two.

HailBlazers likes this.