Mewtwo (pokemon)

Discussion in 'Graphics Showcase' started by wolverine30, Jun 17, 2007.

1. AiRuPtHeRe

AiRuPtHeRe BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (l?ckdown @ Jun 18 2007, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I never found mewtwo, I would get that glitch thing that F*cked up your game.</div>Well it was like F*cked up and you couldn't see it. But it was sometimes different pokemon like Magneton and something else.

2. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (l?ckdown @ Jun 18 2007, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I remember the glitch in red and blue to duplicate the item that makes your pokemon go up a level buy giving it to themI always thought the same as Justice, that it was only with the special events, but I just searched it and:"In Pok?mon Red, Blue, and Yellow, the Mew glitch is a programming oversight that allows players to capture Mew, a Pok?mon that at the time was only obtainable through official Nintendo promotions or cheat devices.By carefully timing the use of the "Teleport" or "Fly" Pok?mon abilities, players could "trick" the game into beginning a trainer battle even though a trainer was not present at the time. The original games only allocated a single memory region for battle data, and therefore the player could overwrite the original trainer's battle data with that of other trainers or wild Pok?mon. By choosing opponents with a specific "Special" stat, the player could fill the battle data memory region with the data of his or her choice. The "Special" stat was represented by the game's hexadecimal code. Returning to the area where the player first flew or teleported away would cause the game to trigger a wild Pok?mon encounter and misread the data as genuine battle data, resulting in various glitches, or an actual Pok?mon, as an opponent.Additionally, instead of encouterning a trainer, a player could use a variation of the glitch by allowing a wild Ditto to transform into one of the players Pokemon, and then defeat the Ditto. The "Special" stat of the Pokemon the player sent out determines what Pokemon, based on hexadecimal code, will appear during the region the player "escaped" from."MehMewtwo+Master ball>Mew</div>I never said Mew couldn't be obtained through a glitch. I said that Mew was programmed purposefully into the game. There are pokemon that you can catch through glitches, but I'm not sure that Mew is one of them, unless you are using a game shark or whatever (I would call that a cheat and not a glitch, though).I do remember that you could fly to this one area and it had literally glitched pokemon. What you would see was just a pixelated mess (not a programmed sprite like Mew). The pokemon would be upwards of level 110 (impossible without the glitch), but its defense was so low that it was basically pointless to catch it.The difference between a glitch and a cheat is that a glitch is an accident. It's like being able to run up a wall when you shouldn't, walk through a wall, get stuck in a floor, see a character that you shouldn't be able to see, etc. Mew was obviously a programmed character. It's not the pokemon part that bothers me, it's that people really think that a sprite like that would accidentally get stuck in a game. Ugh.

3. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

lol I'm loving the Pokemon debate that's going on over here..

4. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Jun 18 2007, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>lol I'm loving the Pokemon debate that's going on over here..</div>Like I said, it's not really even a pokemon debate.

5. P0W3RBALLIN

P0W3RBALLIN BBW Elite Member

Mew is actually in Red/Blue.I looked up the glitch online, and it actually worked. I started my cousins Blue version over just to try it. It worked, but I couldnt catch it because I'm pretty sure you needed a masterball. I only had pokeballs.. I was around the level 20s.. and I just got out of the cave to Lavender Town.On my red version, my Mewtwo is like level 92 :lol:BALLLLIN!My Charizard is level 100.... even moooore BALLLLLIN

6. P0W3RBALLIN

7. primetime

primetime Get Your Popcorn ready again

I remember that. you talk to that guy in I wanna think pewter then you go to the fire gym island on the side and tap a+b and fight the F*cked up looking pokemon and get a shitload of your item. I never did catch mew though but I remember mewtwo in the game.

8. P0W3RBALLIN

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PrimeTime @ Jun 18 2007, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I remember that. you talk to that guy in I wanna think pewter then you go to the fire gym island on the side and tap a+b and fight the F*cked up looking pokemon and get a shitload of your item. I never did catch mew though but I remember mewtwo in the game.</div>haha. I did that with my Masterball and Full Restores.But I made a mistake of catching Missingno. and then training it... it evolved to a Kenghiskan... :shok:Then my game got kinda messed up and I released it.

9. l?ckdown

l?ckdown BBW Member

I don't think its debate, just some random banter, but I dont get this lol, please clarify:<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Justice @ Jun 18 2007, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I never said Mew couldn't be obtained through a glitch.</div><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>There are pokemon that you can catch through glitches, but I'm not sure that Mew is one of them</div>I just posted earlier the section about how it can be found "wild" by using that glitch to trick the game into making a Mew appear, because like you said before it was programmed into the game...anyways, do they still make the Pokemon for consoles. I remember it on the N64, was pretty fun (back then for a kid that liked pokemon)My Mewtwo was level 100, all my pokemon were. BAWLIN???

10. P0W3RBALLIN

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (l?ckdown @ Jun 18 2007, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't think its debate, just some random banter, but I dont get this lol, please clarify:I just posted earlier the section about how it can be found "wild" by using that glitch to trick the game into making a Mew appear, because like you said before it was programmed into the game...anyways, do they still make the Pokemon for consoles. I remember it on the N64, was pretty fun (back then for a kid that liked pokemon)My Mewtwo was level 100, all my pokemon were. BAWLIN???</div>They had Pokemon Coliseum on Gamecube.. I never liked it... I think they needa make a console version of the gameboy games because those were the sh*t, instead of those games with plots. And they needa have online capabilities, and stuff, so trainers can battle each other. OMG that sounds so fun.

11. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (l?ckdown @ Jun 18 2007, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't think its debate, just some random banter, but I dont get this lol, please clarify:</div>I said that Mew was an intentional character. I didn't say that you couldn't catch Mew through works of magick and sorcery, but just that his sprite was drawn by somebody at nintendo.Summary:Other people: MEW IS A GLITCHMe: Mew isn't a glitch. The sprite is too well-done to be a "glitch."<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (l?ckdown @ Jun 18 2007, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I just posted earlier the section about how it can be found "wild" by using that glitch to trick the game into making a Mew appear, because like you said before it was programmed into the game...anyways, do they still make the Pokemon for consoles. I remember it on the N64, was pretty fun (back then for a kid that liked pokemon)</div>Yes, I understand what you posted. All I am saying is that I don't recall Mew being available through that glitch. If it is, so be it. It really doesn't have anything to do with my argument.I heard they're making a game for the Wii. Recently, pokemon pearl and diamond were released for the DS.

12. l?ckdown

l?ckdown BBW Member

ah, I see what your saying.But srsly guyz I got Chartoise. [​IMG]

13. coyn3burglar

coyn3burglar BBW Elite Member

Missingno was wack. After you beat the pokemon league and go to the computer in the pokemon center to see the pokemon you used to beat the pokemon league challenege, it would end up being F*cked up. Your pokemon would be pixelated and totally wrong levels with totally wrong pokemon. Pokemon was awesome. I remember it starting around 3rd grade for me. Eventually pokemon cards were banned from the school so you weren't allowed to bring them. I remember some kid gave me all his doubles because I bugged him so much, that was tight.

14. P0W3RBALLIN

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (coyn3burglar @ Jun 18 2007, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Missingno was wack. After you beat the pokemon league and go to the computer in the pokemon center to see the pokemon you used to beat the pokemon league challenege, it would end up being F*cked up. Your pokemon would be pixelated and totally wrong levels with totally wrong pokemon. Pokemon was awesome. I remember it starting around 3rd grade for me. Eventually pokemon cards were banned from the school so you weren't allowed to bring them. I remember some kid gave me all his doubles because I bugged him so much, that was tight.</div>Yeah... Mine is like that.. Theres like random Golducks everywhere with names like asofnal at level 15 or something.I discovered Pokemon in 2nd grade, flipping through channels afterschool. The first one I saw was the one where Bulbasaur found all those other Bulbasaurs that were about to evolve, but he didn't want to. Awesome. lawlsWe never had pokemon cards banned at school. Only Yugioh, which started when I was in 5th grade, and I thought yugioh was gay, but I got into it for a while in 6th grade.

15. primetime

primetime Get Your Popcorn ready again

From the start I never liked the tv show. I think I was 10 or 11 when I first started collecting the cards and playing the game. The TV show was always a bit too much for me. If I was born 5 years earlier maybe ida watched the show.

16. 7Goat

7Goat BBW Hip-Hop Head

PokeRap 1Elecrtrode, Diglett, Nidoran, Mankey, Venusaur, Rattata, Fearow, Pidgey,Jolteon, Dragonite, Gastly, Ponyta,Vaporeon, Poliwrath, Butterfree!!Venomoth, Poliwag, Golduck, Ivysaur,Grimer, Victrebell, Moltres, Nidoking, Farfetch,Jigglypuff, Kingler, Rhyhorn, Clefable Wigglytuff!PokeRap 2Zubat, Primeape, Meowth, Onix, Geodude, Rapidash, Magneton, Snorlax, Gengar, Tangela, Goldeen, Spearow, Weezing, Seel, Gyarados, Slowbro!!Kabuto, Persian, Paras, Horsea, Raticate, Magnemite, Kadabra, Weepinbel, Ditto, Cloyster, Caterpie, Sandshrew, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Golem, Pikachu!PokeRap 3Alakazam, Doduo, Venonat, Machoke, Kankaskhan, Hypno, Electrabuzz, Flareon, Blastoise, Polywhirl, Oddish, Drowzee, Raichu, Ndoqueen, Bellsprout, Starmie!Metapod, Marowak, Kakuna, Clefairy, Dodrio, Seadra, Vileplume, Krabby, Lickitung, Tauros, Weedle, Nidoran, Machop, Sheller, Porygon, Hitmonchan!PokeRap 4Articuno, Jynx, Nidorina, Beedrill, Haunter, Squirtle, Chansey, Parasect, Execute, Muk, Dewgong, Pidgeotto, Lapras, Vulpix, Rhydon!Charizard, Machamp, Pinser, Koffing, Dugtrio, Staryu, Magikarp, Ninetails, Ekans Omastar, Scyther, Tentacool, Dragonair, Magmar!PokeRap 5Sandslash, Hitmonlee, Psyduck, Arcanine, Eevee, Exegutor, Kabutops, Zapdos, Dratini, Growlithe, Mr. Mime, Cubone, Graveler, Voltorb, GloomCharmeleon, Wartortle, Mewtwo, Tentacruel, Aerodacylt, Omanyter, Slow Poke, Pidgoet, Arbok!COUNT IT MY SUCKA MC'S

17. P0W3RBALLIN

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (7Goat @ Jun 18 2007, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>PokeRap 1Elecrtrode, Diglett, Nidoran, Mankey, Venusaur, Rattata, Fearow, Pidgey,Jolteon, Dragonite, Gastly, Ponyta,Vaporeon, Poliwrath, Butterfree!!Venomoth, Poliwag, Golduck, Ivysaur,Grimer, Victrebell, Moltres, Nidoking, Farfetch,Jigglypuff, Kingler, Rhyhorn, Clefable Wigglytuff!PokeRap 2Zubat, Primeape, Meowth, Onix, Geodude, Rapidash, Magneton, Snorlax, Gengar, Tangela, Goldeen, Spearow, Weezing, Seel, Gyarados, Slowbro!!Kabuto, Persian, Paras, Horsea, Raticate, Magnemite, Kadabra, Weepinbel, Ditto, Cloyster, Caterpie, Sandshrew, Bulbasaur, Charmander, Golem, Pikachu!PokeRap 3Alakazam, Doduo, Venonat, Machoke, Kankaskhan, Hypno, Electrabuzz, Flareon, Blastoise, Polywhirl, Oddish, Drowzee, Raichu, Ndoqueen, Bellsprout, Starmie!Metapod, Marowak, Kakuna, Clefairy, Dodrio, Seadra, Vileplume, Krabby, Lickitung, Tauros, Weedle, Nidoran, Machop, Sheller, Porygon, Hitmonchan!PokeRap 4Articuno, Jynx, Nidorina, Beedrill, Haunter, Squirtle, Chansey, Parasect, Execute, Muk, Dewgong, Pidgeotto, Lapras, Vulpix, Rhydon!Charizard, Machamp, Pinser, Koffing, Dugtrio, Staryu, Magikarp, Ninetails, Ekans Omastar, Scyther, Tentacool, Dragonair, Magmar!PokeRap 5Sandslash, Hitmonlee, Psyduck, Arcanine, Eevee, Exegutor, Kabutops, Zapdos, Dratini, Growlithe, Mr. Mime, Cubone, Graveler, Voltorb, GloomCharmeleon, Wartortle, Mewtwo, Tentacruel, Aerodacylt, Omanyter, Slow Poke, Pidgoet, Arbok!COUNT IT MY SUCKA MC'S</div>lol. I only remember that last part

18. l?ckdown

l?ckdown BBW Member

omg the slow poke was like sloooooooooooooooooow poke. F*ck I'm lame...

19. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

One time in high school I brought my pokemon cards to play against this other dude, but I f*cking owned him. It was sad and funny.