Politics Portland Antifa attacks, sends journalist to the hospital

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by santeesioux, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

I never said Gno was a protestor. I said people protest protests.
    He is not slinging his agenda while there. He is reporting on the happenings.

To focus on the supposed irresponsibility of Gno is minimizing the actions of the aggressors.
    Your insistence that he is part to blame is the flaw.
    Based on your position, anyone who heads out to report aBout public disturbances, is acting irresponsibly and i believe that to be wrong and a handcuffing position to all who want to report happenings.
    You are wrong to try to deflect some blame to Gno and that is what you are doing, whether you think so or not.

2. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    He said it as a joke. I don't see anything in his post that advocates violence.
    The violent ones need to be dealt with. If you can do it peacefully then do it. If you can't do it peacefully then throw them in the slammer.
    I only approve of violence by an injured party in response to violent action against the injured party and then only if law enforcement isn't nearby or responding.

3. Lanny

He's certainly no journalist.
    However, even if his action of putting himself in harm's way was incredibly stupid, he does not deserve to get beat up.

4. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

I know he did, and its true there are good people on both sides, not everyone either left or right are extreme to the point of violence. And both sides are entitled to their view points, they just need to be respectful. Young people are picking up on all the hate being slung, I have teachers in my family at elementary and Jr. High and kids are being called Nazi's and other names they pick up from their parents or the crazy news networks.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  5. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Stop equating the entire left with Antifa and we'll stop calling all of y'all racist hillbillies.

Deal?

Because y'all don't say SHIT about the proud boys and the racist Nazis that did this:

Lanny likes this.
  6. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Ok. So your comment about having an opposing viewpoint and showing up to protest was a non sequitur, I guess?

Sorry, but I am (and I believe you are) capable of having two ideas at once. Gno and his attackers are different people. We can evaluate them both.

That, of course, is not what I've said, and is not reality. Take a moment to reflect on how many journalists reported on that event, and how many got attacked.

No, that's the way you are interpreting my position. Your black and white world doesn't allow for there to be multiple parties at fault, so Gno has to be 'innocent'. My grey world says that whoever punched him is criminally liable, but he knew what he was doing putting himself close enough to be punched, and it served no legitimate journalistic purpose. It did, however, allow him to become the subject of the story, rather than a reporter.

barfo

7. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

did I say show up to protest or to A protest? If I said to protest I meant to A protest as he isnt protesting from anything Ive seen in the videos.

Its a 50 shades of grey world. This instance is black and white.

I DGAF if he was there protesting or reporting really. He did nothing aggressive and did not deserve or initiate anything to reep the violence bestowed upon him.

Your insistence in not agreeing with that and trying to pick it apart as shades of grey is moot.

8. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Violence is wrong. Period. When someone else isn't being aggressive, I don't care what he is doing or how far from offender the victim is. Its wrong. Period.

No amount of debating will change my stance on this. However those that continue to try, I question their morality then.

9. barfo

Well, that certainly clears it right up.

I don't either. Actually, I don't think he was there doing either one.

Right, he was just randomly chosen as a victim. It's the same as if a meteor had fallen on him while he was sleeping, right? Totally an act of god and/or antifa, both of which work in mysterious ways.

I don't agree with it because it's obviously not true. You'd have us believe that he was randomly chosen from the crowd for victimhood, and that it could not possibly have been a foreseeable outcome.

barfo

10. barfo

Misrepresenting the argument is wrong. Period. When someone is aggressively misrepresenting what someone says, I don't care what he is saying or how far from correct the victim is. Its wrong. Period.

No amount of additional misrepresentation will change my stance on this. However those that continue to try, I question their debate skills then.

barfo

11. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Oh my. So Gno misrepresents what Antifa says?

Again, Who cares? It doesnt validate violence.

If you agree, just say so. If you dont, you are wrong.

12. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Id have you believe he was random? How so? He is a noted figure and was picked out of the crowd because he writes articles that Antifa disagrees with?

So anyone who has been recognized as a non supporter should not show up to observe and report because violence may happen to them????

Oh my....

This is getting sillier and sillier that you are even debating this.

13. barfo

Hah. You were the subject of that post, not Gno.

barfo

14. barfo

Because you claim that he bears no responsibility at all for getting within punching distance.

That would be my guess. Although picked out of the crowd might be an exaggeration, he was probably in front of the crowd.

Is it smart to go places where you are highly likely to get punched? Is that something you'd do?

Something is getting sillier and sillier here.

barfo

Lanny likes this.
  15. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

So fights break out at sporting events. Should I then not go to any for fear of possibly being punched??? IM a big guy and I wear Blazers gear, so I could easily be singled out.

You are right. You are being sillier and sillier.

16. Road Ratt

Road Ratt King of my own little world

Two groups with the same ideology of hatred get together, a fight (almost naturally) ensues. Injured party: Mommy, mommy it was all their fault! :doh:

17. Lanny

I've got to agree with the sillier part. Without picking sides, you guys are getting nowhere with each other. Time to comment on something more productive.

18. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Really quick J....

Why don't you ever call out the Nazis?

I hear you talk shit (rightfully so) about Antifa but you don't say anything about the Right wing racists that are causing this shit.

I never hear anything about how Trump says there's good people on both sides...

NO THERE'S NOT... There are no good Nazis...

I don't see you ever admonishing the racists on the right... Why the focus on Antifa and not of the "Proud boys" or these MFs in Charlottesville running people over with cars?

I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, I'm just wondering why.

You explained to me one time about how somebody called the police to your home because you had brown people working there... Why is there no realization of why that happened? Why don't we understand that the right does some real racist shit?

Lanny likes this.
  19. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

If/when they make the news to get on my radar I would do the same thing.

Cant stand mask wearing KKK pussy wannabes cant show thier faces either? Fuck them.

However FROM WHAT IVE SEEN, when White supremists host a rally or march, regardless of their view points being highly suspect to equality amongst humans, they generally start out peaceful and it is protesters protesting them that innitiate conflict.

My opinion? The right is far more racist than the left. But the left is putting violence first to try to spread their ideals. They are also initiating violence on innocent bystanders at times and holding peoples lives and agendas up by stopping traffic, laying in front of cars and such. I have never seen the racist right do any of this.
    Yes the right has a history of this (south east lynchings). but in recent times, the violence initiated that I have seen? has come from the left.

Now. My stance is its a persons right to be racist. Its their opinion and they are entitled to it. The moment you use violence to try to spread your opinion, you lose my support even if I agree with the agenda(which I do not agree with racism of any form)

By @barfo's statements, I can surmise he thinks that Blacks in the South were irresponsibly antagonizing the KKK by not moving away from them. And I just don't buy this "victims hold responsibility for acts of violence brought upon them" BS.

20. barfo

Lots of things might happen. A dump truck might fall into your swimming pool. A supermodel might want to sleep with you.

A rational person assesses the probabilities and acts accordingly. The possibility of Ngo being assaulted at an antifa event is much, much, much higher than you being assaulted for wearing blazers gear.

barfo

Orion Bailey and Lanny like this.