Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Mamba, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

[​IMG]

8/10- Good movie. Its a little slow at times but understandable considering its based on true events and really more of a movie to raise social awareness rather than pure entertainment.

2. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

Iron Man - 10/10.

Great action, story line and I love the Audi R8 he had. I was wishin' I had one too. It was also great to see SLJ at the end as Nick Fury. Can't wait for the second one.

3. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Teeth 8/10

Good movie, scared the shit outta me. But that girl was still sexy as hell.

4. Big Frame

Big Frame Well-Known Member

There will be blood- 1 out of 10 More like there will be shitty acting. I swear everytime the main guy talked I thught he was a cheap ass Tom Selleck wanna be.

5. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Big Frame @ May 12 2008, 03:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>There will be blood- 1 out of 10 More like there will be shitty acting. I swear everytime the main guy talked I thught he was a cheap ass Tom Selleck wanna be.</div>

Could not stand this film.

I watched Speed Racer and Iron Man. Both really good. 9/10's. Speed Racer stayed true to the TOON!

6. zєяσ

zєяσ Truth is beautiful

Ironman=7.5/10
    Not enough action, half the movie seemed prolonged.

7. binz

binz ... Staff Member Global Moderator GFX Team

Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay - 7.9/10
    Good movie, pretty hilarious.

8. Run BJM

[​IMG]

8/10. Pretty fuggin insane. Extremely fascinating how they show you how people become junkies and what the outcome can be. Just crazy.

9. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

[​IMG]

6.5/10

Meryl Streep, Stanley Tucci and Emily Blunt were all very good.

Solid popcorn date movie

10. Real

Real Dumb and Dumbest

Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay-6.5/10

It was alright. Not as good as the first, but worth seeing.

11. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cpawfan @ May 14 2008, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>[​IMG]

6.5/10

Meryl Streep, Stanley Tucci and Emily Blunt were all very good.

Solid popcorn date movie</div>

I saw it too, I'd give it a 7.

Chick Flick of course.

12. Run BJM

[​IMG]

4/10. Maybe I just didn't get it but it was really boring, somewhat confusing, not very intense at all, just generally could not hold my interest. WTF was the point? Why should I care about this crap? I think I may not have given it a fair shake because I wasn't 100% focused on the movie since I wasn't in the theater but godamn this thing was agonizing to watch.

13. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

[​IMG]
    The Great Debaters: 8/10

Solid movie. I love Denzel and he was very good in this role. Forrest Whitaker was also awesome, as usual. However, I was impressed with the young cast in this movie...great acting by the young people.

14. Run BJM

[​IMG]

11/10. Fucking fantastic, anyone who hasn't seen this yet FIND A WAY TO WATCH THIS. Godamnit I loved this movie. The directing was amazing. I love the different styles the director used in the cinematography. Incredible. Acting was surprisingly good considering its a bunch of people you've never heard of and a lot of very young actors (children, teenagers, young adults). They really made you believe it was real. What an amazing movie. The whole movie was in Portuguese with english subtitles but it doesn't hold back the movie at all.

Quick synopsis for those of you who haven't seen it; Its the story of a kid in Ciudade de Deus (translates to "City of God") which is the slums of Rio de Janiero. It begins with him as a young kid about 10-12 years old and he narrates the story of all of the happenings within these slums, how certain gangsters in the area take over and all of the activity that happens with these gangsters. Violence, sex, lots of drugs, murders, robbings, everything you would expect from a bunch of 14-20 year old gangsters who basically run the slums. Most of the story is about what goes on with these people but in the end its ultimately about this gyu who is narrating the story and how he grew up and tried to make it out of "The City". I won't give away what happens but its really a great movie, please see it.

15. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Run BJM @ May 18 2008, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>[​IMG]

11/10. ****ing fantastic, anyone who hasn't seen this yet FIND A WAY TO WATCH THIS. Godamnit I loved this movie. The directing was amazing. I love the different styles the director used in the cinematography. Incredible. Acting was surprisingly good considering its a bunch of people you've never heard of and a lot of very young actors (children, teenagers, young adults). They really made you believe it was real. What an amazing movie. The whole movie was in Portuguese with english subtitles but it doesn't hold back the movie at all.

Quick synopsis for those of you who haven't seen it; Its the story of a kid in Ciudade de Deus (translates to "City of God") which is the slums of Rio de Janiero. It begins with him as a young kid about 10-12 years old and he narrates the story of all of the happenings within these slums, how certain gangsters in the area take over and all of the activity that happens with these gangsters. Violence, sex, lots of drugs, murders, robbings, everything you would expect from a bunch of 14-20 year old gangsters who basically run the slums. Most of the story is about what goes on with these people but in the end its ultimately about this gyu who is narrating the story and how he grew up and tried to make it out of "The City". I won't give away what happens but its really a great movie, please see it.</div>

Agreed, I'd give it a 9.

Depressing ending though.

16. Big Frame

Big Frame Well-Known Member

The new Narnia, 3.5 out of 5
    It was good, If you liked the first one you will like this one. The only problem I had was the ending was kind of like 300 in a kids movie.

17. pegs

pegs My future wife.

High Noon - 8.5/10

The whole movie was suspenseful, all making you wonder what it's all gonna lead up to. The last scene was really cool, the way the sheriff gatted everyone. I thought it was a pretty good movie...could've used more action, but it was nice change from today's movies in the way it was directed.

National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets - 9/10

Just as entertaining as the last one. Very comparable with the last one, actually. I still really liked it thought, and I wanna know what's in that damn president's book!!

The Number 23 - 7/10

Pretty good movie. Really suspenseful, and crazy. Nothing like I'd expected...which was both good and bad. As in, it wasn't the movie I wanted it to be - it could have been better...but it was still pretty good and surprising.

Next up: 28 Weeks Later; Semi-Pro!

18. Mamba

[​IMG]
    I Am Legend: 2/10

This might be one of the stupidest fuckin' movies I've ever seen. He had to kill his dog...there were zombie like creatures...and then the movie is over. God, I want my life back.

19. Mamba

[​IMG]
    Heat: 9/10

I love this movie. De Niro >>>>> *instert name here*

I love the cafe scene. One of the greatest scenes in Film History.

20. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Black Mamba @ May 24 2008, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>[​IMG]
    I Am Legend: 2/10

This might be one of the stupidest fuckin' movies I've ever seen. He had to kill his dog...there were zombie like creatures...and then the movie is over. God, I want my life back.</div>

Wow that totally surprised me, we usually agree on this kind of thing. Yeah the ending is kind of questionable but I enjoyed it overall.