Bogus! Share your traumatic experiences

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by theprunetang, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    All dogs are great dogs if you raise them right.

2. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

Went to dinner with the Grandparents.

Outback steakhouse. Bloomin' Onion followed by ribeye, medium rare. So good.

Then began the 20 minute drive home in traffic... I felt the tremor in my gut just as we got on the metered on-ramp to 205. It was a parking lot.

Then I feel it again. That churn in my gut. I gripped the hand hold on the door and squeezed hard. I was sure I'd leave indents...

Building... I wasn't going to make it...

Going to have to get off at Sunnyside and hope I can talk McDonald's into letting me use the facilities. Squeeze the handhold harder. Push my feet harder into the floor... gurgle...

GPS said there was an object on the road. Now 20 minutes to Sunnyside. I knew I wasn't going to make it...

Grip the hand-hold somehow even tighter. Pretty sure I pressed my feet through the floor board.

Anyway, I ended up making it, but that was the most stressful 20 minute drive I have ever had.

And that was the last Bloomin Onion I ever ate.

BLAZINGGIANTS and theprunetang like this.
  3. theprunetang

theprunetang Shaedon "Deadly Nightshade" Sharpe is HIM

Unexpected diarrhea is very traumatic. Have had my share of scary moments. Haha

4. Lanny

I get Bloomin Onions for free.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  5. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

This would be a curse!

Lanny likes this.
  6. Lanny

With all my medical problems that's practically a daily occurrence. That happened to me four days ago and I was racing to get home. My wife and I had 18 oysters on the half shell. Made it with a full two seconds to spare.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  7. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

The trauma was getting off at Sunnyside, FAMS!

Phatguysrule likes this.
  8. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    I never really suffered with it per say. It just came on suddenly. In fact the doctors couldn’t figure out the issue up until they opened me up on the table. So I’m kinda lucky in that regard.

theprunetang and BLAZINGGIANTS like this.
  9. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    I was in St. Louis one time at Six Flags as a youngster. Ate a shit ton of cherries. The urge to shit came fast as we were walking around the park. It was a hot summer day and I couldn’t find a restroom. Next thing I know I look down and there’s wet, nasty diarrhea running down my leg.

10. Shaboid

Shaboid Well-Known Member

That happened to one of my friends on a school trip to the zoo in 5th grade. I'm sure he could speak here about that traumatic experience.

11. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

I guess I’ve had a fairly trauma free life, at least compared to some of the shitty stuff (and I don’t mean the diarrhea stories) that some folks have had to experience, but one event that shook me to the core and lingered for a surprisingly long time was the assassination of JFK. I was 9 years old and had fully bought into the US as the “shining city on a hill”, and that we were always, good, right and true bullshit. And that was all shattered and disproved in quick moment in time. Even as a goofy 9 year old, I knew there was way more to it than we knew, and that we’d never know the real truth. I pored over the newspapers for at least two years, reading everything I could about the “investigation” and getting a very clear idea that we were being taken for a ride, that we were being fed everything but the truth. I have never had any real respect for, or faith in our government since that day. It was truly a rude awakening for a kid that age……

12. Lanny

I should mention the rocket attacks I endured in combat. I might also mention the human shit I had to burn while over there. How about those giant spiders we saw in the shower.
    One day this story was circulating about how this one small detachment went to bed. In the morning this one guy woke up to find everyone else had their throats cut but this one guy. That scared the ever loving shit out of me and everyone else. That night about 2 hours after lights out out slow moving overhead French fans stopped moving and all the lights went out. Just a few minutes later this one guy starts screaming like he was being killed. We were all undressed with no weapon, they kept out rifles locked up. We all thought it was happening and there was nothing anyone could do. Nobody moved a muscle, we just all waited for the inevitable. Turns out a rat had crawled in this one guy's bunk. I've never been more scared and it must have taken ten years off my life.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  13. Road Ratt

Road Ratt King of my own little world

I am still living through mine. I haven't had an overly traumatic life. Mainly health related issues. I am still recovering from autistic burnout, or maybe I am still slowly burning since this pandemic just won't seem to end. Either way I am still having sensory and sensory processing issues. But they are still slowly becoming less noticeable, but still very bothersome. If only I could sleep I could deal with the rest of the stuff much better.

It has affected me in ways that I couldn't have imagined. My taste just came back about a week ago, and no, no covid here. For me, this is sensory. I wasn't able to taste my food as well as I should have been able to. Heck, up until earlier this year I couldn't sense how hot my food was, so things have gotten a fair bit better. I have been having troubles joining in, and my social filters may be shot, as you lose some of your abilities in this state. It may still be months before I am fully recovered. Ah well, barring any more added to what is already a mess of a year to make me regress, I will recover.

SlyPokerDog, Hoopguru and riverman like this.
  14. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I disagree....there are dogs that are born asssholes just like people but raising a dog right is the ticket if you have one that will allow you to do that....I've seen dogs that you should never trust and it had nothing to do with their raising...it's how they're wired. In most cases I think you're right but not every case. I'll give an example of neighbors I had in the Sierras that raised Dobermans and loved them like children but those female doberman's would eat your toddler if they weren't restrained....yet love their masters unconditionally...my understanding is their brains outgrow their skull capacity as they mature ..a flaw in their hybrid design. Some border collies are known for only being close to one owner and will be aggressive to anyone but that owner...My dart throwing buddy had one I knew for 15 years...never would let me pet her nor come near the guests when we hung out...the owner treated her like a child with nothing but love...she'd bite you if he wasn't around

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  15. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Hope you fully recover from your issues!

Road Ratt likes this.
  16. Stevenson

Stevenson Old School

Writer
    If you wan proof of a second gunman - not that you need it - find the Zapruder film in slo mo. He's hit from the back and is thrown forward, and then hit from the front and thrown back.

17. Lanny

Now, you've gone too far. You're dissing Lassie.

18. riverman

riverman Writing Team

which one? there were about 20 of them to make that show

19. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Because they kept jumping into the well with Timmy instead of going to get help.

barfo

riverman likes this.
  20. Lanny

The one I watched as a little boy.