STELLAR TANKING JOB, JOE!

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by e_blazer, Apr 14, 2024.

1. SharpesTriumph

SharpesTriumph Well-Known Member

I think they're listing it as Portland won the coin flip and got the extra ball, but I believe it hasn't happened yet so that could flip.

2. SharpesTriumph

This thinking reminds me of John Nash passing on CP3 because of Telfair.

Were so far away from contending we don't need to worry at all about fit. Ant was the only player at the start of the year with more than a year of tenure, who knows what this roster looks like in 3-6 years when a rookie we draft is hitting potential.

I mean yeah wings are always nice to have. But if it's a stud big or stud guard much better than other options - take BPA

3. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

4. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

I like Simons but I don't see a scenario where Scoot, Sharpe and Simons makes sense. Gotta deal one of Scoot or Simons.

5. SharpesTriumph

Maybe deal both?

6. C_note

C_note Active Member

Simons might even be a net-negative due to how bad his defense is. Whatever, trade him.

7. AmirIcon

AmirIcon Well-Known Member

Writer, Director, Actor
    I hope someone has a Sabonis situation they'd be willing to give us.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  8. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

his career BPM is -1.5. That's a net negative although he has spent a lot of time playing on bad teams. He was +0.2 this season

9. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

Nah. I would keep Scoot.

BIG Q likes this.
  10. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

You “heard” this?

11. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

well, there are hundreds of hours of sports talk on the radio and on the internet, every day. It's entirely possible to hear things

you might not have been aware of that, but, for instance, if you were working in media in some capacity, and not in a perpetual coma, you would have been

BonesJones and SwissBlazer like this.
  12. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

It's not even a matter of rumor. That's literally what he was traded for before it fell apart because the Celtics didn't have time to wait for the physicals.

13. C_note

C_note Active Member

Folks on here act like Brogdon could've easily fetched a 1st and Cronin chose not to. Lol.

Circumstance matters. The Clippers were more desperate at the time, since it was before they got Harden.
    No one knows what other valuations of Brogdon there were at the deadline around the league.

maxiep likes this.
  14. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

It depends on what direction you want to go in. If you want a full on youth movement you keep both Scoot & Sharpe. If you want to speed the process you look to move Sharpe for more of a developed/more polished player. Question is does this organization really have much of a direction?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
  15. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Don't know who pissed in your cheerios but whatever.

IMO if she would've have sold the team to Phil Knight, Dame would still be here.

She has ran this team into the ground and doesn't seem to care about it IMHO. She didn't go on an exhaustive search for a GM and he's destroyed my favorite team and traded away it's best player ever. I haven't watched a game all season.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  16. C_note

C_note Active Member

So what would've been your plan in 2-3 years when Dame is washed and the team got bounced in the 1st round 3 more years? We obviously had Zero assets to improve them team with Dame on it.

SharpesTriumph, BIG Q and Natebishop3 like this.
  17. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Hunh? You were laughing your ass off at my thought that the Blazers should stop intentionally tanking next year. My comment was responding to that. I think it’s a legitimate question as to how many young players a team can develop at one time. The Blazers have a very young roster as it is, will probably add 2-3 more rookies this summer, but some folks are intent on adding more next offseason.

Fir the record, I am very much in agreement with the idea that the team is long overdue for new ownership.

Natebishop3 likes this.
  18. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

We have serious problems here. 2-3 players under huge albatross contracts that aren't appealing in trades. A horrible GM, Coach, and Owner.

Until this changes, and I mean all of it, we are going to be cellar dwellers. You can expect this level of mediocrity until she folds to Phil Knight by 2028.

Then we'll all be saying what could've been. I've resigned myself to this probability.

Bro, I haven't watched a SINGLE game of my favorite team on the planet. I have never done this. The way she's running this team has sucked the life out of me.

Fan is short for fanatic....

Phatguysrule likes this.
  19. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Who are the albatross contracts?

Simons? I disagree.

Ayton? Sure, maybe. But I think we finally figured out how to use him and I think he could be a top 5 center in the league.

Grant? I think he's paid commensurate with what he brings on the floor. His contract isn't bad and I still think very tradeable because of how few wings there are.

blazerkor likes this.
  20. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

I'm not sure who you think has albatross contracts. I'm not arguing they don't exist, I'm just not seeing them. Jerami's contract looks pretty reasonable given his two way productivity, Ant's also seems reasonable even though he's only a scorer, especially since it's only two more seasons, Deandre's contract is one that the Pacers wanted to give him but the Suns chose to keep him with so that has to be something that we could move without adding draft picks. The only other salary that approaches being "big" is Malcolm and I think he is making the right amount of money for what he brings and his is expiring.

I'm not saying that you get a king's ransom for these guys, I just think all of them are highly moveable with positive value.

Phatguysrule and Natebishop3 like this.