Trade Ideas Thread

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BonesJones, Apr 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    In Portland, Gordon would be Draymond-esque — package Zach and whatever else it would take. Use RoCo as the backup 4/5.

Our defense would take another step in the right direction:

2. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

Hood, Zach and Simons for Gordon at the deadline. Opens up minutes for Giles as consolidates quantity for quality.

LayneStaley and Propagandist like this.
  3. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I'm extremely skeptical that we can keep Giles after this season.

4. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

Hedging it all on the ability to win this season.

5. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    hold your horses. It is completely nonobvious that he will be healthy at all this season.

blazerkor likes this.
  6. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

Harry Giles has always been a stud whenever he could play but he blew out his knee when he was 16 and has done it almost every other year since then. He has also had lingering effects from those injuries that needed surgery like long bouts of soreness that caused a lot of missed games and muscle injuries around his injured knee that also cost him a number of games. If he gets healthy, he'll have a lot of adjusting to do on a roster that might not have a lot of playing time for him. I don't know if we will keep him either but it might be because we don't want him or because there's no room for him to prove himself so he wants to go somewhere he can. I sincerely doubt that any team will pay him good money based on one healthy season. This isn't Zach with a bunch of different random injuries all over the place on his body. This is a guy who has had serious knee issues for a long time.

Looking like a world beater in two scrimmages against your former team isn't that impressive. There's still a lot to find out about Giles before we have to worry about what it would take to keep him. DJJ was a calculated move by Neil and Giles was a flyer... which is also a smart move to make.

Wizard Mentor likes this.
  7. LayneStaley

LayneStaley Well-Known Member

Badass
    Gordon and DJJ would be pretty awesome running the floor together.

8. Rastapopoulos

Rastapopoulos Well-Known Member

Ballin'

9. riverman

riverman Writing Team

CJ for Jerami Grant and Mason Plumlee plus a draft pick ....Detroit needs a guy who can create his shot and we need to shed that CJ contract and fill the roster with positions of need....Plumlee is a good passer and good backup plus he's close with Dame. Grant would be a great pickup..

blazerkor likes this.
  10. GDiama

GDiama Well-Known Member

Regarding our Siakam trade ideas the below is from Athletic. No7+Wiseman seems better than everything we can offer to a rebuilding team. Siakam makes so much sense for Golden State unfortunately and they even have the No.14 pick if 7+Wiseman is not enough.

• Golden State assured itself of an additional first-round pick when Minnesota failed to land in the top 3 on lottery night. The Warriors now have the seventh and 14th picks plus last year’s second overall pick, James Wiseman, and there is a widespread expectation that the Warriors will use No. 7 and Wiseman, in particular, to seek more immediate upgrades to the roster. One name to watch: Pascal Siakam.

11. Natebishop3

I'm a little worried that the Dame trade rumors are going to kill our ability to make moves.

Teams that might have been interested in CJ will now think that they only need to wait it out to have a shot at Dame.

12. glazeduck

glazeduck Well-Known Member

100% going to need to get Dame's "in" or "out" decision before we can (and/or should) do anything...

Cugel and Natebishop3 like this.
  13. tykendo

tykendo Don't Tread On PDX

Man these national media dudes (Colin Cowherd is going off) are jonesing for Dame to get traded out of PDX. Makes me sick. Bernie Fratto of Fox Sports Radio has been the exception. He wants Dame to stay in Portland and try to getter done. It was cool. Colin , and his "I like Portland B.S", while jonesing for a Dame trade out, makes me sick. He's got Smogtown so far up his arse, he can't think. And he's not the only one.

TBpup and Natebishop3 like this.
  14. Natebishop3

To me, if you can get someone like Simmons by trading CJ, you do it regardless of whether Dame is in or out. Simmons is still pretty young and you can use him to start a rebuild. But if I'm Philly, and there are rumors that Dame is unhappy, why would I want to take CJ when maybe I can wait a bit and maybe get Dame?

15. glazeduck

glazeduck Well-Known Member

Agree there. There's a handful of pieces that you can build around even if Dame's not in.

16. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Because anyone with a measurable IQ knows that even if Dame made a public trade demand today, he'd fetch a lot better offers than Simmons.

blazerkor and riverman like this.
  17. Natebishop3

Sure, but three team trades can happen. Who knows dude. I'm just saying if teams feel like there's blood in the water, it makes things more complicated.

18. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

Tired of the Billups chatter/discussion, so am thinking on roster improvement instead. I know most want to see CJ traded. I can honestly see Neil giving that duo one more chance with a new coach, much to all of our dismay. I think if we make a big deal this offseason, it's going to be along the lines of the Jrue deal Milwaukee made last season, sending out their next 3 available picks, plus swaps.

I think Neil knows he likely has one shot at this. If we fail this season, or anything short of a WCF appearance, I imagine he's gone. So what does he care if he trades away future picks that he won't get to use? I can see him offering up Zach and DJJ and 2022, 24, 26 picks, with swaps in 23 and 25. Zach's QO, and DJJ combine to be able to bring back a player making around 20, 21 million. Obviously can throw in others to increase the return $$ amount.

19. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

OK, Neil hired a coach and now he has to trade CJ. He can't wait, we need to trade CJ by the end of the draft and then use our bird rights to re-sign Norm. For what we need, Norm and the value we'll get back from CJ makes more sense than CJ without Norm. If Olshey can buy some time and re-signs Norm before trading CJ, then more power to him and we can see how the group performs under Chauncey but if Norm sounds uncool with playing on a roster with Dame and CJ... get CJ the fuck out of town and bring back a legit forward to pair with RoCo.

For me the time period from now until the draft, is operation trade CJ McCollum. Let's hope Neil gets it done. For the first time since Dame and CJ have been starting together, Neil has not talked up the duo. He said he needs to get in gear and build a team that can honestly contend. So, I'm waiting.

TBpup and UKRAINEFAN like this.
  20. Wizard Mentor

Wizard Mentor Wizard Mentor

Master of Xen Foro
    I'm waiting, too, but the draft isn't for another month!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.