OT ...Trump...beginning of the end?

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by yankeesince59, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

His complaining is becoming too much. Wants to sue Cruz and is threatening the RNC. Maybe he has been a Hillary plant all along. Eventually go Independent and hand her the election by doing so.

Mattingly23NY and Hammerojustice like this.
  2. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Yeah, trump is loud as they say but with the republican establishment stacked against him thats what he needs to do. The recent debate he was complain about was due to him being allotted 20 tickets while the bush and rubio pacs and lobbyists and supporters got the rest which is why loud booing everything trump said and cheers no matter what bush or rubio said. Nothing he says hurts his numbers. He destroyed the field in new hampshire and last poll I saw today winning south carolina by 20 points. As for Jeb's pounding trump on eminent domain theres a story out today that both jeb and his brother did the same thing respectively in florida and texas and jeb's was taking land from a disabled veteran. Their all full of shit. I think trump is gonna be the nominee and will wipe the floor with clinton if she's not in prison or the communist sanders. And schmucky schumer at it again crying that the president has 9 months left and should be able to appoint another justice(god forbid) while they have him on tape today a year and a half before the 2008 election saying that bush should wait till after the election and let new president make the appointment. Trump to me is a breath of fresh air after the recent republican pussy nominees that were put up and failed miserably. Trump takes no shit from any of them and I find that refreshing.

Mattingly23NY likes this.
  3. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...yup, it was either you and I or Tote and I that discussed this possibility awhile back. Trump may end up getting more pissy to the point of "I'm taking my ball and going home" and blowing up the GOP's chances...and as you say, this may have been the Dem's plan of attack all along.

4. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    Rick All Congress needs is the right senator with the right group to form an investigative committee. Of course timing is an issue and with Bernie Sanders as second fiddle that investigation won't happen ....yet.

5. blgridesagain

blgridesagain team player

I think........Trump is playing hardball.......real hardball!
    He has the GOP by the balls, realizes the GOP wants to sabotage him and thus, (imo) going his OWN way in an effort to somehow try and secure (win) the nomination because he truly believes (imo) he's very concerned about where this country is heading and it's not "only about him" but the rest of Prez candidates (especially the Dems) and GOP candidates won't be able to "wheel and deal", nor have the "balls" to get things done as well as he can/will - on the home front AND worldwide. jmho
    Call me naive, so be it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    Godzuki likes this.
  6. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

If Trump continues with his mud slinging dog & pony show he's going to start losing votes. I think people are getting a little tired now of his "My dad can beat up your dad" mentality. The constant insults are just not working in his favor. He's quickly becoming a humorous sideshow. And needs to just start taking the high road if he expects voters to take him seriously. I was a Trump guy in the beginning but lately he's just beginning to bore the hell me.

7. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    What drives me nuts Rick, is Trump's patting of his own back. I mentioned this prior, ie, here's an actual out take of Donald's.
    "I do the deals, I do big deals in Real Estate, you know that, and oh by the way, I do a real good job of it". (give me a fkng break, "genius does not know its own name".)

Great geniuses have the shortest biographies. Their cousins can tell you nothing about them.
    R.W Emerson

Damn it, get humble or get off the platform.....I just don't foresee Trump tending to Seniors, tho' he says he will ensure Social Security is firmly alive. I know this fkr has no clue how the common man lives, ....

8. yankeesince59

...IMO, Trump's mudslinging tactics seem to be his only defense mechanism against his inability to coherently articulate himself on some of the issues like most of the other candidates can...so instead of outlining his "plan" or specifically how his foreign policy might play out for example, he deflects from the crux of the discussion and instead, resorts to being the obnoxious and insulting jerk that he is.

9. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

Trump better be careful....this next election is a turning point and there are a lot of excellent marksmen being disenfranchised. Scalia dying has the 2A folks on Defcon 1.

10. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

Ron my original theory was that Trump was in it to take out walker, Christy and Bush and then throw his votes to Cruz. However my worst case was that he was an Operation Chaos (Limbaugh plan to swing voters between hill and Obama in '08 to drag out dem primary) candidate designed to 3rd party the field and hand the election to the Dems.

Trump supporters I know are reality TV junkies with no real understanding of the world or politics. Scary stupid people that should not be allowed to vote....let alone breed.

11. Mattingly23NY

not even breed with sheep....? baaaahhhhh...!~~!

I'd say ya' nailed it Tote....~!

12. Mattingly23NY

http://www.businessinsider.com/dona...-visas-to-import-at-least-1100-workers-2015-7

Donald Trump is staking his run for U.S. president in part on a vow to protect American jobs. But this month, one of his companies, the elite Mar-a-Lago Club resort in Florida, applied to import 70 foreign workers to serve as cooks, wait staff and cleaners.

A Reuters analysis of U.S. government data reveals that this is business as usual in the New York property magnate's empire.

Trump owns companies that have sought to import at least 1,100 foreign workers on temporary visas since 2000, according to U.S. Department of Labor data reviewed by Reuters. Most of the applications were approved, the data show.

Nine companies majority-owned by Trump have sought to bring in foreign waitresses, cooks, vineyard workers and other laborers on temporary work-visa programs administered by the Labor Department.

The candidate's foreign talent hunt included applications for an assistant golf-course superintendent, an assistant hotel manager and a banquet manager.

Two of his companies, Trump Model Management and Trump Management Group LLC, have sought visas for nearly 250 foreign fashion models, the records show.
    Reference
    :-
    http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/trump-companies-import-foreign/2015/08/01/id/664952/

13. Mattingly23NY

Here are five facts about the unauthorized immigrant population in the U.S.

1- There were 11.3 million unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. in 2014. The population has remained essentially stable for five years, and currently makes up 3.5% of the nation’s population. The number of unauthorized immigrants peaked in 2007 at 12.2 million, when this group was 4% of the U.S. population.

2- Mexicans make up about half of all unauthorized immigrants (49%), though their numbers have been declining in recent years. There were 5.6 million Mexican unauthorized immigrants living in the U.S. in 2014, down from 6.4 million in 2009, according to preliminary Pew Research Center estimates.

3- Six states alone account for 60% of unauthorized immigrants — California, Texas, Florida, New York, New Jersey and Illinois. But the distribution of the population is changing. From 2009 to 2012, several East Coast states were among those with population increases, whereas several Western states were among those with population decreases. There were seven states overall in which the unauthorized immigrant population increased: Florida, Idaho, Maryland, Nebraska, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Virginia. Meanwhile, there were 14 states in which the population decreased over the same time period: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Mexico, New York and Oregon. Despite a decline, Nevada has the nation’s largest share (8%) of unauthorized immigrants in its state population.

4- Unauthorized immigrants make up 5.1% of the U.S. labor force. In the U.S. labor force, there were 8.1 million unauthorized immigrants either working or looking for work in 2012. Among the states, Nevada (10%), California (9%), Texas (9%) and New Jersey (8%) had the highest shares of unauthorized immigrants in their labor forces.

5- About 7% of K-12 students had at least one unauthorized immigrant parent in 2012. Among these students, about eight-in-ten (79%) were born in the U.S. In Nevada, almost one-in-five students (18%) have at least one unauthorized immigrant parent, the largest share in the nation. Other top states on this measure are California (13%), Texas (13%) and Arizona (11%).

Note: This is an update of a post originally published on Nov. 18, 2014.
    http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/11/19/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/04/u...off-at-disney-train-foreign-replacements.html

Instead, about 250 Disney employees were told in late October that they would be laid off. Many of their jobs were transferred to immigrants on temporary visas for highly skilled technical workers, who were brought in by an outsourcing firm based in India. Over the next three months, some Disney employees were required to train their replacements to do the jobs they had lost.

14. Mattingly23NY

15. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Trump kicks ass again tonight in south carolina and jeb drops out. Cruz and rubio having champagne celebrations for finishing 2nd and 3rd. Somebody needs to tell them if you don't win you lose.

16. Mattingly23NY

"First is the worst, second is best".
    "Two is better than One".
    "The Deuce is loose".
    :smiley-laugh:

17. yankeesince59

...Trump's overall numbers are still lower than they were earlier...and in proportion, as others drop out, Trump's numbers/lead with also be reduced.

18. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Amazingly, at this point Trump will either need to drop out or get screwed out of the nomination. No GOP candidate who has won both New Hampshire and South Carolina has gone on to not get the nomination. If there's any chance Cruz and Rubio can not both stay on the ticket. It would have to be one of them going up against Trump but it doesn't look like either of them would drop out anytime soon.

19. yankeesince59

20. yankeesince59

...I can see Cruz or Rubio eventually withdrawing from the race and swaying their voters away from Trump.