OT ...Trump...beginning of the end?

Discussion in 'New York Yankees' started by yankeesince59, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

They're both too busy having celebrations for finishing in second and third place. They forget the delegate situation on the GOP side is not like the ridiculous system they rigged to just about ensure Hillary's nomination.

2. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

...^^^ Yeah, this is already the strangest campaign I can remember.

3. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

IA, NH, SC and NV are all about narrowing the field...16 now down to 5. But really it's a 3 person horse race and Kasich a distant fourth who can only try to influence the convention by staying in to try and win OH and MI.

Cruz and Rubio are celebrating because the donors are coalescing to them. It takes Trump money to run a campaign and they rightly have earned it.

Trump is at a ceiling of <33% in 96% white SC. Sorry but that doesn't win in a 3 horse race. His mud slinging doesn't work on a small stage. He's got a core following of sheep but that's it. 2/3 of the voters will not vote for him as per exit polls.

Now add to that the bomb shell reports that will be unleashed on Trump if he manages to win the nomination....how this guy has stayed out of prison is amazing.

4. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

Hell the same can be said about the lying bitch on the other side. Yeah..................we're in trouble.

5. MuskyHunter1

MuskyHunter1 Member

God help us all if Clinton gets in.

6. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
  7. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Thats assuming somehow that as candidates drop out somehow trump picks up none of their votes? People like a winner. Trump started his political career 7 months ago and he is kicking the shit out of these lifetime political hacks. He has a genius IQ and he is learning and getting better every day.

8. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

The only problem with that theory is that trump will have dirt on everyone else too and as he has showed already he doesn't take shit and will get down and as dirty as he needs to.

9. yankeesince59

...No, I didn't say Trump would not pick up "any of their votes"...I said, "in proportion, as others drop out, Trump's numbers/lead with also be reduced"...and they will.

...and if he were truly "learning and getting better", he should have learned by now that constantly being so bombastic and so abrasive and so polarizing, it will eventually catch up with him.

10. yankeesince59

...looks like "Super Tuesday" (March 1) will give us a better picture of things.

11. blgridesagain

blgridesagain team player

Third straight win for Trump coming in a northeastern state, a southern state and a western state-
    He won virtually every demographic in all three states including Ted Cruz' "Evangelicals". lol

And once again, he repeated in Nevada what he said after South Carolina:
    "The pundits, you know, the geniuses will once again say I won't be getting my share of the voters from a couple of the other guys if they drop out".
    (crowd laughs)

Cruz needs to win Texas with at least 50% of the vote to win the lion's share of the State's delegates or he's close to being cooked!
    And as of now, Trump's poll numbers are very dangerously close to him.
    Trump is polling very well in most of the other Super Tuesday States including (currently) having an edge in Ohio over Gov Kasich and leading Rubio in his home state of Florida.
    Unless most of these favorable consistent across the board Trump demographic results drastically change, it could get late very early for the rest of the field.
    Interesting to note- in the first state Nevada which had "a few" Hispanics, he also won their vote while two other candidates of Hispanic heritage were also running in the race.
    My opinion- it's as simple as this:
    Credit to the American people (including the Indepedents who voted for him in N.H) The people have been waiting for an alpha male to step forward who doesn't take any shit, exudes confidence, patriotism and competency - and they don't really give a shit when he becomes pugnacious and abrasive, he is saying and BELIEVES what many Americans/politicians have been afraid to say out of fear of being called "mean" or "nasty" or "racist".......... He (imo) is, and will continue to communicate and connect with the people and this will include many many more moderates, Reagan Democrats, Independents, regular working class, minorities than Rubio or Cruz in a general election vs Hillary or Sanders....and he WILL ALSO get enough "conservatives" to come out for him vs Hillary or Sanders.

There's still a ways to go - still another debate coming up.....unless he totally embarrasses himself in the debate and a shocking negative Trump surprise arrives from now until Super Tuesday, it's simply his race to lose........and make no mistake, he will trivialize and reduce Hillary or Sanders to joke status when he faces them head to head with some good old fashioned tough, sarcastic stinging to-the-point NYC-style comments......then he will soundly demonstrate the difference between someone who is effective, doesn't play the rich against the poor card, or tries and divides with race.....even the Hispanic Americans know darn well we have to check and control our borders...and THEY also respect strength and honesty from a "leader".
    Close your eyes and imagine......who do you think is better capable and prepared to boost the economy, create jobs, be business friendly and also be a better negotiator and project American strength on the world stage?

The answer is plain to see......IMHO, lol

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  12. Skinnyhead

Skinnyhead New Member

The fact that mainstream media is terrified of Trump tells me something. And the American people are starting to see it. For decades, the public has been played by the media feeding into the cozy little relationship that the government has had with them. Trump isn't playing into it. America needs Trump. He can not be controlled by the media and he doesn't seem to need their support. Things might actually change if Trump gets into office, as opposed to the nonsense we've been getting from the crooks who've been living it up at our expense since the 70's.

JFizzleRaider likes this.
  13. yankeesince59

...don't see Congress and Trump as a formula for success.

14. Rick2583

This could get really scary.

15. yankeesince59

...I really don't know what to make of it...almost seems like this whole thing was scripted in order to get Hillary in the white house... and I will be a very unhappy camper if that happens.

16. Rick2583

Me too Ron, I mean seriously how could the american people ever trust someone who's incapable of telling the truth.

17. yankeesince59

18. totus44

totus44 Lord of the Dark Side

The play is now for an open convention. If you don't have 1237 delegates and the first BALLOT fails, then those delegates are free to vote for anyone....candidate or not, meaning Romney or Ryan could be relevant.

DFT isn't getting the nomination because he can't seal the deal and carry 50%+1. Sorry Trumpians, you're fired.

Mattingly23NY likes this.
  19. Mattingly23NY

Mattingly23NY Turning Fastballs Into Souveneir's ~

Ret. Quality OPS/Engr. Mgr.
    (naive reply here):

"Why I make the deals, big deals, ya' know, I'm into real estate, and I make the big deals, I mean big deals, with China and Mexico, and by the way, I'm pretty good at it". To Paraphrase Trump himself, and I'm getting tired of hearing it too....

20. yankeesince59

...I prefer the term "Trumptards".