Exclusive Woj - Anthony Davis has Requested a Trade.

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Portland2014, Jan 28, 2019.

1. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    The KD thing man, my problem with that, is he had that team beat and people can play WB all they want but KD choked hard too the last 3 games of that series. Then after HE choked it away said whelp I cant beat em so ill join em.

TBpup and hoopsjock like this.
  2. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

The contract is being honored. It’s been traded. They’re still getting the full consideration of the contract. You know that going in. When a guy demands a trade, he’s not really fulfilling his side of things. He’s not living up to the expectations and performance of the contract by killing his value.

3. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Id actually be sort of ok with that. Make GM’s think before offering guys 4-5 year deals. I generally think you should honor a deal, with few exceptions I was never implying the teams shouldnt need to either.

4. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

If the Lakers are able to build a super team this summer I will immediately support GS. I would rather see the Warriors keep winning until LeBron retires.

5. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

well sure, players can demand no-trade clauses but no team would sign them. Teams could demand that players keep their mouths shut till the end of their contract, but no player would sign that. So then legally the contract allows for the team to trade players, and the same contract doesn't prohibit players from asking to be traded. Teams can jerk the player around by shopping him in a trade. Players can jerk the team around by asking to be traded and hurting a team's leverage. Seems like a fair balance because neither side has to strictly adhere to the original intent

Mote and RR7 like this.
  6. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

At some point, players figured out that it was in their selfish interest to sabotage their own trade value.

If AD gets traded to Portland for CJ, Nurk, and several 1sts he is no closer to winning a ring than he was in NO. He doesn't want the team he is traded to to weaken themselves! He wants them to give up the least amount of talent possible.

7. BLAZINGGIANTS

The difference is that teams let the players’ performance and related contract determine the value in the marketplace. A player demanding a trade is similar to a team shitting on a player publicly so nobody wants to sign him. The latter doesn’t happen nearly as much as the former.

TBpup likes this.
  8. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon Just to piss you off.

Boom! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

TBpup and Chris Craig like this.
  9. Dom McBlazer

Dom McBlazer Well-Known Member

Any disagreement to this post is tantamount to treason.

TBpup likes this.
  10. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

11. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
    You will NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER see Dame doing that to his teammates.

12. JoshuaHall

JoshuaHall Well-Known Member

100% this.

LMA royally fucked us. He set the franchise back equally as bad as any of Neil’s contracts, maybe more, considering small market teams REALLY can’t let players of that caliber walk for nothing.

He left us holding the bag, big time. We could’ve got a huge return for him.

I believe this is why some people on this very forum at the time were screaming to trade his ass before we got screwed.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  13. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Gotten just as far in the playoffs without him as they did with him. Did he really set the franchise back? Were they WCF or championship bound with him?

14. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    heh, wrong thread :)

bodyman5000 and 1 likes this.
  15. JoshuaHall

Yes, they did, which is exactly why him leaving held us back. Because we would’ve had a fuck ton more assets if he told us his true intentions, which makes it easier to build a quality team or swing deals.

Losing him, as a player, was beneficial in my opinion. Too negative. Weak mind. But say we just had TWO additional first round picks... you don’t think that makes a HUGE difference, particularly given the state of the franchise now? 1) Could’ve hit on that pick. 2) could’ve attached pick to get out of bad contract.

Losing him as an ASSET, was not beneficial and certainly held us back. We could’ve accumulated serious assets instead of...nothing.

There is no doubt in my mind if we traded him at the deadline, we would’ve gotten SERIOUS assets to help shape our roster moving forward.

Probably would’ve made some other trades on top of that.

16. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Yes and no, losing a guy doesn't mean you got nothing for them. Especially if they were going to demand a huge contract. Neil for all the crap he takes did a great job that summer of using the cap space free'd up by LMA to get decent young players and assets. What they got was like 25M to use to sign guys.

I get that it sucks what LMA did, but it's kind of impossible to know what happens if they trade LMA what they would have gotten if that would've been better or worse. Lots of 1st round picks end up being busts. I get your point. I think what he did saying he wanted to be here, be the best Blazer ever and then leaving. I just don't think it turned out all that bad and I have no way of knowing if trading him would've turned out "better", do I think it may have? Yeah I suppose.

17. JoshuaHall

They would’ve still had that 25 million PLUS assets.

Trade LMA for expiring contracts + picks.

Also, any Blazer fan knows damn well cap space isn’t worth a damn in this market.

Yes, it’s impossible to know exactly what we would’ve gotten for him, but given he didn’t publicly demand a trade, we could’ve at LEAST gotten one singular pick. I’d wager a lot more.

For me, it’s impossible for it to turn out worse. In my opinion, you’re pretty much arguing that New Orleans should just say, “eh... we’ll keep AD and let him walk so we can have cap space.”

They would be quite stupid to not trade him for at least one pick, even straight up, if that were the case.

18. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    If they traded LMA the only way they get that 25m + assets is if they had traded for expirings. They wouldve had to take back salary?

I mean i get what you’re saying. I just dont think it was all that devastating. Mightve been.

19. JoshuaHall

PS. Am I the only one who thinks New Orleans playing hardball is gonna completely screw them?

All Anthony Davis needs to do is tell Boston this summer he won’t play there. They won’t offer a treasure trove for someone who refuses to take a physical, for instance.

-> Pretty sure Austin Rivers told Phoenix he wasn’t showing up. What’s preventing AD from doing the same?

20. BLAZINGGIANTS

And then ET does some shit. Smh