Event 2018 NBA Draft

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by BlazerDuckSeahawkFan94, Nov 16, 2017.

1. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    You’ve yet to tell me another team besides one that has won starting two 6’3 guards.
    You notice how when Dame was being guarded by longer guards Rondo and Holliday he was turning the ball over a lot and passes were being deflected a lot more than normal. I don’t get the question? Of course when you’re playing someone a lot longer and taller than you the passing lanes are smaller... The bigger is problem is they are playing two 6’3 guys.

2. Gronk Brady

Gronk Brady Well-Known Member

What so funny... maybe not top 4 but he is one of the best passes ever... dude average 6.5 assist per game as a SF/PF for his career... again you show your lack of basketball knowledge

3. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Dame was being constantly trapped by Anthony Davis, wasn't being used off the ball at all.

If we're talking about having a smaller SG making passing lanes bigger for the other team, that makes sense, but as I said, defense wasn't a problem...

4. BonesJones

Lmao. So you agree with me then say my point shows that I have a lack of knowledge.

5. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    You don’t have to spend much time googling it to find Bird is on a lot of top 10 lists for passers. Sure his assists numbers aren’t as high as a lot pg’s whose job was basically to pass the ball, but he was an unbelievable passer.

Gronk Brady likes this.
  6. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

Just got around to watching Gary Trent Jr. He’s got something that can’t be taught. He’s built for the moment. As for his game, I see a guy that can score multiple ways. Sneaky athleticism. He seems like the type that only uses it when he has to. Roy was the same way. No I’m not comparing him to Roy so relax. But he’s going to be a very good pro. Still young too. Where is he projected to go? If we stood pat, I’d add his name to the mix.

Gronk Brady likes this.
  7. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Ok go play basketball vs someone 3 inches taller than you with a 7-8 inch longer wingspan and pass the ball while they press you. Then do the same vs someone roughly the same size and length. Tell me which ones easier...

Gronk Brady likes this.
  8. Labinot41

Labinot41 Well-Known Member

Is he in our range? What type of Player is he ?

9. BonesJones

Top 10? Maybe. Not Top 4.

10. BonesJones

But we had a near ELITE defense last season so how is C.J. being 6'4 hurting our (top 10) defense so much that he can't be a starting SG on a good playoff team? You're saying that his height is causing a problem on defense when defense isn't a problem. You're argument makes no sense whatsoever.

11. TorturedBlazerFan

Baby Daddy
    Fair enough, sure. I’ll go with that the ranking things are all very subjective.

I haven’t claimed the Blazers can’t win with these two guards just that height can be an issue and they need to either scheme around it or have a lot of length around them.

I haven’t went and looked but I wracking my brain I really can’t think of another team that’s won starting guards of that height, other than Detroit.
    I really wouldn’t mind seeing a new coach see if he’s got a different approach.

12. BonesJones

I actually think he's one of the most overrated players in this draft tbh. Not a good defender, and overrated shooter that doesn't have the quickness or ball handling to create off the dribble. Not much of a passer either even though, at 6'6, he's likely a SG.

13. Pinwheel1

Pinwheel1 Well-Known Member

Tiny Nate Archibald, led the league in assists and scoring in the same season..
    But only when he had great teammates did he win a championship.

BonesJones likes this.
  14. BonesJones

It's just the reasoning as to specific reasons why C.J. and his lack of height makes it impossible for us to contend never make sense. Defensively, we proved otherwise last season. Offensively, C.J. is tremendous even though he's slightly undersized. So I don't see the area where his height is an issue, if we can still be an elite defensive team with him.

And why do people keep lumping Dame in as a small guard? He's 6'3.. that's very solid height for a PG. Dame's not a short PG...

Pinwheel1 likes this.
  15. Gronk Brady

How old are you man? Lol... what is that gonna prove... is Mo Cheeks a better coach than Brad Stevens? Because he was a much better basketball players... I’m 37 man, I spend my time working and making lots of money so I can travel and enjoy life... I don’t play basketball anymore and risk injury. But even if I did, like I said, it proves nothing about basketball knowledge by who plays better in a rec league, hahaha

16. BonesJones

I'm not talking about basketball skill and playing better, I'm talking about knowing how to play (aka knowing the game)... knowing where to be on the court... knowing the right pass to make... knowing when and where to cut... that's all knowledge-based. That's having basketball IQ. It doesn't require skill. But you likely don't know those things while, at the same time, you're trying to tell me I have no basketball knowledge. You're arguing like an idiot when you say stuff like that. You can argue your point but you discredit yourself with your abrasiveness.

17. Gronk Brady

If you think Dame and CJ will ever compete for a title after what you saw this year, you know nothing about basketball

Labinot41 likes this.
  18. BonesJones

"If you don't agree with me, then you know nothing!"

Nice.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  19. Gronk Brady

We will see after the season who knows what... when the Blazers finish with a worse seed than last year and get knocked out in first rd again... then we can pull up these old posts

20. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

He’s not much of a ball handler but I love how he moves off the ball and his post game shows potential as well. He’s already got an ideal SG build, and will only get stronger with time since he’ll still be a teenager as a rookie. I see him as a Dillon Brooks type. I don’t know how he’s overrated since I haven’t seen him mocked any higher than 18.