Game 6 will Panarin ever find his small nuts?

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Rangers94

Rangers94 Well-Known Member

It’s not terribly unlikely as he is worth more than what he has signed here for. But his NMC is why it won’t happen. Really wish we would stop giving those out or at least give players only a limited NMC. Give us 10 teams you won’t go to every year and that’s that. Enough with full NMCs. Beyond stupid and handcuffs us from building a complete team.

2. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

I agree - still an open book on where he will go. But today right now I have not seen much from him to be this guy we all make a big deal out of not playing, or ice time, or the impact he can have on the game. I write that while saying he would have played tonight if I were the coach, but I also don't think it would have really mattered. He has a lot of work to do on his game.

3. NYR Fan

Agreed - that is why it is unlikely 94 - dude has a NMC. That's the point.

4. Rangers94

Kakko’s got injury issues, which is a concern. He has flashes where he shows what he can be, but he’s still not filling out like he should be. He plays like a 0anarin but without the skill. He’s had games where he’s put it together, but not often enough. I don’t have an issue with trading him as he doesn’t seem to fit Gallant and Gallant isn’t going anywhere until after next season (his track record says he will be fired in year 3 which concerns me about our guys regressing back to their norms). Someone is gonna give him an offer sheet though and then our hands are tied.

5. Rangers94

That’s the reason why I half joked to wait and see where Strome goes and try to trade him there.

NYR Fan likes this.
  6. NYR Fan

In the right deal, for a proven big # 2 C, I deal Chytil and/or Kakko for sure. We have plenty of wingers. Need a C.

As for players regressing to the norm, who exactly are we talking about? Kreider, yeah that one is clear. But even still I think we get 35 from him, and at $6.5M per that is good.

But who else? Panarin always scores a ton of points. Z had a Z type season. Fox has done it back to back years. I don't see this as a bunch of players having career years. If anything I think Miller and Lafreniere have way more to give, and will starting next season.

7. Messiah717

Messiah717 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

How the hell does Kreider have another game without a shot on goal?

NYR Fan likes this.
  8. NYR Fan

This fatigue thing is angering me now. This is the ECF - look in the mirror for why we went 7 and 7. Good for Z saying nothing to do with fatigue. Gallant and the MSG guys playing into it, is a joke.

9. NYR Fan

We saw a lot more disappearing Kreider in the playoffs. That is his norm. I expect him to be that guy next season. Score in the 30's. More in line with usual Kreider.

10. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

Gallant is a fucking loser. He did some good things but at the end of the day, he got bailed out by Igor having an amazing season, and Kreider having an unbelievable season. Drury made the team better after the trade deadline. Gave him a better team and he still fucked it up. Hire Messier back in some capacity and give him a bigger role in the organization. You need winning leadership in this organization. Gallant has won jack shit as a player or as a coach.

11. Messiah717

It's ridiculous. They went up 2-0, were leading 2-0 in game three and suddenly were tired?

NYR Fan likes this.
  12. Stepupstepan

Stepupstepan Well-Known Member

You already have Drury who has been a winner then you add Mess.

13. Messiah717

Then might as well get rid of Drury if you want that shadow over him.

14. NYR Fan

One thing I agree with you on regarding Gallant Step, I did not like his presser at all. That was a loser presser on his part. Blaming fatigue, not really answering questions, he needs to do much better than that. I'll give him a break right after the game, but that was a really weak effort by Gallant, and makes me question him a bit.

15. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    What do you want him say..he said exactly what everyone on here was saying..they looked a step behind..they looked flat..they looked tired

16. NYR Fan

Sorry but I completely disagree with this. Say what Z said, this is the ECF, nothing to do with fatigue. Not I'm so happy you brought that up, because we were tired and it caught up to us. That is a big reason our O went to sleep. That is loser excuse talk - it just is.

And flat and tried in the ECF, man the F up. Coach them out of it. Now I am getting angry, because loser oh I am tired talk is a joke. Youngest team in the playoffs, in he ECF, and we whine about fatigue. Do better coach.

17. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

How long before we hear about what injury Fox is having fixed this off-season? A week?

18. NYR Fan

Yeah, sure there are a few guys. Every team always has a couple after they get eliminated.

Maybe Strome and Goodrow also.

19. NYR Fan

And I am not saying the team wasn't worn down, or beat up, they were, but welcome to the NHL playoffs. TB has played 700 playoff games the past 3 seasons, they are pushing through. Youngest team in the playoffs. Is that why Panarin had two even strength points in 13 games? Give me a break. Man up and don't make excuses. Weak.

20. BigDaddyAl1973

BigDaddyAl1973 Well-Known Member

Accountant
    Pretty sure people were talking about rust as an excuse and how tampa wasn't aharp..well if that's a legit excuse playing 20 high intensity games in 40 days is an excuse too.
    What ever...I predicted tampa in 6..not because of anything but the fact they simply have more experienced winners.