I love this team

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Bruno_Sabino, May 16, 2019.

1. illmatic99

illmatic99 formerly yuyuza1

same principle.

hoopsjock and B-Roy like this.
  2. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Darn--I was hoping you would joke that that's more palatable than other fans criticizing your Blazers.

I mean--surely your relationship with the Blazers is older than your marriage!!

hoopsjock, Chris Craig, B-Roy and 2 others like this.
  3. TBpup

TBpup Writing Team

Investment Management / Financial Planner
  4. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    It would be it it were. But it's not.

5. riverman

riverman Writing Team

the drama people have taken over the forum for two years...game threads have become unbearable...fucking king of the mountain arguments are childish and boring...but hey...some folks call that fandom...I call it angst...some folks just seem to live to suck the joy out every damned game win or lose. Chief gets 9 and 6 in the first half and there's a giant meltdown when he misses a shot. Not even CJ gets that kind of hate for missing shots. Some forum members come to cheer and honestly, it's not a supportive environment for that these days....fans are "Stotts apologists" not Stotts supporters …...Even with a million fire Stotts threads, it carries into every thread on the boards....personally I find it less than entertaining. Supporting the team is not being "self righteous" but really, drama is not stemming from that camp. I love this team, like the coach and fuck anyone who has a problem with that...we're in the WCF for Christs sake...enjoy the ride

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  6. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

That’s a reasonable take as well. I use the game thread to vent my frustrations during the game because I’m way more emotional during the game and need somewhere to vent. I try not to engage in actual discussion during a game. I’m not rational nor do I expect others to be rational in that state.

7. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    I actually do feel bad for how annoyed I was last night and even this morning, you're probably right. I can't speak for others and how they're feeling but I didn't handle it as well as I should, and for guys like you (whom I really respect) I apologize for being dramatic.

Dougnsalem, riverman and gatorpops like this.
  8. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

I don’t see why you should apologize for being a fan. It’s not like your posts are directed at the poster. I roll my eyes at some of the extremists around here. Sometimes I’m the extremist. But I would never think they need to apologize for being brash. We’re all fans, the fanaticism just comes out in different ways.

hoopsjock likes this.
  9. TorturedBlazerFan

TorturedBlazerFan Well-Known Member

Baby Daddy
    It's mainly because I don't want other posters/fans experiences to be negatively affected by me being crazy.

10. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

Blazer fans are just like their team....too nice. You would never see this type of behavior from a Rockets fan. Maybe that’s why our team has been a punching bag in the playoffs for so long.

11. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I never have a problem with any of your posts TBF....you are polite and civil...more should learn from your temperament....it's the ego driven snark that I think is over the top

12. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Tell that to Denver and OKC!

Dougnsalem likes this.
  13. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

I agree. We are without our second or third best player, and our best defender and still we have managed to get to conference finals and stayed competitive in the game last night. I'm confident we would have won with Nurk in the team last night and would have probably made the entire series competitive.

Being one of the 4 best teams in the NBA is a huge achievement, make no mistakes about it. You can have a great season without winning the title and we are making steps in the right direction.

We have elevated ourselves to a much higher level this season and let's build on that going forward.

14. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    Awesome post and I agree 500%. I seldom if ever post in the game threads, but might cruise through them after the game and it's embarrassing how some of these fans react to every single play and how they treat certain players.

Wade Garrett, THE HCP and riverman like this.
  15. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

I guess with me being married with 2 kids that play year round sports, I just don’t have enough time to let this stuff piss me off as a lot on here. I’m at my neighborhood STARBUCKS right now and have had 3 or 4 people come up and just go off at how horrible last night was and how it has ruined there day today and this and that. Maybe if I didn’t have so much going on in my life, I’d have the time to freak out more. Ya, I was frustrated after the game, but the FAMS sat down and played some UNO at the kitchen table, and things were all good. And as far as the game threads go, thats no man’s land for me. There is no right or wrong way to be a fan though. #OnToTheNextOne

16. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    The problem with the game threads is that it's easy to get caught up in all the negativity with the main instigators getting the rest of masses fired up. There is no way I could ever enjoy a game if I was reading that BS while the game is going on. There are plays in all games that I like and there are those that I don;t like, but I have no control over it so I root the team on to do better but also keep a level head and don't take it personally how the game is going and trust me, I hate to lose as much as the next guy but have learned to contain and control my emotions. Blazers are part of my family and no way would I ever speak about anyone in my family the way some of those posters talk about our coaches, GM's and players.

17. Wade Garrett

Wade Garrett Exactly right.

TBF, I knew you from the other place.
    Dude, you're one if the best.

kjironman1, TBpup and PtldPlatypus like this.
  18. kjironman1

kjironman1 Well-Known Member

Don't you know it!

THE HCP likes this.
  19. B-Roy

B-Roy If it takes months

People need to understand this and stop getting mad over how others display their fandom. I need to do this more as well.

PHXBlazer1, hoopsjock and THE HCP like this.
  20. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I was going to like this post, but noticed that you were at your neighborhood Starbucks. #Sellout

PHXBlazer1 and THE HCP like this.