Knicks Fact or Fiction.

Discussion in 'New York Knicks' started by Knicks Analyst, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Knicks Analyst

Knicks Analyst JBB ? Israel ?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Henacy:</div><div class="quote_post">

Fact or Fiction- Lenny Wilkens lasts the whole season as Knicks coach even if the Knicks dont show any improvements early, after thier off season willing & dealing.</div>
    Fiction. As soon as Isiah see's that little window of oppurtunity he'll make a run for it. I think that Isiah will be the coach by the end of the season. I'm not confident though.

Fact or Fiction- Bruno Sundov makes the team.

2. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Fiction, I dont think Bruno Sundov is good enough to make the team. Isaiah is familiar with him and cut him last season on a 10 day contract.

Fact or Fiction:signing crawford to $55 million was a mistake

3. GjonC

GjonC JBB JustBBall Member

No way! watch youll see what crawford will do in his upcoming years.

Fact or Fiction:marbury retires a knick

4. Henacy

Henacy JBB The Man like Sam

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GjonC:</div><div class="quote_post">No way! watch youll see what crawford will do in his upcoming years.

Fact or Fiction:marbury retires a knick</div>

Fact. Despite the fact that Marbury doesnt last anywhere longer then a couple of seasons, I think being with the Knicks, is the 1st place that can really benefit Marbury's growth(other then staying and growing with KG of course). The Knicks have a coach and a GM, who can both relate to what it takes being a high caliber piont guard, they are going to be able to walk him threw different situations, in the next season or two, that will help with his growth as a team player. Marbury being a New Yorker is good for the Knicks box office #, it brings a certain excitement to the garden, so I see no reason to change the lead guard position in the future, if Marbury's team game & leadership grows under Thomas and Wilkens.

Fact or Fiction-Allan Houston and Jamal Crawford can both exist on the Knicks without creating chemistry problems/disputes over playing time.

5. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Fact: Houston is looking to be Crawford's mentor and he realizes his reduced role is for the best of the team.

Fact or Fiction: The Knicks will win the season opener v.s. the T'wolves

6. Knicks Analyst

mrj18-
    Fiction. Minnesota is simply the better team. Beating them would be a great way to kick off the season especially against Spree. But Minnesota didn't make too many changes in the off-season and have a chemistry where as the Knicks are yet to develop a chemistry. If the Knicks hadn't done that IDIOTIC trade for TT, then we would have a MUCH better team.

Van Horn was a great fit in New York, he really played correctly. He cared about winning in New York and he along with Marbury worked out their differences and built up a chemistry together which would grow and make other outside shooters like Doleac much better. If we hadn't traded Van Horn the Knicks would be MUCH better off. Tim Thomas doesn't have it in him, he can't play the game wiht intensity, New Yorkers like me DEMAND some intensity.

Fact or Fiction- The Knicks will reach the All-Star break with a comfortable lead in the division.

7. sneballa7

sneballa7 JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction: the celtics,76ers and net might give the knicks problems IMO

Fact or Fiction: Marbury and Crawford will get along well and have good chemistry with SAR if Houstan gets traded

8. LebronKINGJames

LebronKINGJames JBB JustBBall Member

fact- if they want to win...they got to get along

f/f- trading houston is smart??

9. Knicks Analyst

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting antawnNwizards3:</div><div class="quote_post">
    f/f- trading houston is smart??</div>
    Isnt it an obvious fact? Why not seize the oppurtunity to rid yourself of a horrible contract and getting a former all-star with a career averages of 20.1 PPG, 8.2 RPG, 1.08 SPG, and nearly 3 APG? It's ridiculous that some people think it's a bad deal for NY! I mean, come on. this would make us legitimate contenders?

10. jbbPrimetime

jbbPrimetime JBB JustBBall Member

^ you forgot to post a question.... anyways, here is one

Fact or Fiction: Marbury is going to have the best season of his career.

11. glendaleMVP

glendaleMVP JBB JustBBall Member

Fact. Marbury will have a great season and the Knicks will go deep this year into the playoffs and make a run for the Finals.

Fact or Fiction: (I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet) The Knicks will go to the NBA Finals.

12. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Fiction: As much as I love the Knicks I think that they still have more work to do before we can talk about the finals. But, we are on the right track. Maybe in 2-3 years we can start talking about the finals.

Fact or Fiction: Will the Knicks get rid of all of Laydens players by the deadline?

13. jbbPrimetime

Fiction.... their values are not very high.... but I guess with Isiah you never know.... but I still say no, not by the trade deadline.

Fact or Fiction

Micheal Sweetney will play his first 3 years in the Knicks uniform?

14. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

I'm going to have to say fiction. I think Isaiah Thomas will let his ego get the best of him and trade him just because he is one of Layden's players. I would hate for him to leave though he has a bright future!

Fact or Fiction: The Knicks will get Wally Sczerbiak.

15. TnNeG

TnNeG NFLC nflcentral.net Member

fiction, we dont need him, hes just another shooter with a bloated contract...

Fact or Fiction: Mike Sweetney is the Knicks future?

16. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Mike Sweetney is the Knicks future. He will turn into an Elton Brand like player and a our best big man since Patrick Ewing. I just hope he doesn't trade him. Ariza will also be a part of the knicks future. Maybe a Kobe and Shaq kind of combo :P . Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit but him and Ariza are the Knicks future.

Fact or Fiction: Allan Houston will not be a knick before the deadline

17. jbbPrimetime

Ariza is a long shot, I wouldnt count on him to become a figure head for the New York Knicks in terms of leading this team, though I do have high hopes for Mike Sweetney, anyways, I say:
    Fiction

Allan Houston will be a Knick all season long, a season where he plays over 65 games and solid scoring average of over 17ppg could make him that more tradeable in the next off-season.... I just dont think his trade value is a high now, as it can be after a full NBA season with decent numbers.

Fact or Fiction: Lenny Wilkens the right guy for the Head Coaching job.

18. slicknick33

slicknick33 JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction, I think there are other Qualified guys out there that might end up taking the job if not this season the next...

F/F- Jamal Crawford and Starbury will be mentioned as the best backcourt tandem in the NBA for years to come(starting after this season)

19. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

Fact Marbury is one of the best pg's in the game and Jamal Crawford is only going to get better. He dropped 50 pts last season. That usually shows potential. I'll say by 2006 he'll put up 21points 5rebs and 6assists.

Fact or Fiction: Marbury will make someone else fall before he retires (couldn't think of anything esle)

20. VintageNYK

VintageNYK BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mrj18:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact Marbury is one of the best pg's in the game and Jamal Crawford is only going to get better. He dropped 50 pts last season. That usually shows potential. I'll say by 2006 he'll put up 21points 5rebs and 6assists.

Fact or Fiction: Marbury will make someone else fall before he retires (couldn't think of anything esle)</div>

Of course. I mean, he made Tony Parker and Yao Ming fall already in his career, so why not another victim? :P

Fact or Fiction: With some motivation from the Collins incident in the playoffs, will TT get some drive and finally live up to his "potential"?