Politics Pelosi vs. "The Squad"

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by PtldPlatypus, Jul 11, 2019.

1. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...losi-isolates-them/ar-AAE962s?ocid=spartandhp

I try not to pay too close of attention to politics, because it's just depressing most of the time, but this is an interesting development.

Really looks like the old guard--Pelosi specifically, but I presume she's acting in concert with the powers that be in the party as a whole--are threatened by the burgeoning popularity of these young, hyper-progressive newcomers.

And not surprisingly, AOC has taken it from just a political issue to a racial one as well

In advance of the coming election season, this growing divide seems that it could become a significant issue for a party that seems to have all the momentum heading toward the 2020 race.

2. Road Ratt

Road Ratt King of my own little world

Pelosi is almost as big of a doorstop to change in America as McConnell is. All they want is their parties compliance, just to put on a show of solidarity.

The left isn't the only party with internal problems. Just the other day Justin Amash left the GOP, though he isn't the first nor will he be the last during this administration. And let's not forget what Ann Coulter has to say about Trump: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...rgency_is_that_our_president_is_an_idiot.html

Ann Coulter: "The Only National Emergency Is That Our President Is An Idiot"

It seems to me that currently, the left and the right are both "fractured".

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  3. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Pelosi is the consummate strategist. I'm not going to second guess her.

4. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

I hope that's true. I certainly can't make out her strategy right now, but let's hope it's a good one.

barfo