Weight loss help/advice

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Rhal, May 12, 2013.

1. Stevenson

Stevenson Old School

Writer
    Obesity runs in my family, and I am by no means close to that, but losing and keeping 30 lbs off has been a challenge my whole adult life. I have tried many things -- WW, Atkins, Jenny Craig, etc.

BY FAR the best diet I have found, the easiest, quickest, and most effective, is called hcg. It is a medical weight loss plan, recently endorsed by Dr Oz, and has worked wonders for me.

Anyone else use it?

2. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

^Details?

3. Rhal

Rhal Well-Known Member

UPS
    The comments in this thread have been very helpful and have given me a lot of ideas. This is my first week of trying to get into shape so I spent monday writing everything down and coming up with schedule that I have faith I can keep.I first came up with a schedule for what i'll be eating and drinking(mostly water but i'v got MiO energy for my daily caffeine intake). Set the calorie intake at 1800 to start out with an have set up 5 meals a day, 3 actual meals and 2 snacks, and prepared the work week meals in advance. Breakfast is Yogurt and i'v seen a lot of people mention oatmeal so i'm going to give that go with some fresh Berries in it. The snacks are either a bag of fresh veggies or fresh fruit and for this week at least its lot of chicken with steamed broccoli for lunch. I'v figured that if i'm going to start eating better then I should make it so everything I eat I wouldn't mind giving my Daughter. That means i'll be cutting out Soda/most carbs/anything processed which will be the first big hurdle to take because I do not eat that healthy at all.

My daughter loved doing the Fitness test on Insanity with me today so i'm hoping she will enjoy working out with me in the morning before I drop her off at her grandparents, that will give something for just me and her to do as well as make it easier to get a workout in before work. I'm a little to heavy to start out doing a lot of cardio so after reading up about jogging for obese people and how horrible it can be for the knees i'v decided to start out slow with walking and work my way up from there.

Last edited: May 14, 2013
    Wheels likes this.
  4. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

Hard Boiled Eggs are pretty perfect. I'm the same as you, up and out the door fast, so I usually eat my breakfast at work. Something quick and protein packed like that realy helps.

5. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

Awesome man! Keep it up!

6. Freshtown

Freshtown Well-Known Member

It's simple math, really. Caloric intake minus activity level will give you what you need to lose it. How do you do this? Download the free Myfitnesspal app (or loseit, nearly the same thing) and TRACK EVERYTHING. you enter your weight, your height, age, activities, and goal weight, along with goal weight date, and it tells you how many calories you can eat per day along the way.

You track everything you eat. It's really easy, and I've seen amazing results with it. It becomes like a game. Just do it. The key to weight loss is tracking what you're eating, and this app makes it easy and fun.

maxiep likes this.
  7. Stevenson

Stevenson Old School

Writer