Blazer Position Rankings

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by cmeese47, Jun 16, 2014.

1. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

Yet your same report shows Montana to be 7th in Education Output and 7th in Education Efficiency.

Cost of living is lower, so teachers are paid less. Kids are generally smarter, though, going through the system.

http://www.msubillings.edu/caer/quality_rankings_of_education_in.htm

Way to use a link that contradicts whatever point you were trying to make. Was the point that I must be stupid because I went to HS, and did my undergrad work, in Montana? That's a pretty dumb point to make. According to your own list, Texas is #1 in the rankings. I guess we should listen to anybody who went to school in Texas, and just consider them correct on any issue since they went to school in Texas.

2. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

What kind of "intelligent" person uses criteria that belie their own claims?

According to your link, Montana doesn't pay teachers very well, and allows the state to fire bad teachers. Which leads to 7th in the USA in Output (test scores) and efficiency (test scores plus percent of citizens w/college degrees). According to your own source, Montana ranks highly in test scores, and in percent of the population who get college degress.

LMAO at you.

http://www.msubillings.edu/caer/quality_rankings_of_education_in.htm

]

3. cmeese47

cmeese47 Well-Known Member

Of course your state rated higher since you don't have minorities to bring down your test scores.

4. cmeese47

Contradicts what, Montana is ridiculously white and they spend very little on education so their efficiency score is bound to be high. Furthermore, the education outputs ranking was based only mean act score and the percentage of 4th graders score on reading and math. Considering Montana runs ACT Prep curriculum and has very few of those pesky minorities to lower their test scores they ranked well.

Montana ranked 46/49 in education input and social impact they were a robust 42/50 thanks to low wages, a lack of college degrees and the number of books checked out of libraries.

In the above data, there is a strong negative relationship between the percentage of minorities in a state and the educational output.

5. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

OK then...

6. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Can you two please take this to the Off Topic section.

7. PapaG

PapaG Banned User BANNED

I'm not sure why Montana was brought up in the first place. Seems irrelevant to this discussion. :dunno:

8. cmeese47

Not sure why you suggest I would be the person behind the Panthers fan account, I have never felt the need to hide when I have something to say.