Is it time to legalize marijuana?

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by DaLincolnJones, Jul 17, 2014.

1. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

I keep seeing stories that he opposed it initially, not supported it. I dunno. Not seeing where he has said he would be opposed now. Though, that seems like it wouldn't really be a change.
    What was the revenue you were promised? Again, seeing all the revenue as higher than all of the estimates. Care to share his quotes and the high projections?

2. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    It's all local news. Look it up if you wish. I just need to turn on the television.

As for revenue we were promised, the taxes from marijuana were supposed to stem any increase in school taxes. School taxes went up 8% this year in Denver. Overtime costs have also gone up for the Denver police, due almost exclusively to marijuana-related incidents.

Every state will have its own experience. People in Boulder love it. Denver is divided on it. Colorado Springs hates it. We'll see how people in Oregon like it.

3. DaLincolnJones

DaLincolnJones Well-Known Member

ya know it make sense to have an increase in petty crime, homelessness, stoned and disorderly etc..the legalization has had to attracted the worst of the worst to the circus like atmosphere that had been created. One would have to think that it will abate as other states legalize and Colorado no longer resides as the Belle of the ball.

maybe I am being way too optimistic in believing that this is the way to make something good out of a stinking pile of poo.

4. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

So many examples, unable to provide one. Thanks! I always like when people make claims, and expect others to find the info themselves.
    Increase in school tax isn't specifically an"it made less than projected", since it has made more, but whatever. You've railed on pot on here many times throughout the years, so unsubstantiated claims of how awful it is is to be expected.

5. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    Congratulations! You won the interwebs warz!

I couldn't give two shits--not even one in fact--what some random person thinks. Believe me or not, it makes no difference. In the interim, please find me an audio link from a few months ago on KXL or KOPB. Better yet, find me a video from a few months ago on KATU or KGW. kthx.

Perhaps you mistake this for high school debate. I left my ox box far behind. I'm just passing on the experience of actually living here and experiencing it first-hand. I should just understand that hanging back in Oregon makes you the expert about what's going on here.

6. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

Lol. Saw that response coming a mile away.

7. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Might as well be legal seeing how sleazy doctors are making millions writing people severe pain medical prescriptions for stubbed toes...I'm sure many of you think that is an exaggeration, which it is not, it's really that join easy to join the OMMP. These doctors who sign prescriptions for anyone that walks through their door are taking away money that could go to our schools and roads.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  8. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Weren't you leaving the country anyways?

9. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    So shall we make alcohol illegal too? More auto deaths are associated with drunk driving than any other substance on the planet.

10. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    When they legalized medical marijuana in CO, Westword (our Willamette Week) did an article where they discovered over 90% of all prescriptions for weed in the City of Denver were written by only four physicians. SMH.

11. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    The country left me.

SlyPokerDog likes this.
  12. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    I love this argument. There's a big difference between alcohol and marijuana. The biggest is that you can make alcohol out of pretty much anything. Marijuana comes from a very specific seed. In other words, if you wanted to eradicate weed, you could. You couldn't do it with alcohol.

Second, it's very difficult to OD on alcohol because your body will vomit it up. There have been a number of ODs here in Colorado from edible THC.

Third, there are all kinds of safeguards to prevent drunk driving. Bartenders, establishments and party hosts can be held liable for drunk driving. There is a measurable limit at which it illegal to drive. There is no established, measurable limit for marijuana to measure impairment.

Fourth, of course there are more fatalities due to alcohol than weed, because more people use it more often. You would need to look at a per capita study.

Fifth, kids can't drink much alcohol; the taste is awful and their bodies can't tolerate it. Kids can eat a pot brownie or cookie just like a regular one.

Sixth, don't give me the argument that alcohol is worse than marijuana. There are now studies that show marijuana rewires the brain faster than alcohol abuse. And long-term marijuana smoking is just as damaging as long term drinking. It turns out that abuse is abuse.

But you keep on truckin'.

13. SlyPokerDog

Hahahahaha!

Rep'd.

14. magnifier661

Yeah there is a big difference between weed and alcohol. Alcohol is actually poison bro. You should look it up. Over use cause serious kidney and liver problems, while weed has no documented fatalities.

You must eat at least a 40,000 times of weed equivalent of to OD.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Can_you_overdose_on_marijuana_if_so_how

Next time know what you argue about before you run your mouth

Until you show me the links that support all these weed related accidents, it didn't happen.

Well you should have it then shouldn't you?

Link? Sounds like an opinion, not a fact. I mean kids drink drain cleaner and die.

Link to this baseless claim?

1.) give me documentation of the OD of weed?

2.) Show me the studies of the harmful effects if weed as it pertains to health like you claim?

15. magnifier661

Dude I don't even smoke weed, but laugh at the 50's propaganda old folks like you

16. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

I understand the problems legalized marijuana can create in society, but no worse (in fact less worse, iMO) than alcohol. I believe it should be a freedom of choice issue v being illegal, but very heavily regulated.

17. SlyPokerDog

It's right here, if this doesn't scare you about the evils of marijuana then nothing will.

[video=youtube;54xWo7ITFbg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54xWo7ITFbg[/video]

18. magnifier661

Lmao!!!

19. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
  20. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Last time this initiative was proposed local growers voted against it. Their reason was it cuts into their profits and they don't pay taxes on it now. California had the same thing, Humbolt growers didn't want the gov't involved in their tax free wealth.